No diminishing returns on fear

Re: No diminishing returns on fear

by Larsen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Fear also shouldn't routinely last 6+ seconds with full dots, pet and mobs on you. There's something very wrong with the break checks on this spell, it's insane how gamebreaking fear is on this server. The extent to which warlocks here can just perma-fear you through their damage and kill you inside one big blanket CC, or just fear you for 20 seconds and leave you alone, is broken and not remotely Blizzlike. CC worked like this when the game was launched but was fixed in like the first patch because it was completely ruinous to PvP balance.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Enof » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:54 am

ElemtalRZ wrote:This shit isn't working as intended, fear would get broken with 1 dot tick on someone. You can be damaging someone and have full dots on someone and have a full duration fear on them every time. This really classic? So broken

+ 1, you dont even get to live the 2nd fear. 1st time full duration + full dots, you're dead and gone. Please fix
Enof
Tester

by TaylorShift » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:05 pm

lastnoob wrote:I dont think its fine. I just dueled a warlock at ~lvl25 and got feared 6 times in 30 seconds. 2 times ~10 secs. He literally just spammed fear and I wasnt immune at any point.

BS.

Its all been working fine. And damage only has a CHANCE to interrupt fear, not a guarantee. Diminishing returns are also working. Just remember that 1 type of fear spell diminishing return doesnt stack with another. They are treated different. This was changed in... post TBC release. -Not A Lock
TaylorShift
Grunt
Grunt

by sly.odx » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Undead power
Exxylol
sly.odx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by auk » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:04 am

the way fear worked changed frequently throughout vanilla.

at some points it almost never broke no matter what damage was done. at other points it broke right away. at other points it rarely broke unless you had any amount of +spell power and then it broke right away. i remember some warlocks taking off spell pwoer gear for pvp in order to reduce fear breaks.

there's no right way to implement fear but from my own observations DRs do work. the confusing thing is that DR'd fears don't list as shorter duration on your debuff bar as they did in TBC+, every time you get feared it lists the full duration but it will break earlier.
auk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by draconid » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Fear working as intended. If you played in vanilla, you know that.
If you isnt like that, then reroll to a warrior or quit.
Vanilla WoW wasnt balanced. End of story.
draconid
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Player Vs Player