pvp ranks messed up?

Re: pvp ranks messed up?

by Zyfire » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Youfie wrote:
sloasdaylight wrote:And I said that if he received any honor at all and he was more than 10% into rank 4 he should have maintained his rank because even if you PvP exactly 0 (i.e. don't log on) in a week, at rank 7 and below, you will only lose 10% of your progress through a particular rank every week.

Nope, the decay is 10% of your TOTAL Rank Points, not 10% of your current Rank ;).

Rank 4 is 10 000 RP. Rank 5 is 15 000 RP.
If you're 25% into Rank 4, this means you have 11 250 RP. Thus, your decay will be 11 250 x 10% = 1 125 RP.

If you are anywhere below +/- 22% of your Rank 4, the Decay alone will get you back to rank 3.
22,22% --> +/- 11 100 RP --> 1 110 Decay --> 9 990 RP after Decay --> Rank 3 @ +/- 99%

Again, I'm not telling the OP didn't have an issue with his rank, I'm just pointing out wrong understanding of the Honor System in my opinion :).

Decay is actually 20% of your total RP unless edited on this server. Otherwise a very correct post about how it works :P

Taken from the wiki:
"Note though, that there is a rank promotion limit, which is due to the fact that you simply cannot earn more than a certain amount total rank each week, plus your total rank decays by 20% each week"

Knight Zyfire - Lvl 60 Mage <Flashback>
Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Zyfire wrote:
Youfie wrote:
sloasdaylight wrote:And I said that if he received any honor at all and he was more than 10% into rank 4 he should have maintained his rank because even if you PvP exactly 0 (i.e. don't log on) in a week, at rank 7 and below, you will only lose 10% of your progress through a particular rank every week.

Nope, the decay is 10% of your TOTAL Rank Points, not 10% of your current Rank ;).

Rank 4 is 10 000 RP. Rank 5 is 15 000 RP.
If you're 25% into Rank 4, this means you have 11 250 RP. Thus, your decay will be 11 250 x 10% = 1 125 RP.

If you are anywhere below +/- 22% of your Rank 4, the Decay alone will get you back to rank 3.
22,22% --> +/- 11 100 RP --> 1 110 Decay --> 9 990 RP after Decay --> Rank 3 @ +/- 99%

Again, I'm not telling the OP didn't have an issue with his rank, I'm just pointing out wrong understanding of the Honor System in my opinion :).

Decay is actually 20% of your total RP unless edited on this server. Otherwise a very correct post about how it works :P

Taken from the wiki:
"Note though, that there is a rank promotion limit, which is due to the fact that you simply cannot earn more than a certain amount total rank each week, plus your total rank decays by 20% each week"

It's 10% only before R7 :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Zyfire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 am

Youfie wrote:It's 10% only before R7 :)

I don't see that anywhere? Could you point me towards your source?

Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Zyfire wrote:

How fast will you fall?
If you stop competing in PVP, your RP will fall by the Decay amount each week.
Players of Rank 7 or higher will lose 2500 RP or 1/2 of a Rank per week.
Players of Rank under 7 will lose 10% of their RP total each week.
Your RP total will approach 0 again, but you will not fall below Rank 1

http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_%28 ... ormulas%29

(near the bottom of the page)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Zyfire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Youfie wrote:
Zyfire wrote:

How fast will you fall?
If you stop competing in PVP, your RP will fall by the Decay amount each week.
Players of Rank 7 or higher will lose 2500 RP or 1/2 of a Rank per week.
Players of Rank under 7 will lose 10% of their RP total each week.
Your RP total will approach 0 again, but you will not fall below Rank 1

http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_%28 ... ormulas%29

(near the bottom of the page)

Weird, I wonder why they say different things about the same thing o.0

Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Okay, so now I have been leveling,and each time I dinged, after relogging I noticed my rank increased by around 20%!!

I literally got rank 4 just for leveling, seems the honor I earned doesn't go for nothing :)
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Zyfire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Simonich wrote:Okay, so now I have been leveling,and each time I dinged, after relogging I noticed my rank increased by around 20%!!

I literally got rank 4 just for leveling, seems the honor I earned doesn't go for nothing :)

I guess this is because you have enough RP to be rank 4 from before the fix, but when they fixed it your rank was reduced to 3 even though you had more RP, and now that you level high enough to be able to reach rank 4, you did.

Zyfire
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Player Vs Player