Newb Questions

Re: Newb Questions

by DrearyYew » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Remeber that speccing into Reckoning limits you to 1/5 Holy Power, which is an amazing talent for a Paladin. Holy Shock isn't core for PvE, but Holy Power definitely is.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by killa162 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 pm

DrearyYew wrote:Remeber that speccing into Reckoning limits you to 1/5 Holy Power, which is an amazing talent for a Paladin. Holy Shock isn't core for PvE, but Holy Power definitely is.

Well if you were to spec into Reckoning then why would you need ATLEAST 1/5 Holy Power? If you're going Reckoning, isn't that like the basic spec for being a "ret" paladin basically. It says with holy skills, so holy power seems like something you'd take if you were just healing or going shockadin.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 pm

I was under the impression you were looking to PvP and PvE with the same spec. If you're willing to pay exorbitant respec costs, then sure, rockbomb in PvP and healadin in PvE.
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kasen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:41 am

DrearyYew wrote:Remeber that speccing into Reckoning limits you to 1/5 Holy Power, which is an amazing talent for a Paladin. Holy Shock isn't core for PvE, but Holy Power definitely is.

Holy Power is not as crucial as you might think of it. Get some + Crit gear like Robes of Volatile Power and you'll be just fine. And as I mentioned before, Blessing of the Sanctuary >> +1% Crit chance.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 am

Kasen wrote:

Holy Power is not as crucial as you might think of it. Get some + Crit gear like Robes of Volatile Power and you'll be just fine. And as I mentioned before, Blessing of the Sanctuary >> +1% Crit chance.

And you only need 1 Paladin per raid to have Sanctuary. You can still have both Sanctuary and 5/5 Holy Power. https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/palad ... 0000000000
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by killa162 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:04 am

Well What I was looking for was to see whats good with the Din. I'd prob play Holy for a long while, and if I dont like pve healing then I'd just heal pvp and progress into reck/shockadin.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Paladin