pvp BG premade healer

pvp BG premade healer

by flowison » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:09 am

hey guys!

i used the search function, but could not find that much.

i want to play a pvp / bg healer on the upcoming server, but cant remember how the situation was back in the retail days.
maybe you can give me some pros / cons about the different heal classes and we collect the infos, gear lists, specs, ...
at this time i am struggling about choosing between shaman and druid.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: pvp BG premade healer

by sgtnanners » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:27 am

Druid good run flags. Shaman good totems and poison cleanse. Priest king over all
sgtnanners
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vathdaar » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:06 am

neither of them shaman or druid are "healers". Shaman is used as elemental for pure intense damage and sometimes offheal, while druid is used as a hybrid for being tanky and fcing in WSG and barely heal/def flags in AB.

You d have more chances playing a priest in horde if you actually want to HEAL.

on alliance both paladins and priests heal.

Paladin>priest>shaman>druid as bg supports.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:16 pm

vathdaar wrote:neither of them shaman or druid are "healers". Shaman is used as elemental for pure intense damage and sometimes offheal, while druid is used as a hybrid for being tanky and fcing in WSG and barely heal/def flags in AB.

You d have more chances playing a priest in horde if you actually want to HEAL.

on alliance both paladins and priests heal.

Paladin>priest>shaman>druid as bg supports.

this sounds like there is no actual need for pvp healers, only "supporters".

how does a good premade lineup look like?

can you post a pala spec for pvp heal?

cheers and thx 4 your answeres
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vathdaar » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 pm

1-As i said, it really depends on many factors, paladins at the start (fresh server) wont have any plate + heal gear, so they pretty much play as support being a dispel bot, using blessings and throwing a heal here and there. Later in the game they get a lot of +heal gear/enchants, positioning them at the top of the "healing" chain since they can heal for a long time without going oom, and still do their support skills. At the start the only real HEALERS are pretty much priests, for horde this will be the case through all vanilla, while for ally it gets as i mentioned before.

2- Depending in what bg, AB or WSG, but generally in WSG you ll count in both sides with Druid,rogue for sure and then 3 healers (in alliance you can switch since paladins and priest both are good at it, while in horde its IMPERATIVE to have priests or you re going nowhere). Then the DPS lineup can go as you like, i personally take for WSG 2warrs 1 hunter 1mage and 1 shadowpriest/warlock. It really depends, at this point you ll be looking for GOOD players rather than a fixed setup tbh.

3-Same as before, you wont be using the same spec through all the game, at the start you ll lack heal/mana if you run in plate and armor/sta if you run in cloth gear to compensate the lack of heal. Something like this would be standard, http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuRgotVMu0Th
4.theorycrafting is never an exact science.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:06 pm

thank you very much.

mhm... i actually wanted druid/shamy to heal in pvp...
i will think about that
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:17 am

Ranking as a druid when you're one of the only active ranking druids is a lot of fun though.

My biggest problem with druid ranking, the better the team you queue with, the less that's actually required out of you. You spend a lot of your games just being a point runner.

I never recorded anything spectacular while playing on Nostalrius, but here's what my average match looked like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CViVb40uK-E
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrearyYew » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:22 am

There are never enough Paladins Alliance side, and Horde side seemed to lack Elemental Shaman for obvious reasons

Most Horde Prems I faced didn't use Healers. Not sure if that was by choice or a total lack of Heal Priests. Every Horde Priest I faced was Shadow. In general, it seemed like they didn't need dedicated Healers, though.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Healthycoww » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 am

Priests were hard to find at times, mages at others. But if you wanted to run a group with 5 warriors that could be arranged.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zusukie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:56 am

flowison wrote:hey guys!

i used the search function, but could not find that much.

i want to play a pvp / bg healer on the upcoming server, but cant remember how the situation was back in the retail days.
maybe you can give me some pros / cons about the different heal classes and we collect the infos, gear lists, specs, ...
at this time i am struggling about choosing between shaman and druid.

In premades the class which heals the most are priests , while shamans are offensive support , paladins are defensive support and druids are flag carriers.
If you want to heal in premades you should go for priest as first class choice and paladin as your second choice.(assuming your goal is to use healspells a lot)

Premade supporters ranked after offensiveness / defensiveness (interactions with enemy/friendly players) :
shaman -> priest -> druid -> paladin

Priests playstyle on alliance premades are generally more offensive than on the horde side since alliance priests have to take over the shamans role of offensive dispelling.

For good premade lineups I agree with Vathdar , that the skill level of the players is more important than their class but in general you can go just with 1 of each class and with atleast 2 healers (on horde 2 priests , since you should have 2 defensive dispellers) and then you take a second player of classes which are good to have 2 of. (for example 2 warriors or 2 mages)
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Player Vs Player