Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

Re: Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Do you have any videos of you carrying mobs with you for entire raids? Or something on raidstats or realmplayers?
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:06 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:Do you have any videos of you carrying mobs with you for entire raids? Or something on raidstats or realmplayers?

Of course I do but only the example of it. If I post the video youd see that its easy to do and possible to maintain with the flaming imps I used and commands like .level 1 .level -1 to keep my hp up. I even have a video of a healer using minimal heals in mc and aq40.

In 2 minutes my paladin would of only had taken 32,000 damage if I were to get crit straight sitting from 4 mobs or 8,000 from one mob. That would be 4000 to 16000 every 2 mins standing and much less with the block I have if wasnt forcing them to crit me with spam sits in boss combat.

There is the absolutely one and only reason why I have chosen not to put it yet. The valkyrie and kronos servers I have attempted doing it on are bugged that spell damage isnt working with most items and even tier 2. Until I find a proper test server that mimics nostalrius and if only nostalrius had an add item test server I will post it. If you clearly think Im stupid enough to post it and have people state how my dps is no where near 3 or 7k while they ignore the fact spell damage isnt working then youd think otherwise.

I simply want to do it at my best.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:04 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:Do you have any videos of you carrying mobs with you for entire raids? Or something on raidstats or realmplayers?

The ironic part is, with just one FoL, darkmoon heroism, 1 healing potion, 1 x crystal restore, burrowers shield, truesilver breastplate, and another paladins judgement of light every 2 minutes you can nearly maintain 4 mobs by yourself WITHOUT a healer. Even if you take a dps sacrifice its worth it if you have no one to heal you. An additional 10k healing over 2 minutes is required for the 4th so maybe judgement of light wont be enough.
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:13 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a video of this.

The healers in these groups had no issues with staying in combat for hours at a time?

Have you attempted to do anything on Nost? With say, Rank 10 gear? That gear has strength and spell power in working order.

The PTR is updated with spell power here on Nostalrius by the way. You might be able to try something there.

Also DPS anywhere near 7000, let alone 3000 is impossible on this server as far as I can tell. So far the highest DPS listed on realmplayers is 2000, on Lucifron. (Realmplayers: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... t=29230658) I can't see spell power bugs causing an increase of over 5000 damage per second.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:26 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a video of this.

The healers in these groups had no issues with staying in combat for hours at a time?

Have you attempted to do anything on Nost? With say, Rank 10 gear? That gear has strength and spell power in working order.

The PTR is updated with spell power here on Nostalrius by the way. You might be able to try something there.

Also DPS anywhere near 7000, let alone 3000 is impossible on this server as far as I can tell. So far the highest DPS listed on realmplayers is 2000, on Lucifron. (Realmplayers: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... t=29230658) I can't see spell power bugs causing an increase of over 5000 damage per second.

It seems kronos ptr has decided to remove rank requirement on rank gear however unlike the previous valkyrie test servers spell damage isnt working.

Nostalrius ptr has no .add feature. I cannot do it here until they add commands.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Alright. When you can show some support of these points please bring it to post on the forums, either as a new post, or in this thread. I truly believe would be interesting to see.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:37 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:Alright. When you can show some support of these points please bring it to post on the forums, either as a new post, or in this thread. I truly believe would be interesting to see.

Very soon.

But because of the lack of items working for spell damage Ill send another video of the melee crit seal of command paladin instead. That paladin should do exactly 2.5k dps. This number would be much higher on bosses like lucifron.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a video of this.

I have seen a lifestealing if I recall hitting for 400 and a shadow oil as well. If this damage was recently changed then my forseen dps would be wrong however Im sure with this gear its possible.

You have to take into consideration that venomhide venom is going to tick 300 every interval or 100 per second with a 1.5 speeder after its stacked. Shadow oil has a 15% chance to proc and I usually get 2 lifesteals off my 5 hit reckoning bomb. Meaning 400 x3 from a bomb plus 400 from the wyrmthalak trinket which should have a high proc. If im lucky I should get darkmoons 500 damage proc per second bomb so 250 damage every 1.5 seconds as well from 5 hits. I wont be using tier 2 for this but instead maximum spell damage gear with fiery plate gauntlets and blazefury medallion giving almost 100 per hit x 5 so thats 1000 every 1.5 seconds. The 1 hand Ill be using is that fast since the mobs attack speed was recorded at that.

Now include the debuffs. 15% from nightfall, warlock curses, mage fire vulnerability, darkmoon, songflower and intellect buffs, spell damage buffs, or a 30% judgement crit chance. Judgement of sor should hit alot and 30% of the time judgement should crit for 1000+

I will have intellect to increase my mana pool so I can spam consecration. With 8k mana and a flask of supreme power it helps. Consecration should add 200 dps with enormous spell damage. I also recall watching a video of a person using the echoes of lordaeron in the naxxrammas raid for an extra 5% extra damage.

There is one mistake I have made. Vengeance is only 3% in reck spec and you cannot use it with consecration.

Therefore the damage should be around the 6k mark.

Sor should hit 300+ ×5 plus my swing should be around 200×5

So you have to take all of that damage into consideration every 1.5 seconds.

And all of that isnt including if the proc from shadow oil or my trinkets that scale with spell crit are critting. If they are then the damage should increase beyond 6k. The only downside is because you want to use a fast 1 hand besides a slower 2 hand, you need to /sit to gain reckoning bombs at thesame speed of your weapon. So you would in theory have sitted 40 times a minute. My dps relies on its 15% proc chance etc but even 15% on every one of your 5 swings is effective.

So if I include those buffs in a 40 man on a boss and all of our melee using 2 hand nightfalls to boost the raids damage.

That means 560 from shadow oil and two lifestealing hits doing 1100 with 580 from heart of the wyrmthalak and on average 300 every swing (one 600 every 2 swings) from maelstrom. 130 dps from venomhide stacked and 2067 dps from 5 x seal and swings alone. 230 + 390 seal x 5 every 1.5 seconds from buffs. And judgement crits are 1150 every 8 seconds. 70 dps from exorcism and 270 x 5 every 1.5 seconds from blazefury medallion and fiery plate gauntlets.

Without my shadow oil or trinkets critting from 30%+ spell crit chance which would add more dps. I can also use another paladins sanctity aura or wisdom seal to keep my mana high while I use crusader.

I chose this over fiery retributer or thunderfury because of its weapon speed. Flurry axe is also good too only if it has a good proc chance on each 5 hits.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=23577

Or even better, if you lack the hit you can use the hit rating 1.6 speed swords and add 3% haste for 4% hit however your spell hit will be capped. The real issue with a spell damage paladin is lacking alot of melee hit chance.

As you can see this dps is very proc chance based but then again I am hitting 5 times every 1.5 seconds.
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:22 pm

so is this a holy Shock vs Blessing of Sanctuary Thread or about Reckoning theory idea where there is no raidstats to prove anything but hearsay?

Sure, we get it, it "sounds" like a great idea, but where are the raidstats on Nostalrius to prove its being done?

meanwhile back on topic... Did we come to a consensus?
I'm pretty sure that Holy Shock vs Blessing of Sanctuary comes down to preference.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:28 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:so is this a holy Shock vs Blessing of Sanctuary Thread or about Reckoning theory idea where there is no raidstats to prove anything but hearsay?

Sure, we get it, it "sounds" like a great idea, but where are the raidstats on Nostalrius to prove its being done?

meanwhile back on topic... Did we come to a consensus?
I'm pretty sure that Holy Shock vs Blessing of Sanctuary comes down to preference.

It doesn't matter what thread it is. I am answering his question.

Just because I havent shown the video yet doesnt mean it is hearsay. As long as raidstats can detect my dps on kronos or valkyrie ptr it isn't a "rumour" until you find the proof to prove me wrong.

If you want to get real, forum rules technically indicate that the question must be answered regardless of topic.

And last of all, this isn't your thread. Its Kaellrus's however it doesn't matter who it belongs to.
I was answering a question which led from the Holy shock vs Prot comparison.
So I technically have been on topic. That is the last time I repeat that.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin