Organizing arenas

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Organizing arenas

by Athena » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Good evening everyone!

Even though there are no official arenas in vanilla, what do you all think about an unofficial ladder?

I haven't figured everything out yet, but this is a draft:

- Arrange weekly arena tournaments in Gurubashi
- Charge an entrance fee to fund price-money
- Perhaps set up a website with team rankings based on each week's result
- Everyone in the crowd are responsible for defending against jerks who try to ruin it ^^
- Possibility to capture video footage and release "Best of" pvp videos
- Perhaps do 3s? As 5s sort of mimics battlegrounds and 2s is basically world pvp with a friend.

I thought this would be mostly for fun, but also a way for the best players to really test their abilities. Also a pretty cool feature being able to see the best players competing live.

As I said, just a draft. I could set up the website for handling this, depending on Nostalrius's view on community driven websites, see:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1162
Athena
Tester

Re: Organizing arenas

by Ike » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:31 pm

We did horde vs alliance 5v5s in some remote areas of the world back in the days. Was really fun once everybody adhered to the rules, but getting there was sometimes a little bit difficult (there was almost always that one guy).
So yeah, I would love to see something like this again!
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guirssane » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Could be fun ye !
Would definitely be in
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Momoh » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm

If you're ever keen on doing this type of thing, it has to be 3v3 for it to be _somewhat_ balanced as vanilla isn't too friendly on pvp balance, and also keeping it in the healer/caster/melee format.

just my 2 cents.
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Momoh wrote:If you're ever keen on doing this type of thing, it has to be 3v3 for it to be _somewhat_ balanced as vanilla isn't too friendly on pvp balance, and also keeping it in the healer/caster/melee format.

just my 2 cents.

agreed
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mike1097 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:51 am

Sounds nice, thats what the game about. Make the fun, dont just expect it
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance