Let's Talk Shockadin PvP

Re: Let's Talk Shockadin PvP

by Theloras » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
Ihealwpvp wrote:paladins are best holy and supporting,

Shockadin is holy...No one said you cant be defensive and offensive...

The post I made had nothing of that, so don't assume this was only made to be only as offense, and that you only would have crap gear.

Just stick to the topic, not assumptions please.

Ihealwpvp loves to derail pretty much every single Paladin thread with his "expert opinions"
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Baalls » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Theloras wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:
Ihealwpvp wrote:paladins are best holy and supporting,

Shockadin is holy...No one said you cant be defensive and offensive...

The post I made had nothing of that, so don't assume this was only made to be only as offense, and that you only would have crap gear.

Just stick to the topic, not assumptions please.

Ihealwpvp loves to derail pretty much every single Paladin thread with his "expert opinions"

Yeah hes a turd.

JCarrill0 wrote:
Baalls wrote:Wait for AQ, get Shard of the Fallen Star.

anything else to add? Talent builds? anything?

Here is a cool video of back pedaller blowing people up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7RU0N-44Y
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nugeneration » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:57 pm

I always liked the 30/x/19+2 build on retail vanilla as a Shockadin.

More squish than the 1h+shield, but more burst if you get a SoC proc or time your trinket burst rotation around SoC.

You can always equip a 1h/shield and turtle up until cooldowns come back up as well if needed.

Not sure about what bugs this server might have as I just started playing here. If SoC doesnt benefit from spellpower for example, this spec would not be as good.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Nugeneration wrote:I always liked the 30/x/19+2 build on retail vanilla as a Shockadin.

More squish than the 1h+shield, but more burst if you get a SoC proc or time your trinket burst rotation around SoC.

You can always equip a 1h/shield and turtle up until cooldowns come back up as well if needed.

Not sure about what bugs this server might have as I just started playing here. If SoC doesnt benefit from spellpower for example, this spec would not be as good.

Could you link me your own talent spec?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nugeneration » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:34 pm

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sExu0xotZxf0tb
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Nugeneration wrote:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sExu0xotZxf0tb

Ok I see, thats good.
Duki said benediction was confirmed to be fixed soon, if so would you switch from Imp might to bene or keep the increased AP bonus?
smilkovpetko wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:Why benediction if its not working properly?

Some sort of fetish ?

why not when it will start working? or getting fixed ?

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=784

Status - Confirmed = means it will get fixed soon.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nugeneration » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:24 pm

I'll personally be keeping the AP, either way is fine though. Benediction is a great ability in PvE, but has always been rather lacking compared to Improved might for PvP.

That being said if you play with friends who already have imp BoM by all means take Benediction. Either way you won't kill the spec by using personal preference there. Imp BoM just adds more burst damage. Benediction increases your sustain. Shockadin builds aren't designed around sustain as much as they are burst (at least from a PvP perspective which is what this spec is for).
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Nugeneration wrote:I'll personally be keeping the AP, either way is fine though. Benediction is a great ability in PvE, but has always been rather lacking compared to Improved might for PvP.

That being said if you play with friends who already have imp BoM by all means take Benediction. Either way you won't kill the spec by using personal preference there. Imp BoM just adds more burst damage. Benediction increases your sustain. Shockadin builds aren't designed around sustain as much as they are burst (at least from a PvP perspective which is what this spec is for).

I agree, but my Shockadin build is around Spell Damage (when it becomes viable)
I asked about the Might > Wisdom/Kings because you seem to use SoC > SoR correct?
I'm curious to know if you would use 1h or 2h with your Talent build.

Also I don't see how shockadin would be useful for anything but PvP.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nugeneration » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 pm

2H>1H with this build. Keep a 1h/shield on hand when you need to support/heal or between shock cooldowns if you prefer.

General rules are use your 2h (Nightfall preferably at least until AQ40/Naxx when other 2hs could be better) I kept Nightfall all through in retail.

Save your burst for a SoC proc (hopefully while you have Nightfall debuff up as well). After a SoC proc proceed to do the standard shockadin burst rotation.

Keep a 1h/shield on you to turtle up and heal if/when needed.

Those last two talent points can either go into EfaE or Ret aura. Personal preference on which you have more trouble with melee or casters.

Edit: Casters are easier to kill than a standard 1h/shield shockadin simply because of the SoCom burst. Melee can be slightly more difficult since you don't have a shield on always. This build uses the same +sp dmg gear as a 1h/shield build would for the most part. Maybe a few slight differences in some pieces, but I doubt it and would have to check the AQ loot tables to verify.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by Nugeneration » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:03 pm

You could try a UF from the AV grind after benediction is fixed for some more burst with JoC if it is scaling effectively.

Nightfall procs+holy burst would do more on demand damage though more RNG on the timing.

UF would allow you to take advantage of the stun procs for JoC for lower burst more often and not as RNG.

Which ever style you prefer and personal preference.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin