Played lock in vanilla, shaman on live.

Played lock in vanilla, shaman on live.

by Jeazy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:35 am

Although I haven't been subbed since a year or so. But a few things.

I always wanted to be a shaman in vanilla but had to go lock cause rl friends HAD to be elfs and go alliance.
I hated frost shock, grounding totem, WF crits so much as always was jealous. Rerolled shaman in WOTLK but by then it was DW time, I still used 2h when grinding mobs though.

Anyways now is the time to live my dream and roll an epic troll enh shammy. Super casual so mostly random PvP in mind.

Is enh viable in vanilla for PvE at all? What level can you get too without getting exposed?
I don't mind healing but it's a pain with respeccing and gold supply as a filthy casual.

Have a nice day all.
Jeazy
Tester

Re: Played lock in vanilla, shaman on live.

by chriswf » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Enhance/melee is decent from the get-go. If you don't like healing - then don't lol.
I've healed in various xpacs, my healing has saved my team in BGs, arenas, pvp, etc... But it's not me. Not going to force myself into it in this xpac.
chriswf
Tester

by ShaqPack » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 am

Most raids will usually take *1* enhance shammy and those kind of spots are extremely competitive. Just by the fact that this server is a year old and there's already people that are decked out with BIS or high warlord gear, I can say you'll have a very hard time getting in a raid as an enhance shammy.

If you do want to roll one for pvp though you pretty much gotta roll Orc, as the expertise bonus and bloodfury will far outweigh the troll. You can of course just pvp on the toon instead, but even then Troll's are that good, compared to Tauren who can war stomp and then cast a heal, or Orcs, who got the stun resist.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aethelwulf » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Tauren is easily the best PvP race. War Stomp doesn't trigger the GCD so that's a guaranteed 2 sec window to cast in. For an enhance Shaman that's a guaranteed LHW (or GW to gtfo). For an Ele Shaman that's LHW/Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning. Also Taurens get +5% health which is good against everything. Orcs by contrast have Bloodfury (which is a marginal damage boost in exchange for ruining your self-heals, so it's pretty bad) and Hardiness (but the Shaman PvP trinket plus Living Action Potion will already break 2 stuns instead of depending on a proc). Don't get me wrong, Orc is a good race thanks to Hardiness, but Tauren is so much better for PvP (plus your PvP trinket works on stuns) that it's the best choice.

If you're going Enhance Shaman for the PvP I would also recommend going Engineering. Goblin Rocket Boots provide a much-needed 70% sprint on a 5min cd plus you get extra slows from Discombobulator Rays in addition to the usual engineering utility and Gnomish Net-o-Matic to root enemies while you beat them senseless.

For PvE, Enhance is the best spec for leveling up but the worst spec for raiding. If you carry a Nightfall guilds will usually make space for 1 Enhance shaman but otherwise you have to raid as resto. I guess you could try a 0/11/31+9 Resto Shaman which is far from optimal as an Enhance build but it still has PvP viability in that you can play healer, beat face with a 2H windfury, and perform NS combos. Maybe you could get away with something like this. Otherwise get used to farming up gold for weekly respecs.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Shaman