Druid Feral viable on raid for DPS ?

Druid Feral viable on raid for DPS ?

by gangistax » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi,

I'm not english (French), sorry for the mistakes on my sentences :/
I want know if on Vanilla, the druid Feral is viable on raid for dps because i like it but my objective is above all of raid so can i try or it's really hard to find raid with this classe ? :)

Thanks for your answer !! ^^
gangistax
Tester

Re: Druid Feral viable on raid for DPS ?

by Trolle » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Druid Feral is not viable, no serious guild will take along a feral druid as DPS. Cat druid, Enhancement Shaman and Retribution Paladin are not good enough to compare to Warriors and Rogues. They do SUBSTANTIALY less DPS compared Rogue/Warrior. We talk like 50% of the DPS.

There might be a guildl or two that want a Feral Druid for Offtank and as such you might be able to cat dps on trash/bosses wher you are not needed, but I'd wouldn't keep my hopes up.
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Papanosta » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi Gangistax.
My experience tells me that anyone confident in the class & spec they roll would be able to get into a serious raiding guild. Feral Druid has less damage output, but they have the stun of Bash, the speed of Dash, the crit of Leader of the Pack and the ability to ress.

Feral Druids are considered hard to gear, mostly because DKP guilds prefer to gear Fury Warrior/Rogues in front of them. Also as for any healer class most guilds would want you to heal.

I'd like to let you know that if you have the dedication required to roll this character you have in mind you can find out more about Project Mayhem here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=775

Hope this enlightened your view on this decision.
~Nosta
Papanosta
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Focus on making a tank first then use Cat when you aren't needed to do so. This is the advantage of Feral. But if you only try to play Cat, then you just rolled an inferior Rogue, and that's what you'll be treated as.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shadow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't perceive druids as others do, namely Jack of all trades, master of none bit (inferior rogue). His feral form gives him more versatility in terms of gameplay. Long story short, the purpose of playing any class is to have fun first of all, so if you like feral, play a feral. I'm certain you will find raids despite it.
I'll raid as subtlety/combat just to spite the elitists.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Beabington » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Shadow wrote:I don't perceive druids as others do, namely Jack of all trades, master of none bit (inferior rogue). His feral form gives him more versatility in terms of gameplay. Long story short, the purpose of playing any class is to have fun first of all, so if you like feral, play a feral. I'm certain you will find raids despite it.
I'll raid as subtlety/combat just to spite the elitists.

No decent guild will take a feral druid, lol. Feral is shit until like AQ40 mace and some other gear and even then it's still pretty bad.

Also combat is like bis for vanilla so...?

Don't listen to anything this bud says, OP.
Officer of <Ridin Dirty>
schrubby1g
Beabington
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Killerwife » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Outdoor+leveling yes, raid - you will only slow down your raid.
Killerwife
Sergeant
Sergeant

by venven » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Shadow wrote:I'll raid as subtlety/combat just to spite the elitists.

:o
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shadow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:38 pm

''No decent guild will take a feral druid, lol. Feral is shit .''
if you say so. In a raid, if he knows what needs to be done at the proper moment I am certain he'll do better as a feral compared to a bis race/talent tree that has no clue.
Lastly playing any game is about having fun, in that order I will never tell anyone play this or that in that manner else you are ''shit''.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Druid