Holy pala gear, how to start?

Holy pala gear, how to start?

by crimsonqueso » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello there!

I'm new to vanilla and I wanna focus on PvP, so I'd like to ask some things about holy pala pvp gear.
I mean, can anyone post some BiS item list for pvp(not grand marshal ofc, I mean a pre-pvpset bis)? I found some for PvE, but its clearly much different. How to get items? I'm not really into raiding, and I dont have time for that. And by that, I mean I will pvp when I play because thats what I enjoy, and dont have time for both. On the other hand grinding BG-s are not a problem at all, but I dont really know how vanilla works, can you get a decent starting set without being like rank10-11 plus?

I think you get what I mean, how should I start?
crimsonqueso
Tester

Re: Holy pala gear, how to start?

by Guirssane » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm

stam>int>mp5 stack them. You don't care much about +healing or +spell damage atm

you get neck/cloak/bracers at r3-4-5
r7 you get rare gloves + boots
r8 you get chest/ pants
r9 you get the battle standard
r10 helm + shoulder
etc etc...
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_rewards
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kayrn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 am

crimsonqueso wrote:Hello there!

I'm new to vanilla and I wanna focus on PvP, so I'd like to ask some things about holy pala pvp gear.
I mean, can anyone post some BiS item list for pvp(not grand marshal ofc, I mean a pre-pvpset bis)? I found some for PvE, but its clearly much different. How to get items? I'm not really into raiding, and I dont have time for that. And by that, I mean I will pvp when I play because thats what I enjoy, and dont have time for both. On the other hand grinding BG-s are not a problem at all, but I dont really know how vanilla works, can you get a decent starting set without being like rank10-11 plus?

Roll priest or druid, you'll not have any fun being locked out of holy light casts as a paladin by the 235246465455 horde mages and priests.
kayrn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guirssane » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

kayrn wrote:

Roll priest or druid, you'll not have any fun being locked out of holy light casts as a paladin by the 235246465455 horde mages and priests.

hi, fakecast, gg
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sly.odx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Pala will not be locked cause allies can oom dat mages with 57357366785 huntards
Exxylol
sly.odx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by lastnoob » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:07 am

kayrn wrote:

This sentence has so many flaws i dont even know where to begin. First, if you shouldn't be casting Holy Light most of the time. Especially in front of a mage. If you get locked out by that, you deserve it. Second, how do priests lock out holy school? Third, ever heard of fake cast(not sure that spellcasting delay works though like on CoreCraft)?
lastnoob
Grunt
Grunt

by Jackyy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:23 pm

I'd not recommend to play a pure paladin healer in PVP.

Paladins biggest use in PvP is their versatility.

put atleast 25 points into the prot tree for Reckoing and get gear with much stammina. (the paladin dungeon set for instance).

heal in pvp when required and when not help clubbing things to death, but heal should be first prio if not another heal is close.
The one true king is comming for them all!

my Starcraft 2 Profile
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/4103126/1/BaDitO/
Jackyy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 pm

assist sacri/Blessing of freedom/dispell/heal/bop
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kayrn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:09 am

lastnoob wrote:
kayrn wrote:

This sentence has so many flaws i dont even know where to begin. First, if you shouldn't be casting Holy Light most of the time. Especially in front of a mage. If you get locked out by that, you deserve it. Second, how do priests lock out holy school? Third, ever heard of fake cast(not sure that spellcasting delay works though like on CoreCraft)?

Are you 60 and a pally in BGs?

Fake casting sure, but the point is there is at least 5+ frost mages in every pug BG - if you run premades sure, with support it won't be an issue, but being locked out of healing is being locked out of healing, priests/druids at least have hots, and yes pally's should be more utility than straight healing but given that 70% or more of horde in BGs are UD mages, or warlocks throwing CoT or spriests... there's only so much a solo queue pally can do is my point.

Can it be done, sure, there are a few hpallies that Q and do OK, but for the most part they get shut down, even w/ everything Guir said. The issue is the mass amount of casters that Horde have. :|

EDIT :: If you still chose to roll a paladin: PLEASE L2Cleanse!! TY! :D
kayrn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Player Vs Player