Theloras' Retribution Guide

Re: Theloras' Retribution Guide

by niksha » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:29 pm

what are the raidstats you linked supposed to show, or how is that even related?
we all know the simple mechanics of that fight and reasons why its suitable to have paladin there. i could just as well link you a mage doing 1000 dps on that encounter.

not to mention logs you linked are not even recorded on nostalrius or on same content patch we play here atm.

I dont agree you can call a role which uses full paladin t1, melee weapon with intent to hit enemies and ret build a "healer role", hybrid is more likely. Numbers show us how effective that is - keep in mind most pugs can manage better clear times in mc these days.
niksha
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:07 pm

niksha wrote:what are the raidstats you linked supposed to show, or how is that even related?
we all know the simple mechanics of that fight and reasons why its suitable to have paladin there. i could just as well link you a mage doing 1000 dps on that encounter.

1st of all , none would do 1k DPS there even in the most bugged servers such as Peenix
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... sLimit=All

Top 1 DPS = 948 . where me as Paladin did almost 500 (with all the broken and non working abilities) .
This is not a huge difference and if broken abilities was not broken 500 would been even higher than you see like almost the same as Warlock there.

Neffarian p1 = Very unfriendly fight toward Paladin that can overaggro the Tanks easy and end up being Mana burn from NPC. (mana burn = oom)
Neffarian p2 = Very unfriendly fight toward Melee (which include also Paladin)
Neffarian p3 = only 1% from overall dmg done is toward adds and is nothing compare to 350 seconds fight and include that you are not alone aoe killing mobs.

not to mention logs you linked are not even recorded on nostalrius or on same content patch we play here atm.

What does it matter? i just link from overall server (which include all the servers) and all those servers including Nostalrius represent 1.12.1 Vanilla Server and all those servers have 1 thing in common = Bugs.

I dont agree you can call a role which uses full paladin t1, melee weapon with intent to hit enemies and ret build a "healer role", hybrid is more likely.

My point there was that Theloras was Healing during that fight an was not DPS , where you have already pointed that he is under Tanks on Damage.

Numbers show us how effective that is - keep in mind most pugs can manage better clear times in mc these days.

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8921_o.jpg

You want to do Speed Run ? Yes play properly Retribution Paladin and your runs will always be fastest .
Reason : Trash clearing are twice faster using 1 Ret Paladin than having 0 .
Faster trash clearing = lesser wasting time = Bosses always die fast and easy if everyone do tactic = fastest run and easy record kills gg.

Now niksha i honestly ask you to stop derailing this topic , the topic is to help and guide people who want to enjoy Retribution spec , this is not what is good or bad.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:12 pm

niksha wrote:well, you cleared molten core in 3 hours and you barely did more damage than a tank, making significant impact only on overhealing.
Also, a lot of your healers seem to stay back and afk, while few carry them.

I dont see how is this making a raid stronger, but if you are having fun, go for it :)

It was to test out the 8/8 Tier 1 set bonus group AoE heal along with Judgement of Light in a 40man raid instance. Since it's such a unique mechanic and I wasn't sure how effective it would be, I was curious to try it out.

Also, you can't look at the overall data parse on its own since I didn't even try to DPS on Geddon or Shazzrah and died early on Ragnaros.

If you look at the individual fights where I did DPS and passively heal (8/8 set bonus and JoL), you can see it's an interesting tactic to use, especially on melee heavy damage fights:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 37&Fight=1
- on Magmadar came 12th on DPS but 2nd on healing lol

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 37&Fight=5
- on Sulfuron came 8th on DPS and 3rd on healing

Looking to the future however, this 8/8 set bonus AoE group heal and Judgement of Light is at least mandatory on one fight in Naxxramas and something that all Paladins should aim for to at least keep in their banks.

Do you know which one it is?
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theloras » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 am

Grats to my boy Smiter on getting his ASSCANDY earlier tonight - keep on making daddy proud!

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... yer=Smiter

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=32854
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Yokke » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Yokke
Tester

by Theloras » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theloras » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 am

Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cysthen » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 am

Oh god hes got his own stickied thread. Gz
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by justclassic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Well its clear that within his raid he did a fantastic job.

Its also clear that he did a fantastic job as a Paladin as he scores Top 3 Rankings for 7/8 BWL Bosses.

Yet compared to ALL damage dealers he averages around Top 1500.

This means even though he's one of the best Paladins on this server damage-wise he is far away from competing with other classes.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:52 pm

justclassic wrote:

Well its clear that within his raid he did a fantastic job.

Its also clear that he did a fantastic job as a Paladin as he scores Top 3 Rankings for 7/8 BWL Bosses.

Yet compared to ALL damage dealers he averages around Top 1500.

This means even though he's one of the best Paladins on this server damage-wise he is far away from competing with other classes.

only if smither had full bis gear

only if paladins bugs was fixed too

only if it was me or theloras go deep ret get that ranks.

it would been different story.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin