Endgame healer

Endgame healer

by Cowstep » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:29 pm

So hit 60 a week back. Raiding is good and fun but the hours inbetween?
How do you guys farm, quest, PvP? Do you find healing enjoyable 100% of the time?

I've allways played either Tank or DPS. Enjoyed both roles but this healing gig might not be for me.

I allways feel like I am standing next to a group of players who actually get to play the game and I'm just there to enable them.. Does it get better?
Cowstep
Private
Private

Re: Endgame healer

by ShaqPack » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Shamans are a fun class but if you're just healing all day you will eventually get bored with it. To be honest what you probably want to do is start working on a second spec that you can switch to when you're not raiding. Enhance and Elemental have their pro's and cons, most people on this forum it appears prefer elemental once you start getting raiding gear. So basically the idea is why you collect healing gear, also try to get off pieces and such for your other set, which you can then go pvp with.

As for making money, if you don't feel like grinding out herbs or ores, you can either do 5 mans (best as a healer) or wacky stuff like 2 manning DM east for shard and arcane crystal runs.

Respeccing can be costly but it's a small price to pay as long as you're having fun playing your toon. That being said, you may want to consider healing in PvP too, in particular Shaman are very good in AV.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Cowstep wrote:I allways feel like I am standing next to a group of players who actually get to play the game and I'm just there to enable them.. Does it get better?

Not really. Healing is more of a side-line job, but it beats spamming that 'magic bolt' Priests and Warlocks have any time of the day. PvP healing is more interactive but at times it still feels like he ones getting healed are having more fun.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by egorgeous » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Resto Shaman is god-tier. No other spec necessary.
Imba.
egorgeous
Tester

Return to Shaman