Re: how to kill a rogue

by sloasdaylight » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

Play a shadowpriest.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rotten » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Depends on your class of course but generally speaking u wanna apply a bleed/DOT immediately and take away their ability to re-open or reset the fight. gain distance if you are ranged and slowroll them. Most rogues will sprint away in my experience if you front load too much DMG immediately so be patient and pool your resource for timed burst in conjunction with some sort of CC/stun/etc.
rotten
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Harasser » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 pm

TaurenRogue wrote:The above are incorrect...
Rogue does not lose to any class with equal gear in a "normal duel" scenario...
So presuming ur not using pots and rogue isn't bad and there is no server lag for any of 2 and everything is blizzlike you die...
Except a ret dwarf with might of menethil... thats op

Hunter-mage-warr-pally > rogue
Rogue seems better because it really requires little to no skill to kill most of the players, but a really good warr or mage won't have many problems vs a good rogue. Pally is rogue anticlass and can rape him easily even whitout might of menethil. Can't be sure about hunter but trap abuse or deep survival spec should both work pretty well ;)
Harasser
Grunt
Grunt

by Calippo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 am

The above is totaly wasted.

ret dwarf with might of menethil......
kk.
ret is shit mostly, but ok.

Lemme get 60, get at least a few blue's.
and i'll go reckbomb and then we're going for a "normal duel".

Deal?
Calippo - Warlock
Calippo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Armauskugelbob » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 am

Soul Link Warlock with 6k life unbuffed and Void.
After that a rogue has to play really good to beat you ;)
Armauskugelbob
Tester

by riq and snog » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:10 pm

TaurenRogue wrote:The above are incorrect...
Rogue does not lose to any class with equal gear in a "normal duel" scenario...
So presuming ur not using pots and rogue isn't bad and there is no server lag for any of 2 and everything is blizzlike you die...
Except a ret dwarf with might of menethil... thats op

Lol

Pom pyro?
seduce nuke?
Net + tidal charm?
Disarm?
farie fire roots?
fd trap flare range nuke with cheeta aspect kite?
all without pots

yes rogues were a pain in vanilla but not unbeatable....

Ofc 10 sec stun blind sap rinse repeat prep blind sap rinse repeat kills u if u are a bob with 0 defenses but rogue can do this once every 10 min
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Simonich » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:55 pm

I play warrior, fighting rogues is enjoyable for me, here's what I do.

Rogue opens on me, I let him do his cc till he does kidney shot, that moment I pop PvP trinket and hamstring him, if he dodges, overpower and hamstring again. Overpower 50% crit spec is what makes us able to have chance vs rogue.

Basically, PvP trinket when kidney shotted+ hamstring, then rend, then bloodrage+mortal strike and each time you get dodged do overpower. Take distance from rogue after auto attacks, then attack when you can, depending on weapon speed, so you don't always take hits.

Don't forget to have battle shout.

If you spot a rogue stealthing do demoralizing shout in the area you predict they are.

In combat, if you can, hamstring and run away, then intercept him and whirlwind, but keep battle stance for hamstring.

Also not sure if worth, but you can disarm the rogue, also not sure if worth having demo shout on him
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Twist » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:38 pm

No you can't. Rogue gonna kill you or gonna flee, but you can't kill a rogue.

:lol:
<Genesis> Touiste
Twist
Grunt
Grunt

by ethguru » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Simonich wrote:I play warrior, fighting rogues is enjoyable for me, here's what I do.

Rogue opens on me, I let him do his cc till he does kidney shot, that moment I pop PvP trinket and hamstring him, if he dodges, overpower and hamstring again. Overpower 50% crit spec is what makes us able to have chance vs rogue.

Basically, PvP trinket when kidney shotted+ hamstring, then rend, then bloodrage+mortal strike and each time you get dodged do overpower. Take distance from rogue after auto attacks, then attack when you can, depending on weapon speed, so you don't always take hits.

If you spot a rogue stealthing do demoralizing shout in the area you predict they are.

In combat, if you can, hamstring and run away, then intercept him and whirlwind, but keep battle stance for hamstring.

Also not sure if worth, but you can disarm the rogue, also not sure if worth having demo shout on him

Trinket ks > get install blind > get restealth > sap depending on stance > cs with no auto attack + expose > get full stunlock > die.

Warriors are tough sometimes but not that hard, however you are unable to kill hunter as a rogue if you don't have frost reflector - unless huntard is backpedaling Pve heroe
ethguru
Tester

by ethguru » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Simonich wrote:I play warrior, fighting rogues is enjoyable for me, here's what I do.

yea, sure, use trinket -> get blind -> give rogue reset with sap(depending on ur current stance + cs without autoattack + improved EA) -> deminision on CS -> full stunlock -> cya around :D

It's possible to kill each class using any other class if you have gear + skill - trust me.

P.S. TBH, the only class which is REALLY painful is huntard, cause u can't kill him without frost reflector, unless he is backpedalling PVE hero.
ethguru
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player