Hi I am thinking of ranking

Re: Hi I am thinking of ranking

by Bofadeez » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:05 am

Slicy wrote:10% left is (thistle)tea bagging undead clothies like Bofadeez

Slicy wrote:Play with ppl you enjoy playing with

No joke, this is the best piece of advice in this thread.
Bofadeez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 pm

dont do it
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MonroeX » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Slicy wrote:Play with ppl you enjoy playing with

Getting through 18h / day without ts banter would've been impossible for me. Slicy dropping the WIZDOM :)
MonroeX
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heglamore » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 am

I have retired from the US military.

I play a paladin. Over half of my WoW friends are old Vanilla Grand Marshals.. but I never got it.

Back then? I was a ret-nub with a Herald of Woe, and Judgement-mixed PvP; giving my freedom to warriors BoSac on enemy FF-target and cleansing CC off healers. This time I'm going full holy spec once I have everything I need -- due to experience with the game. I had the claymore from tokens spent once the patch came in.. played through Wrath.. but-- I'm not interested in the gear except as proof of the title.

I know full well the GM gear isn't BIS anything.

I have free disability income indefinitely, and.. I spent ten years in the military working a lot of 80+ hour work-weeks, living, sleeping and working in close quarters with people continuously yelling at me.

I want to be Grand Marshal and plan to make the dive because: I want to have earned the title so I can stand side by side with my friends who did in the past. It's a pride thing for me.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/posting.ph ... 46&t=44923 -- ignore the ret-stuff I'm wearing; I haven't respecced yet from leveling -- most of the healing gear I've picked up is on the right side; Chitinous legplates, Animated Necklace, some Peacekeeper stuff out of ZG, etc. I leveled up in about six days (and killed a Rank 12 Hunter; Smoofette when she tried to gank me, when I was level 55 and solo in Winterspring: https://www.twitch.tv/heglamore/v/53577435 ... video of her dying to mobs after she engaged me. )

Got my epic mount. Got exalted AV (ground it out solo in one AV week-end). I already have the 30-second immunity to fear trinket (From Mithril Brotherhood / Blacksmithing). Got some of the tankier pre-raid BIS items (Like Peacekeeper Gauntlets and Boots, Chit-leg-plates, etc)... picked up a red dragonscale breastplate (although I honestly have no idea if it's there or not.. otherwise it's in my guild-leaders bank and he'll just re-ship it to me; it was a gift from him).

Any advice before I take the respec plunge and start the grind? Necessary pieces of gear.. some other rep I should get? It's honestly been so long since the old days I keep working I'm missing something. And then sometimes worry I'm over-prepping.

I know things are a LOT more professional, and clean-cut ... what is right, and what is wrong, in specs, in team comps, etc than they used to be. So I want to do everything in my power to 'get-gud kid'.

I've even got a decent add-on set and custom UI going now with better unit-frames, and enemy unit-frames.. I think my mechanics are mostly good, but I'm wondering if I am over-preparing, or if I should just start doing BG's until someone worries I'm shoving in on their honor. I'm already on my PC about 20 hours per day just waiting for Nostalrius to re-open and looking at shit online. Some of my bros only reached about level 50 before Nost suddenly shut down~ so I'm just trying to figure out what to do in the meantime while they level once things kick back into gear on Saturday.

I approach this knowing fully the commitment required, and any paladin advice from people who have done this is helpful.

I was 75% of the way -to- Knight... so-- wasn't even cool enough to serve drinks in the cool-kids club when the Nost shut-down was announced. Don't know where it'll be when I get back. Been spending most of my time solo-farming in Dire Maul for gold... using sprint boots, nifty-stopwatch, my mount, and invis-pots to dodge the rank-campers with a good success ratio. They prefer chasing mages I think. :-P

I know < NOPE > is the top contenders a lot of times; and when I first came to the server, started talking to Funeral about her experience on the grind; and watching Monkeynews's twitch and youtube vids after the server went down.. but hadn't heard heads or tales since the shut-down for obvious reason; so I suppose.. I'm just trying to get a lay of the land-scape I'll be looking at when everyone hits the ground running.

I've never been able to find a "comprehensive guide on everything a Grand Marshal needs to know". lol. I think.. most people just.. do it.. and then sleep for 3 weeks.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 am

if you can play 16-18 hours a day for about 5-6 weeks and before that consistently putting in effort for 2-3 months you can do it.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jarek » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 pm

7 months.
Jarek
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by colezz2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Heglamore wrote:I have retired from the US military.

I play a paladin. Over half of my WoW friends are old Vanilla Grand Marshals.. but I never got it.

Back then? I was a ret-nub with a Herald of Woe, and Judgement-mixed PvP; giving my freedom to warriors BoSac on enemy FF-target and cleansing CC off healers. This time I'm going full holy spec once I have everything I need -- due to experience with the game. I had the claymore from tokens spent once the patch came in.. played through Wrath.. but-- I'm not interested in the gear except as proof of the title.

I know full well the GM gear isn't BIS anything.

I have free disability income indefinitely, and.. I spent ten years in the military working a lot of 80+ hour work-weeks, living, sleeping and working in close quarters with people continuously yelling at me.

I want to be Grand Marshal and plan to make the dive because: I want to have earned the title so I can stand side by side with my friends who did in the past. It's a pride thing for me.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/posting.ph ... 46&t=44923 -- ignore the ret-stuff I'm wearing; I haven't respecced yet from leveling -- most of the healing gear I've picked up is on the right side; Chitinous legplates, Animated Necklace, some Peacekeeper stuff out of ZG, etc. I leveled up in about six days (and killed a Rank 12 Hunter; Smoofette when she tried to gank me, when I was level 55 and solo in Winterspring: https://www.twitch.tv/heglamore/v/53577435 ... video of her dying to mobs after she engaged me. )

Got my epic mount. Got exalted AV (ground it out solo in one AV week-end). I already have the 30-second immunity to fear trinket (From Mithril Brotherhood / Blacksmithing). Got some of the tankier pre-raid BIS items (Like Peacekeeper Gauntlets and Boots, Chit-leg-plates, etc)... picked up a red dragonscale breastplate (although I honestly have no idea if it's there or not.. otherwise it's in my guild-leaders bank and he'll just re-ship it to me; it was a gift from him).

Any advice before I take the respec plunge and start the grind? Necessary pieces of gear.. some other rep I should get? It's honestly been so long since the old days I keep working I'm missing something. And then sometimes worry I'm over-prepping.

I know things are a LOT more professional, and clean-cut ... what is right, and what is wrong, in specs, in team comps, etc than they used to be. So I want to do everything in my power to 'get-gud kid'.

I've even got a decent add-on set and custom UI going now with better unit-frames, and enemy unit-frames.. I think my mechanics are mostly good, but I'm wondering if I am over-preparing, or if I should just start doing BG's until someone worries I'm shoving in on their honor. I'm already on my PC about 20 hours per day just waiting for Nostalrius to re-open and looking at shit online. Some of my bros only reached about level 50 before Nost suddenly shut down~ so I'm just trying to figure out what to do in the meantime while they level once things kick back into gear on Saturday.

I approach this knowing fully the commitment required, and any paladin advice from people who have done this is helpful.

I was 75% of the way -to- Knight... so-- wasn't even cool enough to serve drinks in the cool-kids club when the Nost shut-down was announced. Don't know where it'll be when I get back. Been spending most of my time solo-farming in Dire Maul for gold... using sprint boots, nifty-stopwatch, my mount, and invis-pots to dodge the rank-campers with a good success ratio. They prefer chasing mages I think. :-P

I know < NOPE > is the top contenders a lot of times; and when I first came to the server, started talking to Funeral about her experience on the grind; and watching Monkeynews's twitch and youtube vids after the server went down.. but hadn't heard heads or tales since the shut-down for obvious reason; so I suppose.. I'm just trying to get a lay of the land-scape I'll be looking at when everyone hits the ground running.

I've never been able to find a "comprehensive guide on everything a Grand Marshal needs to know". lol. I think.. most people just.. do it.. and then sleep for 3 weeks.

backpedal, clicking bubble, literally no binds

lol
colezz2
Grunt
Grunt

by Heglamore » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Pthbt! I got binds now. I got a Razor-Naga. :-P Dude-- I had been playing WoW again, after years away.. for like.. 5 days when I killed a Rank 12 Hunter at level 55 and 'back peddled'.

lol.

And I'll take a rematch on any day.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Skiplegday » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:14 pm

don't do it
Huntards rise
Skiplegday
Sergeant