A message to all shaman players

A message to all shaman players

by Dr. Doom » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:24 pm

You currently play the class that is tasked with countering what paladins do for Alliance.

You are expected to do so having a whole tier of armor locked out from you, having much more numerous difficulties if there is no warrior or druid willing to tank for your group, having all your buffs last 2 minutes and be susceptible to dissapearing if a mob randomly hits it, as well as helping only your party mates, not all raid mates who share the same class, being able to dispel only 2 instead of 3 debuff types and not having any convenience tools aking to BoF, BoP or a self defence like Divine Shield.
If and when the TBC server rolls out, or if ulterior expacs roll out, shaman will never get easier or buffed, but rather nerfed and progressively pushed into a position of disadvantage documented in blizzard forums, thread after thread over the years.

As someone that recently joined your ranks, I would like to tell you that you're great. You take what's probably the hardest mechanic to master in this game, totem play, and do your best to produce good results with it. You take the bitching of your team mates and other Horde players that will always say you'll never be as useful as a paladin can be, and you push through regardless. You do not get any freebies like seal/autoattack/afk paladins can, and you'll work hard to get your mount just like any other regular class.

Summing up, you do what hardly anyone does, embrace disadvantage, accept it and still strive for good results. You're the kind of person that really changes the world and does it entirely by training himself rather than expecting a hand-out or a tweak to your convenience.

Always remember that, and keep playing.

Best wishes, a warrior/paladin + noob shaman.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: A message to all shaman players

by Thatoneguy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:58 am

Dr. Doom wrote:you do what hardly anyone does, embrace disadvantage, accept it and still strive for good results. You're the kind of person that really changes the world and does it entirely by training himself rather than expecting a hand-out or a tweak to your convenience.

You're too kind and accurate 8-)
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Derkz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:07 pm

kinda strange. i've only gotten compliments. when i tell people i can tank, they are skeptical at first but ive been told numerous times that i tank just as well as any warrior :) if you're getting a bunch of bitching from people, i suggest you find a new group dude. they're just a bunch of assholes lol
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by Eloah » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:34 pm

WF OP [x]
Chain heal OP [x]
let other noobs decurse/dispell [x]
Eloah
Private
Private

by Aslan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:00 am

Please edit your original post and insert the word 'Purge' at least 20 times at random places, it will be a masterpiece!
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wreckington » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:05 pm

If you think Shamen are disadvantaged in any way, shape or form you must be clinically retarded.
Oh boo hoo, they aren't as useful in raids as Paladins. Fortunately for them, they won't have to compete with them for raid slots for a whole expansion. It's also more than made up for by them being one of the most overpowered pvp classes in the game.
Wreckington
Private
Private

by Shinigamy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:...You take what's probably the hardest mechanic to master in this game, totem play, and do your best to produce good results with it...

Oh yeah, I remember that part alright. The totems... I am a PvP player, but hell, the totems... That is one of the hardest mechanic to master (or even handle properly) while you play the shaman. It's really frustrating when you cast the wrong totem (and eventally you loose freakin mana) and then, when every1 blames ya!
Also, at the beginning (i mean while you level and you progress to 60) if you don't hany any gold or so little, that you can't train your spells, (for example) rogues are gonna say to you: "yo where is that strength totem?"and stuff like that...

But once you get it all... the fun part comes in. I really love leveling with a shaman. That's the first thing. Cuz if you do it right ( i mean to pop ur totems, use ur spells etc) you don't even need water for mana... It's just...great!
Shinigamy
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Shaman