Offtankadin for Drakkisath - How?(!)

Offtankadin for Drakkisath - How?(!)

by TheFishyOne » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 am

Well guys, I was in my first UBRS pug as an Offtankadin, and I saw something at the very end that I had never seen in my entire time doing UBRS anywhere, including live...

...That's right, I saw the general drop a Deflector!

Well, to cut a long story short, I now have a Draconian Deflector. That said, my OTing of the general was what I like to refer to as...bad. At no point did I ever have aggro on the general, even though I ended the fight oom. Offtanking is supposed to be where Tankadins shine, as we don't need to be taking damage to build threat, but at the same time, soooooo much of our threat is reactive. Granted, our MT was a T1 War with a Quel'Serrar, but without getting beat on, my threat was rock bottom. Then, I went oom and it started to dig.

Duki, you've been my Master-At-Arms thus far, and you seem to have a Pally-cetric strat for every raid boss in the game, how would you OT General Drakkisath? JC, you seem to be a staunch supporter of having a Prot Pally in the raid as OT or a trash tank, do you have any ideas?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Offtankadin for Drakkisath - How?(!)

by smilkovpetko » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 am

Unfortunately in this Boss you need to be MainTank in order to play it proper .

How to MT :

1st you tank the Boss , Boss does breath on you , You bubble instant and remove fast so you avoid 1st breath , Boss does 2nd Breath on you , Warrior taunt the Boss from you but he does not do any threats, once breath gone away from you , you simple sor/jor,consecration,sor and aggro should be back on you until next breath.

(communication required).

How to OT :

You need 100 Spell Damage in order to do lot of threats (jotc and sor) all the time + consecration max rank spam when breath happen and/or use bubble to maintank.

(sadly this will be hard or can't happen in nostalrius because SoR is not affected properly from spell damage) bugged.

p.s being OT as Paladin is False (even though we can be great OT ) , our role is always MT on Boss that require Switch Targets..
This include Bosses :
-last boss UBRS
-3x drakes in BWL
-Hakkar in ZG
-Raptor in ZG
-Spider in ZG
-1st boss in AQ20
-Bug Trio in AQ40
-Golemagg in MC
-4hm in Naxx (holy horse only)
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Duki has it. you need to pull first/IE: MT it.

Just FYI, I always solo tanked him. Adds would BE CC'd. 2 druids could sleep him, but then again... People always kited the adds away and used FD to reset them (I hated this method).

During Conflag I would d DP (Divine protection (Rank 1)) and remove it so I remained top TPS. The second one I get a priest PW: Shield to absorb the dmg, and he would still attack me since my TPS was so high.

This was done because I had better gear. In your gear i dunno if I would even try it, so again props for your bravery.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheFishyOne » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:32 pm

How does bubbling Conflag work? I always though that as soon as you got conflagged, your ythreat was 0, but I'm likely wrong.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:13 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:How does bubbling Conflag work? I always though that as soon as you got conflagged, your ythreat was 0, but I'm likely wrong.

The PW: Shield absorbs the continued fire dmg you take from the conflag, so your still out of control but Drakk cans till be on you if your TPS is high enough, I only suffer 2 Conflags before drak dies, If it goes to three, I'm gonna loose aggro.
DPS has to be strong enough to kill Drakk before then or its a wipe for me. If you use 2 tanks, you can BoP on the other tank, to regain aggro, but your DPS needs to kill him before the 4th one, otherwise a wipe imminent.

Note: I have no done Drakk on Nost yet, so these strategy is from previous experience

JCarrill0 wrote:UBRS would most definitely be my last place to tank until I had every gear I could. So you took up a challenge which is brave, good job for stepping up. We need people to attempt this stuff and learn from mistakes to help other fellow Tankadins get better.
As for threat issues, I assume your using IMP RF? Droping AOE, and everyone has Salv Correct?

General Drakkisath
General Drakkisath Abilities
  • Cleave - Inflicts normal damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 5 targets.
  • Conflagration - Sets an enemy aflame, inflicting 3000 Fire damage over 10 sec. and sending it into a state of panic. While the target is affected, the flames periodically scorch its nearby allies for 300 damage as well.
  • Fire Nova - Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies.
  • Thunderclap - Inflicts 1407 to 1594 Nature damage to nearby enemies, increasing the time between their attacks by 100% and slowing their movement by 60% for 10 sec.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheFishyOne » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks to the both of you, will after try that once I have the gear!
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mchayes » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:29 am

The elite guards are immune to CC, atleast they should be! So just because that would work on feenix, might not mean it works here.

I tanked it as a paladin by healing our warlock as he lifetapped. As we all know, healing=threat. Worked easy.
When you got him after the kite, just do your normal TPS rotation.
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Mchayes wrote:The elite guards are immune to CC, atleast they should be! So just because that would work on feenix, might not mean it works here.

I tanked it as a paladin by healing our warlock as he lifetapped. As we all know, healing=threat. Worked easy.

boss always should be kite by hunter until adds die. there should be no question about this. that is the nature of this boss mechanic
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Mchayes wrote:The elite guards are immune to CC, atleast they should be! So just because that would work on feenix, might not mean it works here.

They are not immune to Sleep, nor were they ever immune to that form of CC in vanilla.

most just kite them to the beast room and kill DraKk anyways,
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wargly13 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:16 pm

It is funny how those Retri/Prot fans couldnt answer this question a month ago, first of all it is a 10-man raid so you probably wont get 2 drood and even when u got them sleep can resistable randomly i mean at the middle of sleep they may resist it. So u guys said hunter should kite boss, and guess what u didnt tell him, how to get aggro back. Anyway here is the solution. You will tank the first add when your warrior tanks the second and when yours is dead you need to heal the other tank to build some aggro on drakkisath before he returns otherwise . Keep healing while he is coming back then try to get aggro with holy shock etc. Enjoy your Conflagration then bubble ur warrior should have taunt him when he used Conflagration on you so u will have a little time to build some more aggro with consec etc. Never seen another pally tanking it successfully, and I had failed it many times before finding this healing tactic. And yeah Prot&Retri is shit just go Holy and enjoy your content. Well 1 Retri Paladin is okay for swinging nightfall and having judgement on bosses. Prot is bad for raids as we have no taunt no damage reducing skills and low building of threat just wait for TBC and Offtank:/ I am pretty sure that you are not going to able to hold aggro against some good dps.
Wargly13
Private
Private

Next

Return to Paladin