Offtankadin for Drakkisath - How?(!)

Re: Offtankadin for Drakkisath - How?(!)

by smilkovpetko » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Wargly13 wrote:It is funny how those Retri/Prot fans couldnt answer this question a month ago, first of all it is a 10-man raid so you probably wont get 2 drood and even when u got them sleep can resistable randomly i mean at the middle of sleep they may resist it. So u guys said hunter should kite boss, and guess what u didnt tell him, how to get aggro back. Anyway here is the solution. You will tank the first add when your warrior tanks the second and when yours is dead you need to heal the other tank to build some aggro on drakkisath before he returns otherwise . Keep healing while he is coming back then try to get aggro with holy shock etc. Enjoy your Conflagration then bubble ur warrior should have taunt him when he used Conflagration on you so u will have a little time to build some more aggro with consec etc. Never seen another pally tanking it successfully, and I had failed it many times before finding this healing tactic. And yeah Prot&Retri is shit just go Holy and enjoy your content. Well 1 Retri Paladin is okay for swinging nightfall and having judgement on bosses. Prot is bad for raids as we have no taunt no damage reducing skills and low building of threat just wait for TBC and Offtank:/ I am pretty sure that you are not going to able to hold aggro against some good dps.

more simple = when boss get back , warrior taunt it and stop aggro until you gain the aggro (maybe will cost 5 seconds at start) meanwhile people should stop dps for first 10 seconds (not a big deal) ..

The rest is well explained.

And no prot is not bad for raids,neither aggro is problem if you use spell damage weapon and i have done all raids and all raid bosses that exist in game.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Wargly13 wrote:It is funny how those Retri/Prot fans couldnt answer this question a month ago,

What are you talking about? This is an inaccurate statement.
Stick to facts not what you "think" is true. I have answered this on other forums on other server long before Nost was around.

Wargly13 wrote:first of all it is a 10-man raid so you probably wont get 2 drood and even when u got them sleep can resistable randomly i mean at the middle of sleep they may resist it.

again what are you talking about? any/all spells can be reisted, thats why when people higher level mobs you always double CC to make sure the CC takes effect.

Wargly13 wrote: So u guys said hunter should kite boss, and guess what u didnt tell him, how to get aggro back.

Also incorrect, Drak doesnt get aggro back if the hunter pulls alone and run off with him. if everyoen starts and then the hunter pulls the boss, then yes Drakk will get aggro back, but honestly WHO does that when you kite a boss out of the room? seriously. (only newbs would be confused here)

Wargly13 wrote:Anyway here is the solution. You will tank the first add when your warrior tanks the second and when yours is dead you need to heal the other tank to build some aggro on drakkisath before he returns otherwise

um... each add sunders the tanks, so if the Main tank is tanking Drakk and one of his adds he is dead by the first conflag since his armor is reduced to nothing, so this is a strategy used only for geared Tanks (teir 1 and up). Can a less then tier 1 tank do it? sure if he was maxed out on buffs (elixirs too). But its a huge waste of stuff for a possible attempt.

Wargly13 wrote:Keep healing while he is coming back then try to get aggro with holy shock etc. Enjoy your Conflagration then bubble ur warrior should have taunt him when he used Conflagration on you so u will have a little time to build some more aggro with consec etc.

Time out.. Holy shock... ok so you a shockadin tank, not a Tankadin? This entire post was about tankadin (protection Paladins)

Wargly13 wrote: Never seen another pally tanking it successfully, and I had failed it many times before finding this healing tactic.

perhaps that is because your the WRONG SPEC (shockadin tank wtf)

Wargly13 wrote:And yeah Prot&Retri is shit just go Holy and enjoy your content.

I am Holy but even I know this is the wrong spec to be to tank a 10-man boss in blue gear...

Wargly13 wrote:Well 1 Retri Paladin is okay for swinging nightfall and having judgement on bosses. Prot is bad for raids as we have no taunt no damage reducing skills and low building of threat just wait for TBC and Offtank:/ I am pretty sure that you are not going to able to hold aggro against some good dps.

wait for TBC? what...are...you...talking... about?!!

*shake my head*
#DoubleFacePalm
#NewbsFTL
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wargly13 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Well I felt bad after seeing Killerduki's comment. He was kind to me, sorry for writing like that and yeah, Thank you for that, and JCarrill u didnt even understand what I have told. I dont even think that u have ever done UBRS, those adds may resist sleep randomly not like at first, it is like u sleep them than 1 of them can resist at 2. second. So thats why we kite. I have tried to explain how to get aggro back when the hunter is back. This is the main problem with taking Drakk as paladin. Try to understand, hunter pulls boss, u get one add when the warrior gets other one, urs getting killed first than you have to heal the warrior a bit to build some threat on Drakki otherwise when the hunter is back drakkisath will jump on healers instead of you. You didnt understand anything but still trying to answer like an asshole. I have told that I was tanking as holy. Doesnt really matter if u use holy shock or not. I dont really get it I am telling you the tactic to kill the boss and u are whining about random things in my post. And I am pretty sure that most of paladins would fail if they dont try such a tactic. Getting first aggro from drakkisath is not about being holy or prot because hunter will be bringing him to room when the healers had already built some aggro on him. So he will jump on them. I am holy and healing raids thats what I have tried to say.
Wargly13
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 pm

First of all, you make a wall of text, perhaps this is why you can confuse others. Please work on this.

Wargly13 wrote:Well I felt bad after seeing Killerduki's comment. He was kind to me, sorry for writing like that and yeah, Thank you for that, and JCarrill u didnt even understand what I have told.

I get what you typed, but its very sloppy. If i didn't understand it's becuase you write like this which again is VERY confusing.

Wargly13 wrote:I dont even think that u have ever done UBRS, those adds may resist sleep randomly not like at first, it is like u sleep them than 1 of them can resist at 2.

I think I mentioned in an earlier comment you should always double CC, like Sleep, then resleep to make sure its not resisted, but I guess your still confused. (I mentioned that only newbs would get confused by the way)
Perhaps you have never done UBRS.

Wargly13 wrote: second. So thats why we kite. I have tried to explain how to get aggro back when the hunter is back. This is the main problem with taking Drakk as paladin.

re-read what you typed, you didn't explain that.

Wargly13 wrote: Try to understand, hunter pulls boss, u get one add when the warrior gets other one, urs getting killed first than you have to heal the warrior a bit to build some threat on Drakki otherwise when the hunter is back drakkisath will jump on healers instead of you.

you need to explain better if your talking about the Elite guards being killed first, since if you read my strategy above, I explain the same thing about killing the adds (elite guards) while Drakk is being kited.
And Like I said before, Drakk can reset if you kill the adds before the hunter does a FD from kitting, leaving time for player to mana up, heal up, res the dead (if needed). normally we didn't have to worry about that.
(and yet you think I have never done UBRS, lol)

Wargly13 wrote:You didnt understand anything but still trying to answer like an asshole.

you misunderstand, and you type where other misunderstand you, yet you claim I am the @$$hole. Think about your communication before claiming I am the @$$ here. I get you got defensive when I took your wall of text and answered it via quotes, but that doesn't make me an @$$hole, that's just another assumption based on what you think, not know.
Ask Duki, he knows I can be an @$$hole. lol

Wargly13 wrote:I have told that I was tanking as holy. Doesnt really matter if u use holy shock or not. I dont really get it I am telling you the tactic to kill the boss and u are whining about random things in my post.

Whining is a complaint without a solution. I gave solutions, understand the definition of whining.
The tactics were not based on the OP (original post). you need to pay attention when giving advice. you can skim a post and then proceed to give advice if you don't understand what the question was.

Wargly13 wrote:And I am pretty sure that most of paladins would fail if they dont try such a tactic.

Again another assumption, not a fact.

Wargly13 wrote:Getting first aggro from drakkisath is not about being holy or prot because hunter will be bringing him to room when the healers had already built some aggro on him.

WRONG!
This is what I was trying to explain here, healers shouldn't be anyone DOING ANYTHING when the hunter pull, BECAUSE that cause threat on Drak! once the hunter pull and the adds go after the hunter, CC or tank pulling can begin. Have you seriously not done this fight before? LOL.

If a healer has hots up, or a PW: Shield, they get threat, same thing for warriors (if they Bloodrage first). Only the hunter should have aggro, once the pull has started, the tanks can pull the adds back and the Druid can CC if it is needed. It will not link threat on Drak to anyone since threat will not BE on anyone (except the hunter). The PULL is linked yes, but NOT threat table. If a hunter pulls Drak out of the room the threat is only on him (unless a healer throws heals on him which add the healers to the threat table from Drakk).

Wargly13 wrote: So he will jump on them. I am holy and healing raids that's what I have tried to say.

You need to work on writing differently, I'm not trying to be mean, but a wall of text doesn't help the readers.

PS - I'm the @$$hole yet you claimed it wasn't until a month ago that paladins could answer such questions. I found that offensive so yeah, you don't think that was you being an @$$? think about it.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

in short definition.

once boss is pulled - you should never heal any1, tanks should single target pull the adds.

This will make 0 Threats to Drak.

Once the Boss is away from the room , he will be unaffected by any Threats.

Once the Hunter FD , Boss will reset back with 0 threats.

p.s General should automatic switch target to 2nd aggro once he use breath to current target (according to official wiki mechanic) .

Can anyone confirm this ? because if this is working , taunt for this boss is useless .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/General_Drakkisath

Drakkisath's Conflagration attack will cause the victim to become confused and run about in circles all the while dealing AoE damage to nearby party members. This last 6 seconds and deals roughly 3,000 damage to the target. While this effect is in place, the General will turn on the next player highest on his hate list.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:44 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:in short definition.

once boss is pulled - you should never heal any1, tanks should single target pull the adds.

This will make 0 Threats to Drak.

Once the Boss is away from the room , he will be unaffected by any Threats.

Once the Hunter FD , Boss will reset back with 0 threats.

Drak is bugged here though Duki - if the hunter FD's then the entire fight encounter resets and the adds respawn even if they have been already killed during the kiting phase.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 pm

read the edited post theoloras

p.s so people don't kite the boss here right ?
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:28 am

Theloras wrote:Drak is bugged here though Duki - if the hunter FD's then the entire fight encounter resets and the adds respawn even if they have been already killed during the kiting phase.

Thanks Theo!

smilkovpetko wrote:read the edited post theoloras

Normally it's done with double CC.
Kiting is not the way correct way to do it.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:11 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
Theloras wrote:Drak is bugged here though Duki - if the hunter FD's then the entire fight encounter resets and the adds respawn even if they have been already killed during the kiting phase.

Thanks Theo!

according to wowwiki

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/General_D ... did=284837

Revision as of 20:57, October 13, 2006

Afterwards, the hunter should run all the way to Rend's room and feign death once Drakkisath catches up.

It is indeed correct way even way back in time with hunter kiting.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 am

JCarrill0 wrote:

Thanks Theo!

yea on retail we would just hunter kite him - never bothered with double CC - but back then FD worked properly unlike here on Nost atm I'm afraid :(
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin