Elemental Mage and some PvP advice

Elemental Mage and some PvP advice

by Dontmindme » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:52 pm

After 48 levels i got incredibly bored with Frost for leveling and even PvP so i changed to this spec

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#oZxx00bZVAG0obt

I aim to have a spec that is nice for both PvE and PvP and there is nothing like having almost all of the survivability of the frost tree and the blasting power of the fire.
I really like this spec even if it is inferior to deep frost.The amount of burst from fireball +fireblast in a shatter combo when ignite procs is so fun!

However i'm curious as to where to put points next.I'll definitly go for Blast Wave ,but i'll still have some points left at 60.

My question for this build are:

Impact.Can it proc from Ignite/fireball dot?Does it suffer from diminishing returns?

I also have a real problem with vanishing rogues.I tried to use Blizzard rank 1 and even with 2/2 Arctic reach i can rarely catch a vanishing rogue with the AoE.Is it worth speccing at least 1 point Imp Blizzard just to have a better chance to unstealth them?

Is it better to get Critical Mass or Permafrost?My bet is Permafrost,but still not completely sure.

And no i couldn't find that info on the Internet for constantly changing 10 years old game.I tried already or wouldn't be asking.

Any constructive answers are appreciated.
Dontmindme
Private
Private

Re: Elemental Mage and some PvP advice

by thiella » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:00 pm

First of all, search for "elemental spec mage vanilla" to any search engine and you will find a lot info.

As for your questions:
Impact works only from direct fire spells. I never saw something else
Imp Blizzard will slow down the rogue if you hit him. It will not help you to unstealth him. You have to hit him first so you can use lv 1 Blizzard, lv 1 Arcane Explosion and if you are human the Perception talent. Most and bad rogues will come to you at straight line...
There are many variations of elemental build. Most of them use both Critical Mass and Permafrost talents. Those that use only one of them they select Critical Mass and not Permafrost...

If you search right you will find many info...
thiella
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Elemental Mage and some PvP advice

by Dontmindme » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks.
Dontmindme
Private
Private

Return to Mage