Spriest or Mage

Spriest or Mage

by Curtens » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Trying to decide which class I will be playing for PvP, I enjoy both frost mage and shadow priest. Just need some help deciding. :P
Curtens
Tester

Re: Spriest or Mage

by Calippo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:01 pm

If you just wanna win, play spriest.
If you wanna have way more entertaining gameplay, play mage.
Calippo - Warlock
Calippo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by azreal313 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Calippo wrote:If you just wanna win, play spriest.

Spamming frostbolt is much more interesting than playing an spriest.
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 pm

azreal313 wrote:

Spamming frostbolt is much more interesting than playing an spriest.

The OP was talking about PvP, not raids ;).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Calippo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:20 am

totaly funny sidenote, not!
You're a totally wasted baddie azreal313 :)

Mage is way more entertraining pvp-gameplay than Spriest.
And sure Youfie, Spriests are OP in pvp, they're mostly support-dmg in raids for warlocks, but since he is asking for pvp, i would say go with mage.
Calippo - Warlock
Calippo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sly.odx » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:43 pm

play sp
Exxylol
sly.odx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by matei92 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:33 am

I would tell shadow priest.Great survability,nice damage,op shields...and dispell!!! combined with engineering its crazy.
Mage:great burst damage,best cc in the game,slows,survability if frost,you can play diff spec and with engineering becomes an unstopable killing machine:) ...but in my opinion it becomes boring and there are so many mages..a lot of them...on every server there are tons of vurtne fans playing mage and listening to soilwork while pvping.
A good spriest isnt that guy that dot fear mind flay and win...no in a pvp situation the better sp is the one that leaves shadowform and heals/helps the group when needed,or stops dpsing and mana burn the healer or mind control it(yea you can use mind control as a very effective cc) or you can dispell both offensively or defensively.
In 1v1 both classes are good,now depends on who is ure enemy....although many would say frost is better cuz of ice block/cc/shatter etc.....i would say its not true both are good in 1v1 situations.
Mage is easy to play,hard to master....Spriest is challanging to play and hard to master.So in my opinion you will se more mage fails than spriest.:)
matei92
Tester

by Skandale » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 am

Could not have said it better my self. 56 SP now.

Priest is probably the slowest class to level, it's also expensive to play since we have to drink so often. And getting a proper wand upgrade after level 40-45 is difficult since Patch 1.4 didn't have the level 50 class quest nor the reward from the jinth'alor elite quests, both rewarding wand's in 1.12.1.

SP is op at 60 in pvp, when we get mp5 on our gear I would imagine we sustain a lot better.

The leveling is boring and slow, more so than other classes, it get's really tidious if you play a lot like me.

However if you wan't to win @ 60, SP is definitely more OP than mage, probably the strongest pvp class.
The survivability is really good.
Skandale
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Suigintou » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:17 am

Skandale wrote:Priest is probably the slowest class to level, it's also expensive to play since we have to drink so often. And getting a proper wand upgrade after level 40-45 is difficult since Patch 1.4 didn't have the level 50 class quest nor the reward from the jinth'alor elite quests, both rewarding wand's in 1.12.1.

If you stop to drink too often your itemization/mana efficiency is off. This is my first priest playthrough and ive never been over 5 hours in a level, at the 40-60 range im averaging about 3 1/2-4 hours per level. Ive sat to eat/drink while questing at least less than 60 times in the 40-60 range. I basically only drink after I die.

Sure the leveling is relatively slow, but if you maximize spirit tap to its full potential youll cut out a substaintal portion of time and money.

There is a wand drop in ST thats good enough for you to warrant going there a second time ro acquire it. Its risky though.

Leveling a mage might be more fun traditionally, but if you want to AoE grind, then its less fun.

Both classes are top tier, i played a mage on retail and i remember the pvp being fun because of the control mages have, whereas lack of control is an Spriests greatest weakness. Ultimately what you chose should come down to your playstyle. Ask yourself what you want out of the class you play, not what youll get out of playing a certain class.
Priest
Suigintou
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Player Vs Player