Holy paladin tanking? Better than prot paladin?

Re: Holy paladin tanking? Better than prot paladin?

by Scarnavax » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Scarnavax wrote:no i dont think is viable untill tbc (shockadin spec rulez). holy paladin MAY offtank some 10 man raid but nothing more... if you put for tanking gear (plate with +def) u loose heal power (int spirit and +healing power) which make undoable.

Is defense stacking really a good way to go considering Redoubt and Reckoning both need you getting crit?

my dear paladin

without def cap u get permacritted especially by bosses and to get to the def cap (440) you must take some warrior like pieces which, ofc, exclude int and spirit.
Scarnavax
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:36 pm

Scarnavax wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:
Scarnavax wrote:no i dont think is viable untill tbc (shockadin spec rulez). holy paladin MAY offtank some 10 man raid but nothing more... if you put for tanking gear (plate with +def) u loose heal power (int spirit and +healing power) which make undoable.

Is defense stacking really a good way to go considering Redoubt and Reckoning both need you getting crit?

my dear paladin

without def cap u get permacritted especially by bosses and to get to the def cap (440) you must take some warrior like pieces which, ofc, exclude int and spirit.

stockade pauldrens are best pre-raid def shoulder right? A warrior item correct? (in case lore wise, they are from the orc warrior). Don't.. they.. have.. spirit? lets check...
Stockade Pauldrons
Binds when equipped
Shoulder Plate
472 Armor
+20 Stamina
+10 Spirit
Durability 100 / 100

Requires Level 50
Equip: Increased Defense +10.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:20 pm

spirit is actually useful for prot paladin (and for retri) because we get mana regen from this .

Stockade Pauldron is much more worthy for Paladins than Warriors .

Health regeneration is suspended when you are in Combat , but Mana regeneration is suspended only when you cast .

Mana regeneration still occur from spirit while in combat , this for many cases is useful for Tank Paladin because we don't cast while tanking 98% of the time.

4 spirit = 1 mp5 (or more/close to)
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:36 pm

As a tank you consecrate every 8 seconds, correct? Even a low rank.

That means you only get mana regen from spirit for 3 seconds because mana regen from spirit is disabled for 5 seconds after casting. Spirit ticks once every 2 seconds, so you only get 1 tick of mana from spirit. This is assuming you are only consecrating, which is unlikely. For Paladins, we regen 15 + (Spirit / 5) mana per tick. So 1 Spirit is equal to 0.2 mana every 8 seconds if you are only consecrating. Which you aren't. You're sealing and judging as well, maybe throwing a BoP or a heal.

Spirit is completely useless to a Paladin outside of leveling. For all specs. Holy Prot and Ret all will be casting enough spells to always be within the 5s cast rule, and we don't have a mana regen from spirit while casting talent like Priests, Druids, and Mages do.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:14 pm

DrearyYew wrote:As a tank you consecrate every 8 seconds, correct? Even a low rank.

That means you only get mana regen from spirit for 3 seconds because mana regen from spirit is disabled for 5 seconds after casting. Spirit ticks once every 2 seconds, so you only get 1 tick of mana from spirit. This is assuming you are only consecrating, which is unlikely. For Paladins, we regen 15 + (Spirit / 5) mana per tick. So 1 Spirit is equal to 0.2 mana every 8 seconds if you are only consecrating. Which you aren't. You're sealing and judging as well, maybe throwing a BoP or a heal.

Spirit is completely useless to a Paladin outside of leveling. For all specs. Holy Prot and Ret all will be casting enough spells to always be within the 5s cast rule, and we don't have a mana regen from spirit while casting talent like Priests, Druids, and Mages do.

People that play good Prot Paladin will never ever spam useless neither low rank will ever use.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I'm pretty convinced you're just a troll at this point

Well played, you actually had me convinced you were retarded
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:46 pm

DrearyYew wrote:I'm pretty convinced you're just a troll at this point

Well played, you actually had me convinced you were retarded

:D couldn't laugh more .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

Enjoy.

And yeah , take a look to boss .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Seriously...
anyone, and I mean anyone... who says, spirit is useful for a paladin... should be unfriended, treated as a "foe" on this website so we don't have to see anymore posts, because they do NOT know what they are talking about.. I don't even care what they have to say how it "could be useful" Bullcrap, it's pointless and a wasted stat, if you think otherwise, please reply so I can add you to my ignore list.
  • If you think its useful for Holy paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for Protection paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for Ret paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for priest, please reply (so I can applaud you)

WE DO NOT USE SPIRIT!

PS - if you think i am trolling you, please reply (you know why)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:56 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:Seriously...
anyone, and I mean anyone... who says, spirit is useful for a paladin... should be unfriended, treated as a "foe" on this website so we don't have to see anymore posts, because they do NOT know what they are talking about.. I don't even care what they have to say how it "could be useful" Bullcrap, it's pointless and a wasted stat, if you think otherwise, please reply so I can add you to my ignore list.
  • If you think its useful for Holy paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for Protection paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for Ret paladin, please reply (so I can ignore you)
  • If you think its useful for priest, please reply (so I can applaud you)

WE DO NOT USE SPIRIT!

PS - if you think i am trolling you, please reply (you know why)

Man ... we should blame blizzard for giving us useless spirit on our t2,t2.5 sets ...... They suck.
Please ignore Blizzard man . Freaking noobs, they are so clueless about Paladins such fail Blizzard.

Why the heck t2,t2.5 have Spirit man.. ... Yeah especially Stockade Pauldron .... why the hell so much spirit there.... Blizzard suck .

I got lovely song lyrics for this event .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksfnZaZ0A4

You can do anything you set your mind to, man
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by apocalypsa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:<snip>

"Blizzard did it" does not necessarily mean it's a good idea, especially when considering paladins. In vanilla.

Spirit is trash.
apocalypsa
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin