Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

Re: Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:08 am

ihealwarrior wrote: you dont need holy shield, or sanctuary or even force reactive disk,

In your opinion, should one of the paladin in a raid have sanctuary over holy shock for damage mitigation and threat? Or should each have Holy Shock?
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:37 am

ChipTheMonk wrote:
ihealwarrior wrote: you dont need holy shield, or sanctuary or even force reactive disk,

In your opinion, should one of the paladin in a raid have sanctuary over holy shock for damage mitigation and threat? Or should each have Holy Shock?

don't bother with him , he say nothing than any anti ret/prot propaganda.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:42 am

I'm not worried about anti prot speech, just if he thinks it would be valuable to a raid environment, which was one of the original points to this thread.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 pm

I am surrounded by idiots. How in holy fuck can you NOT choose reckoning over everything else. Its like you are skipping the windfury talent. People think its unraidable so they dont spec it. You can do 4 times the damage as a reckadin then a ret can in pve if you are smart. I put alot of minor and main pro tips. All of the pvp tactics give you a 100% chance to win if you have the recommended gear.
If your damage isnt high, you will lose.

First: Stop assuming you are going to get hit by elites. That is called the lazy pally excuse. If I had to hold those non elite npcs the entire raid out of combat without a single heal I could do it piss easy. When combat happens and Im spam sitting and taking a measley 400 every 1.5 seconds, Im sure a priest could put 1 renew on me for a longtime while healing a tank 50 times the damage my paladin is taking.

Why is prot spec reckoning holy shield god spec and is better than ret for both pve and pvp while holy shock is nothing more then a 2 min burst spec. You cant maintain good damage as shock anyway and need to wait a whole 30 seconds before you can hit something. The reason everyone is good in holy is because they assume its good when they use a 1 hand and a shield when I can get 95% block in reck spec with a shield.
They only are better healers, its all thanks to illumination BUT youd need a crap load of spell crit to really make a difference. They only think they are better because they think holy is a spell damage spec intended to overpower a low crit ret/reck spec when its infact more dangerous to be reckspec with a holyspell damage sor spec or an soc 45% melee crit spec.

1. Dark rune and Goblin sapper charge scale with spell crit chance. Reck Paladin has a 70% chance from gaining 1 reckoning using them both with a 41% spell crit chance in bis epic/rare gear with 482 intellect. After you clicked the button to get the crits you simply change from spell crit gear to sor spell damage or soc melee crit.

Protip: As a reckpaladin. Dont look at iron grenade and magic dust as consumables. Its a 1 min cd and they are cheap. Look at them as ranged stun spells needed. Because they allow you to range stun every 1 min.

2. It is no mystery that reckonings weakness is fighting against healers so either get hit from the players the healer is healing or stun burst them or if they used insignia use your own rune and sapper for a bomb to 1 shot the healer.

The funny part is any bis or near bis mage or warlock will have close to 40% spell crit buffed and 50 with songflower and rallying. Assuming 50 intellect is 1% crit while 29.5 is for a paladin . So much for the myth of mages and warlocks arent going to give you reckoning... The chance is they can have just as much spell crit as your paladins melee crit. So the problem is not getting reckoning, the problem is each crir will hit hard so the key is resistance with reckoning spec.

You think resistance is for pussies? Well F** you. 300 resistance is equivalent to 1250 resilience at level 60. Thats right... Theres no way in hell am I Missing out on that. The key is to have resilience without sacrificing too much melee crit chance or spell damage. I refuse to use a spell damage absorb consumable. I would rather use gear stats.
Petrified scarab is extremely overpowered. Any warlock just using affliction is going to lose, resis> fear andc leanse>lifedrain. With high resistance you should be able to resist magic dust since its shadow. It could be resisted by the warlocks pet. But besides all of that they cant insignia a stun. The key is to preventing the felhunter removing the stun. If you have decent damage and skill but lose against a mage or warlock its because you lack resistance. You cant expect to win tanking 2k crits. Turn them into 200 crits. He cant resist holy damage. HE IS REKT

3. I have made the video of a paladin on kronos ptr using reckoning to reach a whopping 2.5k dps in bwl as proof with soc at 45% melee crit and without exorcism or consecration which can be used in raids with potions and mind you spell damage scaling gear is bugged on kronos and gives 0 so you can imagine it would be much much more with shadow oils lifestealing procs venomhide all ticking 300+ and used a mob who hits 100 as the non elite 40 man mobs that are located in bwl ony mc naxx and aq40. For example. You should know the whelps in bwl/ony, scarabs and scorpions in aq40, grubs in naxx, imps in mc

To prove that reck is pve and reaching 3k dps is possible. I take 100 damage every 1.5 seconds as I am hit by 2 non elites. This means I have 3 swings per 1.5 seconds. This means I easily gain a full bomb on every 2 hand swing equalling a 8k damage from 5 hits/crits in 3 seconds. A healer doesnt need to heal me until every 5th minute. Since i have high block when Im not attacking. Nost also is bugged since I remember a player sitting should remain sitting even when hit just like in my valkyrie test video. Uploading them soon.

4. Holy shield, blesing of sanctuary, force reactive disk, redoubt and the block trinket give you 80% block alone. Max possible with 300 spell damage is 95%. They all should scale with spell damage and 1 block is the equivalent of nearly 1000 damage. Trinkets like these keep their buff without reducing at all since they are unequipped from preusing it and removing it before combat. If I had kept it on they would of lessened and weakened.

I would take reck over a 30 second 500 damage spell anyday. Heck I would take reckoning over Crusader strike anyday! Tbc pala gets cs rogue gets immune to hoj with insignia and shadowstep, mage and locks get an extra 3 second stun for an extra 1500 damage. They gain more then your cs does in tbc plus being able to have a 70% chance from sapper charge and dark rune crits to gain a reckoning bomb every 2 minutes is like having a 70% windfury chance. Two 41% chance spells work out to be equivalent to almost one 70% proc chance. Three 41% proc spells are equivalent to literally a 90% proc chance.

5. I can have a horde send 3 pets on me, Especially that 10 min yeti. Imagine having a horde you are multiboxing ontop of the tunnel roof to send 3 pets on your paladin for 3 bombs at once. Then having 300 fire and frost and shadow and 230 arcane,nature etc resis by abusing the 42 trigger spell which you can remove
Certain 42 buff trinkets items and keep the 113 resist buff.
Wilds, shadow protection priest and 50 resist potion plus juju resists. Or auras plus basilisk resis when you engage a caster. Didnt even put a single resist item besides blazefury medallion and t2 and Im doing 1k judgements.

Curse of recklessness horde lock or 300 shadow resist vs fear.

Pet hitting you removing cc or use restorative potion or blessing of sacrifice

Judgement of command as you know is affected by melee crit if you choose to go crit reck.

Demon forged breastplate scaling with spell damage , heals you without you healing or use combat potions

The imp hoj is not a waste and using it with the r14 bonus against an undead priest who can remove magic dust is a good idea. It can make you stun again to finish off the priest in a 6k stun burst without having to wait an extra 15 seconds dueling. In pvp I would however use sapper or dark rune to 1 shot him. Duelwise: 35 sec hoj cd + 5 sec priest nuke + 12 sec bubble heal = priest is going to get stunned again in 8 seconds after he just used insignia.

Rogue being the easiest is just a matter of, insignia stun reckbomb or bubble sapper charge stun reckbomb.

Hunters are easy when they get more melee crit. Even if they dont send their pet on you, you will get a bomb charge and the key is the moment you get it after stalling with iron grenade to heal etc, stun them, they 5min insignia, you use magic dust ans reckbomb. 0% lose chance. Even with 1 charge your bis gear will 1 shot. By bis I mean either 45-50% crit 700 hits on cloth soc or 400 dmg t2 shadow oil lifestealing etc.

Fighting mages is simply forcing them to pop their iceblock by using a combination of both your stun and magic dust and 10 min net or 10 min mortar. If they arent undead congrats youve crushed a frostmage assuming you have 1 x bomb because they dont have will of the forsaken to remove your magic dust. You dont need 2 or 3 or 4 to 1 shot a cloth. 2 for a rogue. 3 for a paladin. 4 for a t3 warr or druid in bis. If you dont have bis then the numbers change. If he is an undead, to bypass his 10 min cd iceblock. Use both a mortar or net or use invisibility potion to 1 shot him. He will be forced to use it the next turn. When you have your stun. Its over. Your 10 min cd = His 10 min iceblock

If poly is messing you up, use either restorative potion or use skull of impending doom or zin malor. With the high arcane resist it is likely if he polies you 6 times one of them will easily be resisted. Use skull first to force his first iceblock and then Zin can be used to break the second or first one and the be removed at will, the mage has to act fast or he will iceblock quickly from reck. You still havent used your bubble. If the mage stalls in iceblock you can put zin again so you save a ton of mana and break another poly while the mages spell damage is resisted. The reason you hit his iceblock and fail is because you have to stun him and wait a few seconds right in his face and then auto targetting so he cant react. There is always a 1 % chance he could press it at the exact time as you out of the 6-6.5 whole seconds.

Insignia can break a second. Skull can break a third . Zin can break two leading to 5 polies broken and then 6 with bubble.

Venomhide or smolderwebs trinket removes bandage.

Ideal 1 hand would be misplaced servo arm if it scales or a weapon like ebon hand.

Your own free action potion removing stuns for 30 seconds while you kill 7 players because youre getting almost a full stack of reckoning from 1 sit. And they hit for 250 and crit for 500 from their 2k frostbolt crit(75% resisted) and 90% holy shield blocking all melee.

Stygian buckler and frost oil stop melee kiting and warriors from recharging.

Blessing of freedom spam macro 24/7 to prevent nova counterspells, or hunter dazes, slows

Discombobulator ray or iron grenade, linkens boomerang or shard of the fallen star, frost oil, prevent ranged kiting. Admittingly ranged kiting is a paladins biggest weakness. This is why free action potion and discombobulator ray or iron grenade are a paladins 60 second stun. You can also dismount mounted players with discombobulator ray.

However the hardest kiting comes from an r10/r14 feral druid using insignia. They can remove curses that slow and shapeshift to remove other slows. So I use magic dust on druid to wait 30 seconds for my second burst 1 shot stun or magic dust them, sapper/rune my bomb and hit them in the back. Even if an undead priest used insigina he still cant dodge a sapper charge dark rune bomb. 1 charge on cloth can give you a 5k 1 shot in bis gear.

Defeating a ret/holy paladin is piss easy. All you need is an insignia Only if they have it and a magic dust. Spam sit and get crit 3 times. Use high block gear or just 2 hand spam sit and heal. Then use your stun and they will insignia to remove the stun to stun you. Then use your insignia and use magic dust on them. They use bubble and they use their repentance etc use your bubble and heal. Use goblin helm or your tidal charm or goblin mortar in the first or second duel of his bubble so that way you have either helm/trinket vs his next bubble. You should eb able ro resist their mortar or tidal charm with high resist. As you can see resist is also stun immunity.

They cant magic dust you if you have high shadow resist anyway

Stopping all purges with copper costing no gcd rank 1 scroll rank 1 potions, class spells etc that can be used at the same time and noggenfogger all in one button creating 6 buffs.

Detecting stealth by cats eye goggles and cats eye elixir just enough for you to use a macroed insta cast crystal charge or consecration right before the rogue is actually able to sap cheap shot. This means all they can do is kidney stun you for 1 second.

6. Zin malor trinket for immunity to cc when using reckbomb, it can be reduced by ressurection sickness. Think of it as an extra insignia of the alliance. Only alliance can get this item. The drain and damage can be halted and stalled for 6 seconds with invulnerability potion. Bubble can remove it. Or you can unclick the buff. Or you can use skull of impending doom but it isnt permanent like the other trinket.

7. Invisibility cape from darkshore quest and abandon it to cloak you for 5 mins for reckoning bomb + invisibility potion 10 min cd reckoning bomb + invis cloak bomb. Thats what makes it scary like itachi's sharingan.
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Holy shock vs sanctuary. Not ret vs reck. Thanks for contributing though!
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Holy shock vs sanctuary. Not ret vs reck. Thanks for contributing though!

I wrote why holy is bad too. But decided if im going to write why holy shock is bad I might write how everything else is bad in comparison as well as how overpowered reck is and how easy it is to beat anything. Btw Thanks for the thanks.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:16 pm

shamwow wrote:
ChipTheMonk wrote:I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Holy shock vs sanctuary. Not ret vs reck. Thanks for contributing though!

I wrote why holy is bad too. But decided if im going to write why holy shock is bad I might write how everything else is bad in comparison as well as how overpowered reck is and how easy it is to beat anything. Btw Thanks for the thanks.

but see that's not whats on topic so its going to get removed cuz its off topic. If you want to write a guide for reckadins please do so, but not in other peoples threads.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shamwow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
shamwow wrote:

but see that's not whats on topic so its going to get removed cuz its off topic. If you want to write a guide for reckadins please do so, but not in other peoples threads.

It wasn't a guide. It was a comparison of why holy shock isn't better than prot spec.
Also, this isn't your thread.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:15 pm

shamwow wrote:It wasn't a guide. It was a comparison of why holy shock isn't better than prot spec.

You said holy shock around 0 times in your novel of a post.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:
shamwow wrote:It wasn't a guide. It was a comparison of why holy shock isn't better than prot spec.

You said holy shock around 0 times in your novel of a post.

I prefer to mention it twice than 100 times.
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin