Engineering; Worth it for Mages?

Engineering; Worth it for Mages?

by TheFishyOne » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:05 am

'ey guys.

Been having fun on my Pally, but once he hits 40 in a half hour or so, I wanted to try my hand here at my other Vanilla love: PvP Maging. Specifically, Gnomish Maging.

On live, my Gnomish Mage was an Engineer for flavor reasons, but I hardly ever used it in Vanilla, as it seems that Engineering simply enables a class to have on demand CC and damage, the two things Mages have in abundance. On my Pally (also an Engineer), grenades rule for pulling in PvE, but I simply can't hit a PvP target with them. Gnomish Engineering gives some nice toys (some of which are redundant) and I have no experience with Goblin Engineering.

My question to you guys is: Is Engineering worth it for a PvP Mage? If so, Gnome or Goblin? A any thanks in advance!
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Engineering; Worth it for Mages?

by Dreez » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Yes, totally worth it and the best profession for PvP (without doubt)
Hitting with grenades just needs some practice, you'll manage it after some time.

Items like:
http://db.valkyrie-wow.org/?item=10720 (10 second root)
help you a lot

In the end it doesn't really matter whether you chose gnomish or goblin engineering, you can use every item either way (just got to find a crafter).
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Engineering; Worth it for Mages?

by Kazarak » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm totally linking this thread in my Paladin and Engineering thread. Bombs for pulling as a Paladin? Oh hell yeah! And they can be the cheapest ones too!
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mage