pvp ranks messed up?

pvp ranks messed up?

by Simonich » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Basically, i earned 6.5k honor last week and I got standing 798 I had rank 4 and dropped to rank 3
And my friend here, Nile, has only gained 2.5k honor and got standing around 260, he was rank 5 and remained rank 5. I'm lvl 30 and he is lvl 40.

I also seen people having as highest rank Champion, or Warlord, or some other high rank when I inspect them, realm players.com also shows that!. Also their standing usually appears wrong..

What's going on?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: pvp ranks messed up?

by Khandz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:34 pm

There were more people at Rank 3/4 then at Rank 5 last week, it's all about the Standing, nothing else.

As for the latter it's probably just a display bug that will most likely get fixed, although shouldn't be a high priority right now as there are far more important stuff to fix.

Whats going on? Nothing?
Khandz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sethzer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:44 pm

visual bug. apparently mainly happens with non-60's.

My lv.14 alt with 400 honor apparently has standing 2 but only a little into r1, so its just a visual thing.
made ticket for last honor shuffle about it too but seems like it reoccured.
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sloasdaylight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Its not "all about standing" at low honor ranks. 6.5k honor should have been more than enough honor to keep him at rank 4.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:13 pm

sloasdaylight wrote:Its not "all about standing"

Yes, it is. Standing.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Arise » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:18 pm

They implemented the minimum lvl requirements for ranks last ranking update.

This means for rank 4 you now have to be at least lvl 33. For rank 5 at least lvl 38.

I was rank 5 and since I'm not lvl 33 yet I got demoted to rank 3. That's it.

(The weekly standings do seem to be bugged though.)
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sloasdaylight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Youfie wrote:

Yes, it is. Standing.

No, it is not. Honor decay.

Standing determines how fast you move up, but there is still a flat amount of honor required to offset the decay based on your rank. You can hit rank 14 alone, then get standing 2 or even 3 the week after, and so long as you still accumulated enough honor that week to offset your honor decay, or at least to not drop all the way through r14, you'll remain r14.

Going by the "It's all about rank" line of thought, you could theoretically have a r13 individual who got 1000 honor one week, and if nobody else on his/her faction PvP'd that week, they'd hit r14, or at least make progress through r13.

Edit 1: Here's the WoWWiki page on the pre 2.0 honor system, I've taken the liberty of jumping directly to the "How fast will you fall" section. If OP earned basically any honor this week, he should have maintained his rank unless he was less than 10% into r4.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)#How_fast_will_you_fall.3F

Edit 2: It's likely they implemented the appropriate level caps on ranks but my point still stands, it is not merely about where you rank on your faction at the end of each week that determines your rank at low honor ranks.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:10 pm

sloasdaylight wrote:
Youfie wrote:

Yes, it is. Standing.

No, it is not. Honor decay.

Standing determines how fast you move up, but there is still a flat amount of honor required to offset the decay based on your rank. You can hit rank 14 alone, then get standing 2 or even 3 the week after, and so long as you still accumulated enough honor that week to offset your honor decay, or at least to not drop all the way through r14, you'll remain r14.

Going by the "It's all about rank" line of thought, you could theoretically have a r13 individual who got 1000 honor one week, and if nobody else on his/her faction PvP'd that week, they'd hit r14, or at least make progress through r13.

Edit 1: Here's the WoWWiki page on the pre 2.0 honor system, I've taken the liberty of jumping directly to the "How fast will you fall" section. If OP earned basically any honor this week, he should have maintained his rank unless he was less than 10% into r4.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)#How_fast_will_you_fall.3F

Edit 2: It's likely they implemented the appropriate level caps on ranks but my point still stands, it is not merely about where you rank on your faction at the end of each week that determines your rank at low honor ranks.

You are right about the decay of course.
But you don't need a flat amount of honor to beat decay. Decay is a proportional (NOT flat) amount of Rank Points (NOT Honor). Which mean you can have 999999 Honor in a given week, if your Standing is crap, you can still lose rank. This is pure theory of course, but you get the idea.

So Decay isn't directly related to Standing indeed, but eh, it's 20% of your RP that is removed, and you gain RP through Standing, so you get the idea :).

EDIT : "If OP earned basically any honor this week, he should have maintained his rank" : it is nonsense : maybe OP should have kept his rank, maybe there is a bug, but making Honor doesn't guarantee you anything. Only your relative Standing among Ranked Players on your faction does.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by sloasdaylight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Youfie wrote:You are right about the decay of course.
But you don't need a flat amount of honor to beat decay. Decay is a proportional (NOT flat) amount of Rank Points (NOT Honor). Which mean you can have 999999 Honor in a given week, if your Standing is crap, you can still lose rank. This is pure theory of course, but you get the idea.

So Decay isn't directly related to Standing indeed, but eh, it's 20% of your RP that is removed, and you gain RP through Standing, so you get the idea :).

EDIT : "If OP earned basically any honor this week, he should have maintained his rank" : it is nonsense : maybe OP should have kept his rank, maybe there is a bug, but making Honor doesn't guarantee you anything. Only your relative Standing among Ranked Players on your faction does.

Yes, you need a certain amount of honor based on your rank and your standing to maintain your rank, I worded my reply poorly.

And I said that if he received any honor at all and he was more than 10% into rank 4 he should have maintained his rank because even if you PvP exactly 0 (i.e. don't log on) in a week, at rank 7 and below, you will only lose 10% of your progress through a particular rank every week.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:22 pm

sloasdaylight wrote:And I said that if he received any honor at all and he was more than 10% into rank 4 he should have maintained his rank because even if you PvP exactly 0 (i.e. don't log on) in a week, at rank 7 and below, you will only lose 10% of your progress through a particular rank every week.

Nope, the decay is 10% of your TOTAL Rank Points, not 10% of your current Rank ;).

Rank 4 is 10 000 RP. Rank 5 is 15 000 RP.
If you're 25% into Rank 4, this means you have 11 250 RP. Thus, your decay will be 11 250 x 10% = 1 125 RP.

If you are anywhere below +/- 22% of your Rank 4, the Decay alone will get you back to rank 3.
22,22% --> +/- 11 100 RP --> 1 110 Decay --> 9 990 RP after Decay --> Rank 3 @ +/- 99%

Again, I'm not telling the OP didn't have an issue with his rank, I'm just pointing out wrong understanding of the Honor System in my opinion :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Player Vs Player