World pvp while leveling my shaman alt. (Spec help)

Re: World pvp while leveling my shaman alt. (Spec help)

by Thatoneguy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:12 pm

wiseoldenemy wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zAcMqZZVfcb0xo

Start off by filling out the Ele tree, then go resto. This is the literaly best spec for anything, I take 5 into convection because 10% reduced fire/nature/frost is bad and the earth totem one is worse. Also great mana saver 10% wow. I take imp reincarnate because its nice to bounce back and fuck up some one, and makes it great for 1v2s which turn into 1v3s and you die on the third guy, but not really cause u bounce back!

For mobs, use fire enchant or rock biter and pull with 2-3 lightning bolts and use rank 1 searing totem with spell power. For players, zap with lightning.

BTW this is the literal best and only build nothing beats it.

With the exception of Nature Swiftness there is no talent that flat out beats Elemental Mastery for 1 talent point in to resto tree. If you're going go level as Elemental and invest into the Elemental tree first you might as well take Elemental Mastery at lvl 40. Once you reach 60 you can respec if you want NS.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wiseoldenemy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:
wiseoldenemy wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zAcMqZZVfcb0xo

Start off by filling out the Ele tree, then go resto. This is the literaly best spec for anything, I take 5 into convection because 10% reduced fire/nature/frost is bad and the earth totem one is worse. Also great mana saver 10% wow. I take imp reincarnate because its nice to bounce back and fuck up some one, and makes it great for 1v2s which turn into 1v3s and you die on the third guy, but not really cause u bounce back!

For mobs, use fire enchant or rock biter and pull with 2-3 lightning bolts and use rank 1 searing totem with spell power. For players, zap with lightning.

BTW this is the literal best and only build nothing beats it.

With the exception of Nature Swiftness there is no talent that flat out beats Elemental Mastery for 1 talent point in to resto tree. If you're going go level as Elemental and invest into the Elemental tree first you might as well take Elemental Mastery at lvl 40. Once you reach 60 you can respec if you want NS.

Yea good idea for leveling
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ShaqPack » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:31 am

Enhance with 2 hander all the way IMO. Elemental is cool but it's too easy to go oom. With enhance you have the option to never need drinks while still killing enemies reasonably fast.

The big thing here is how you grind out mobs. You will generally want to take stuff that's either on your level or lower, that way you can lay down totems without worrying about aggroing other mobs. Totems are usually not mana efficient, unless you use them up for their full duration - which is sort of the plan here. You want to use your mana in bursts, like at the start of the pull, or towards the end of the pull you can use a shock, and then heal right after, so you keep yourself out of the 5 second rule for as long as possible.

For world pvp it's much better too, as you won't be bursting down anything with a dagger and board, meanwhile windfury procs will instant kill most clothies and even do good damage to leather wearers. For plate wearers just kite while using your mana. Elemental isn't bad for world pvp either, but it's a lot easier to get caught with a low mana bar as that spec, whereas with enhance you should pretty much almost always be good on mana.

One big thing that helps, if you grind mobs to level, try to anticipate when Ony buffs go out in orgrimmar, as the buff lasts 2 hours and is insanely useful for grinding. Elixirs aren't a bad idea either if you got the gold for it.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Shaman