Pre 1.4 Epic Mounts

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Pre 1.4 Epic Mounts

by konked » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:56 pm

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/retired.php

The Original Epic Mounts

"These mounts were the original 'epic' level 60 mounts present in the game when WoW launched. In Patch 1.4, these unarmored epic mounts were removed from vendors and replaced with the armored level 40 mounts that we have today.

Characters who already owned one of these retired mounts could keep it or trade it in for a new armored mount, but the old versions here can no longer be purchased."

Wouldn't mind seeing this done
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Patience » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Ike wrote:
Patience wrote:I don't know anything about programming and such, but I would assume that it requires some scripting and whatnots to make it happen.

Nope, it doesn't. Makeing these mounts buyable are 2, maybe 3 entries in a database. It takes less then a minute to do that. :)

I am all for this then! :)
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com/
Still recruiting exceptional people!
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Volodor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:55 pm

What about Undead mounts, did they stay the same or..?

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/retired.php has 2 for every race except Undead.
Volodor <Raid is Dead>
Volodor
Private
Private

by SanderP » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:09 am

Delete things out of the game is the most stupid thing, ever. Just introduce them alongside with the retail ones, subjective choosing shouldn't be done by the devs, but by the players. )
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:39 am

SanderP wrote:Delete things out of the game is the most stupid thing, ever. Just introduce them alongside with the retail ones, subjective choosing shouldn't be done by the devs, but by the players. )

If you can buy all the mounts forever, the pre-1.4 ones lose all their flavor.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by erifornia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 am

Youfie wrote:
SanderP wrote:Delete things out of the game is the most stupid thing, ever. Just introduce them alongside with the retail ones, subjective choosing shouldn't be done by the devs, but by the players. )

I agree with Youfie. It'd be kind of a reward for those who were there in the early release months and grinded enough to get their mounts.
erifornia
Grunt
Grunt

by SanderP » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 am

Youfie wrote:

Bullshit in my opinion.
What about people joining later and not liking the armored ones? Total nonsense, there's nothing about flavor but aesthetics.
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:02 pm

SanderP wrote:
Youfie wrote:

Bullshit in my opinion.
What about people joining later and not liking the armored ones? Total nonsense, there's nothing about flavor but aesthetics.

It's jsut about being Blizz-like you know. You put the pre-1.4 mounts in the game only for a certain time span, just like it was on retail.

This suggestion as a much higer chance to be accepted by the staff that way, cause it follows exactly what happened on retail. If you put the mounts for everyone, then it's customization. Just a tiny bit, but still.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Iosephus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:04 am

remembered when you could trade them in for the armored version, and i ended up regretting that shit months down the road.
Iosephus
Private
Private

by SanderP » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Youfie wrote:It's jsut about being Blizz-like you know. You put the pre-1.4 mounts in the game only for a certain time span, just like it was on retail.

This suggestion as a much higer chance to be accepted by the staff that way, cause it follows exactly what happened on retail. If you put the mounts for everyone, then it's customization. Just a tiny bit, but still.

Yes yes, blizzlike all the way. :roll:
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions