leveling

leveling

by Amkô » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:10 am

Hi guys,

how to level a paladin? Whats the best option?

I thought of spending the first 8 points into prot tree for the 3%hit, then going into retri tree or 11 points into heal tree because of consecration?

Or should I rush for seal of command? Is this seal even much better then righteous?
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: leveling

by Kasen » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:13 am

Depends on your playstyle.

While leveling as a prot killing mobs won't be fast but saves money since you can Start a fight against a single mob of your level having 70% HP and mana and end it having 100% HP and 80% mana or so. In Addition you are an awesome tank for 5 mans, but PvP is a pain in the ass. (But keep in mind that you can't tank without consecration at all + it will take a while (lvl 26 to be exact) till your tanking will bloom)

Ret makes quicker kills but prepare to spend some time eating/drinking. It's fine for PvP and okay for Dungeon DPS.

Talent-wise, Consecration is the 1st thing I'd go for. Seal of Command is good for slow 2h weapons, Seal of the Crusader - Fast 2h's. And the Seal of Righteousness is mainly 1h tanking spell along with Seal of Wisdom.
P.S. Pally is very versatile, ret with consecration + 1h and shield can tank decently, and a prot with slow 2h and reckoning talent is capable of oneshotting hordies.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:10 am

go 11 for consecration then next thing is choice of what spec you will be .

depend on what you will go so it's all about choice.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by stif » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:45 am

no mather what spec you use go consecration first
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheFishyOne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:05 am

For fastest leveling, get Consc @ 20, then put your points in Ret. You can change your role at any time by swapping gearsets, and this alone will make you viable at anything regardless of Spec until around BRD, or possibly LBRS.

That said, you are possibly the most versatile DPS in the game; if you focus on blowing shit up at the expense of doing things like Cleansing, Aura management, HoJing (at the right time only, please!), and helping the Healer when he clearly needs it, you're doing it wrong. You're a Retadin, so don't be a Retardin; my guild's Ret Pally plays with EXACLY this mindset, it drives me nucking futz.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stif » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:45 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:For fastest leveling, get Consc @ 20, then put your points in Ret. You can change your role at any time by swapping gearsets, and this alone will make you viable at anything regardless of Spec until around BRD, or possibly LBRS.

healing and dpsing yes i will agree but is it realy viable to tank same level instances without prot talants?
\
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheFishyOne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Absolutely. You will want 5/5 Redoubt if you find yourself Tanking often, but any Pally can get as far as BRD without them. Just make sure your group knows ahead of time.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stif » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:49 pm

will need to try this
maby this way i can level a bit faster :D
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kikeron » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 pm

stif wrote:no mather what spec you use go consecration first

Can you elaborate on that? I saw a detailed post in these forums (sorry do not have the exact link) from a guy on how to level as retri and suggested full retri talents from start + engineering.

Edit: Found the link https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... ng#p163543
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:18 am

Kikeron wrote:
stif wrote:no mather what spec you use go consecration first

Can you elaborate on that? I saw a detailed post in these forums (sorry do not have the exact link) from a guy on how to level as retri and suggested full retri talents from start + engineering.

Edit: Found the link https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... ng#p163543

damn it duki, delete the ancient guide already, teaching people the wrong route!
just make your own leveling guide! (I promise I wont get this one closed).
You've come along ways and that guide from "caveman makes fire!" days are over. just make a leveling guide!

Kikeron, No matter what guides tell you, First 11 points go into 11 for holy to get Consecration (aoe) you need it for tanking, for ret dps, and if your healing your already holy!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Paladin