Cost respe or not ? again

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Cost respe or not ? again

by Drain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 pm

If that's the case, you should just play Wotlk or retail then, where they "fixed" all of these "crap design choices".
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Moxey » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

No, i want to play vanilla, i dislike everything else about retail.
There is nothing good designwise about being forced to farm 100g each week to be able to play the game properly. Its a dumb design choice that is easily fixed.
Try harder if you want to be "insulting".
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Switchblade » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Moxey wrote:50g respecs is a crap design choice, blizzard themselves even fixed it with dual spec and later super cheap dual spec. This servers main competitor Kronos has 10g respec price at max and many people see that as a great idea.
Just saying that it sure wont make you LESS Popular.

This main competitor will also have :

- Multiboxing allowed for PVE and PVP (nothing said about pvp atm)
- Cash shop for funny item like mounts and other shit
- Character auction house where you will be able to buy fully geared characters with real money.
- Progression bar locked for twinks.

Amazing isnt it ? they'll maybe even grant you a dual spec if you hand them enough cash :lol:

As far as I know, Nostalrius aim to be real vanilla server, not a fun shit one.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Moxey wrote:being forced to farm 100g each week to be able to play the game properly.

That's where your're mistaken. In Vanilla, nobody has to change spec twice a week to play the game properly. You can just go PvP with your PvE spec, and except maybe for Prot. Warriors, you'll do just fine. Having the exact right spec. is just a bonus, making you better than the others, and thus is to be earned with golds, i.e. game time.

That's it.

It's how the game is balanced : you have to choose what you're best at unless you have enough time to do both. You can regret that, but it is in no way necessary to respec to do both PvP and PvE : you'll just be less efficient, just as everyone will.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Drain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:38 am

Even Prot Warriors didn't need to respec every week. They could farm perfectly fine and were actually important in WSG+AV. Tanks were important in these BGs, putting a Prot Warrior to plenty of use. I'm not saying they were as good as Druids or Paladins; I'm just saying they weren't worthless. The world PvP ganks are the problem. You'd be surprised how many 1vs1s you can win though when damage gear can get Shield Slam to hit for almost as much as Mortal Strike.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ntt69 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Switchblade wrote:
Moxey wrote:50g respecs is a crap design choice, blizzard themselves even fixed it with dual spec and later super cheap dual spec. This servers main competitor Kronos has 10g respec price at max and many people see that as a great idea.
Just saying that it sure wont make you LESS Popular.

This main competitor will also have :

- Multiboxing allowed for PVE and PVP (nothing said about pvp atm)
- Cash shop for funny item like mounts and other shit
- Character auction house where you will be able to buy fully geared characters with real money.
- Progression bar locked for twinks.

Amazing isnt it ? they'll maybe even grant you a dual spec if you hand them enough cash :lol:

As far as I know, Nostalrius aim to be real vanilla server, not a fun shit one.

Stop spreading missinformations about other projects.

Multiboxing is still in discusion on Kronos but since it will have PLAYER char auction! (not char generated by gms) mbox will be on 90% forbidden!

Who cares about cash shop for vanity items and mounts? it does not efect your gameplay only your ego.

Char auction - Definition of Pay to Win - Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying. - Kronos does not sell gear with stats. Only a whole characters made by players! i doubt that there will be any good characters or even any 60 lvl on that auction soon after release. Also noob who buys geared char is still a noob and on vanilla even green geared hero can pwn epic geared players. I would never buy char off that auction nor sell one . I will rather delete my char on quit then sell it . but if other want to do it why not? they robbing themselves of that sence of acomplishment and will be bored quick.

- Progression bar locked for twinks. - I dont know what you mean by that but if it is locking exp then who cares? battlegrounds does not give exp on vanilla as far as i know so it is still possible even without locking exp.

Saying that your server is 100% blizzke and fully scripted is a lie you will never have FULLY 100% scriped retail like private server. That blizzke and 100% scripted are only a buzz words, only to atract more ppl , but basicaly its a lie.

I mean no disrespect to anyone . i realy like how both servers have their goal to deliver quality , such thing was never there before and i hope that both will have great population they deserve! But bashing other projects by missinformating ppl is not the right way.

Good luck Nostalrius maybe we will meet ingame.
ntt69
Tester

by secondary » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:21 pm

The 50g respec is a method to dinstinguish between PvPers and PvEers. Its more then reasonable to keep it.

The time you need to invest for PvE gear is less compared to PvP. If I can't have an equal gear set as the PvEers then let me at least have a better suited specc.
secondary
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jeniaxx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 am

ntt69 wrote:Stop spreading missinformations about other projects.
(...)
i doubt that there will be any good characters or even any 60 lvl on that auction soon after release.

Well, seems you are not even sure what you are talking about.
Want to play Horde,have fun and clean the PVE content within a guild with strong ambitions ?
If YES then send us your application here http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com or contact Hatson, Kratu, Slaede or Althros IG
Jeniaxx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Germaine » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:01 pm

This is a major feature.

Back on the days, we were not playing MMOs like nowadays, we were playing it the way each one wanted, with less objective focus.

I remember myself raiding BWL for the first time with my entire guild on a terrible Hemorraghe build (Hemo on 1.6 wasn't the EZ win build of 2.0) but no one cared, we were just enjoying discovering a great game with 39 other buddies.

So if we want to keep this particular way of playing, EVERYTHING have to be 100% Blizzlike.
Germaine.
Former dwarven female rogue Silente ²
Germaine
Tester

by Enrage » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 am

So true, Germaine ... I was also surprised when I first went to MC... So many people were asking me if I had a PvE spec. :lol:
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions