Windfury Fix (read)

Windfury Fix (read)

by Totemi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 am

Fellow Shamans! I've created a thread on the Suggestion forum as a player here revealed they had better luck in getting 2 specific bugs fixed by politely bumping their thread on the Suggestion forum as their bugtracker post was ignored, as most of our requests to fix windfury has.

Please feel free to contribute in displaying the necessity of having windfury fixed (AP bonus not being applied to windfury attacks) or simply and politely bumping the thread. I'm sure the nost team will be much more willing to fix a core class discrepancy bug if we show that is negatively effecting a good amount of players. Additionally please keep the thread in a positive tone as I'm sure the nost team will be much likely to fix something if we continue to bump the thread asking politely instead of yelling that it's been broken for over a year already and that they need to do something.

The thread is posted below, let's get it fixed!

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37658
Totemi
Private
Private

Re: Windfury Fix (read)

by goondicker » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:28 am

I fully support this. I've made a topic on Reddit linking to your other thread.

Any shaman reading this owes it to himself/herself to post in the other thread.
goondicker
Tester

by Totemi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:31 am

goondicker wrote:I fully support this. I've made a topic on Reddit linking to your other thread.

Any shaman reading this owes it to himself/herself to post in the other thread.

Thanks Goon I appreciate your efforts :) hopefully the devs will at least address the issue soon.
Totemi
Private
Private

by Shamanistic » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:23 am

I was just on my Shaman grinding for exp on some scorpions in Durotar when I saw an awesome level 35 enhancement Shaman with a two-handed mace, to whom I whispered, "so how are you enjoying enhancement?" He was so passionate about the class, and told me about the bug in such detail, warning me that it's been a while with no update to whether or not it's being looked into. I was devastated, but he said not to lose hope, and that I should go to the forums to support the others that want to see this fixed like him. Thanks to that, I'm going to level into enhancement anyway.

Now I completely understand that there are other priorities that need to be focused on, especially with the recent population spikes and what have you, but this has been an issue for about nine months. I think I speak for everyone when I say that that Windfury AP is essential to the core mechanics enhancement shamans, and I would like to believe that this should be of higher priority, especially for a dev team that sought to make this server something truly special. Now we're not asking for a insta-fix or anything like that; we just want you to let us know that you are at least addressing the issue.
Shamanistic
Tester

by Totemi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:52 am

Shamanistic wrote:I was just on my Shaman grinding for exp on some scorpions in Durotar when I saw an awesome level 35 enhancement Shaman with a two-handed mace, to whom I whispered, "so how are you enjoying enhancement?" He was so passionate about the class, and told me about the bug in such detail, warning me that it's been a while with no update to whether or not it's being looked into. I was devastated, but he said not to lose hope, and that I should go to the forums to support the others that want to see this fixed like him. Thanks to that, I'm going to level into enhancement anyway.

Now I completely understand that there are other priorities that need to be focused on, especially with the recent population spikes and what have you, but this has been an issue for about nine months. I think I speak for everyone when I say that that Windfury AP is essential to the core mechanics enhancement shamans, and I would like to believe that this should be of higher priority, especially for a dev team that sought to make this server something truly special. Now we're not asking for a insta-fix or anything like that; we just want you to let us know that you are at least addressing the issue.

Great post Shamanistic, do you mind posting this in the above thread I linked on the suggestions forums? That is our main area of focus in trying to get this fixed, I created this thread to promote the main thread on the suggestion forums.
Totemi
Private
Private

by chriswf » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Shamanistic wrote:I was just on my Shaman grinding for exp on some scorpions in Durotar when I saw an awesome level 35 enhancement Shaman with a two-handed mace, to whom I whispered, "so how are you enjoying enhancement?" He was so passionate about the class, and told me about the bug in such detail, warning me that it's been a while with no update to whether or not it's being looked into. I was devastated, but he said not to lose hope, and that I should go to the forums to support the others that want to see this fixed like him. Thanks to that, I'm going to level into enhancement anyway.

I was going to quit my lvl 8 Shaman today, and probably play a warlock.
But then I read your post, and several other motivational posts.
I'm going to stick with it and show my support.

Oh yeah, bump :roll:
chriswf
Tester

by Tamanous » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Support!

This needs a fix asap. Imagine a core mechanic for a primary raid progression class not working ... the forums would explode and mass people would leave the game. Just because this bug doesn't affect progression doesn't mean it shouldn't be made priority.

When shamans in game learn of this bug you can almost hear them logging out and typing "DELETE". I have heard several just in Barrens chat area who learn of the bug say there was now no point for them to level a shaman and were deleting the character. All you have to do is log on and bring this subject up in zone chat and then listen to all the new shamans get sad and then not want to play. It shatters their ambition to play the class.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by reywas216 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Windfury weapon is a core part of Enh shamans, and without it working properly they are hindered and cannot be played to their full potential. That has not stopped me, and will not because of how much I care about the class and spec. I've loved everything about Shamans for as long as I can remember. I've played every spec in every expansion, but there's nothing like Enhancement. There are plenty of reasons Enhancement Shamans are great but the windfury bug is a big downer.
Arrgo, Tauren Enh Shaman, PVP server. Guild: <LOW>
reywas216
Tester

by reywas216 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Tamanous wrote:Support!

This needs a fix asap. Imagine a core mechanic for a primary raid progression class not working ... the forums would explode and mass people would leave the game. Just because this bug doesn't affect progression doesn't mean it shouldn't be made priority.

When shamans in game learn of this bug you can almost hear them logging out and typing "DELETE". I have heard several just in Barrens chat area who learn of the bug say there was now no point for them to level a shaman and were deleting the character. All you have to do is log on and bring this subject up in zone chat and then listen to all the new shamans get sad and then not want to play. It shatters their ambition to play the class.

This was almost me. I feel that the only reasons I trudge on is from my passion for the class. In saying that it is definitely a depressing and cumbersome task to level on.
Arrgo, Tauren Enh Shaman, PVP server. Guild: <LOW>
reywas216
Tester

by Arixtra » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:56 am

In the thread " Windfury animation" they also switch to the topic "Windfury bug" and a GM has answered the following to the question, weather it makes sense to have several threads about it:

"No, it is actually harmful because they have to be read and then closed as duplicates, wasting time. Rather, add more evidence to the existing bug reports.

The GM team."

That means support is important, but in the existing threads, and not in new ones, which deal with the same topic!
Arixtra
Tester

Next

Return to Shaman