Cost respe or not ? again

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Cost respe or not ? again

by Ptoad » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 am

^
/Agree
Ptoad
Private
Private

by Enrage » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:03 am

Please bring a 50 golds respec in the game, it's good for the economy of the server !
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

by Stormreaver » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 am

Enrage wrote:Please bring a 50 golds respec in the game, it's good for the economy of the server !

I agree with this guy. No respec cost may sound good to the ear, but in reality, it will lead to a non-blizzlike economy. And this server was suposed to re-create the good old vanilla feeling, wasnt it? ;)
Stormreaver
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ironsides » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:21 pm

What are people's rationale for it leading to a non blizzlike economy again?
Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll hit the stars <3
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhoen » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 pm

keep it at 50g cap in my oppinion
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ZanathKariashi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 am

Yeah, the 50g respec is actually a CRITICAL gold sink to keep prices from inflating too high, since raiders eventually hit a point they they otherwise aren't spending much, since they're supplying their guild with materials and being allotted guild-supplied gear/consumables in exchange.

That being said...this IS classic. Your spec isn't actually that important enough that you need to change it frequently. Your gear and proper use of your skills is actually much more important.

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 05p55e104i . A solid universal Warrior spec for both tanking and PvP. The 4 points in defiance can be moved around to whatever you need for your specific needs (2/2 bloodrage, 1/1 last stand, 1/5 Defiance is also pretty common if your group is good about their threat management and you need an extra OS button). And obviously, you go ahead and decide which weapon type you plan to use for your specialization (though swords tend to be the most common tanking weapons, the difference is usually pretty minor until later, though you basically just want to make sure it's fast, whatever it is (for HS dumps). Flurry Axe is nice if you can get one).

Nothing else in prot tree matters because spamming Sunder armor was and still is the highest threat per action thing you can spend rage on. Shield slam is better then it was, but it's still hardly required for tanking.

And no. Paladin CANNOT tank, at all. It just doesn't happen (And any group they did tank could've been tank even better by a hunter's pet or even a Void Walker). They don't have the mana to consistently generate threat, Silence will result in a wipe, and all their damage mitigation is RNG based and isn't in the slightest bit reliable. Even as off-tanks they are behind Shaman, despite the difference in armor (the shaman get better avoidance stats). The only viable tanks in Classic are warriors, or for off-tanking Feral druids (since they at least have reliable mitigation, non-mana based, and a taunt).

For a paladin, it's holy or nothing (it does the best damage and brings massive amounts of support to whatever you're doing). What you do with your extra 20 points is up to you. Ret sub-spec for more damage burst, prot sub-spec for more support options with less burst, though still perfectly able to solo.
ZanathKariashi
Grunt
Grunt

by ironsides » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Trust me when I say that with a 50g cap, you will actually just have people saying "fuck pvp" when faced with the task of farming 100g on top of raid consumables per week.

Take it as "my anecdotal evidence" or not, but it will happen. Even on ED where gold inflation is out of control it is still "too much" for many raiders. And what happens to the "50g gold sink" if no one ever uses it? Pvp population dwindles, and gold doesn't leave the system.

"usage of skills and gear are much more important". As the game enters into the BWL period, many classes rely on their pvp spec to not get immediately destroyed by other classes with BWL gear. Spec gives a player more options so they aren't immediately overwhelmed by their opponents gear. If they can't change to that spec, they won't pvp. Mage without ice barrier/block? Dead by a random multishot. Fury warrior who has 3500 hp so he actually has enough hit to generate rage? Fish in a barrel. Spec is incredibly important, and this decision will make Nostalrius' pvp scene grind towards ED's current scene, which is fucking awful, if you didn't know.

Sure, you can do hybrid specs like the one you suggested. But if you told me to go pvp without piercing howl with my latency as a US player, I'd laugh in your face.

p.s., paladins can tank most fights no problem, they just need a lot of consumables/BWL to make work.

edit: TL,DR: You need as MANY pvpers in the system as you can possibly muster to avoid premade exploitation. 50g respec cap will take many pvpers out. This will put Nostalrius' pvp in the same state as ED is in, maybe worse.
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rewind » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:53 pm

ironsides wrote:Take it as "my anecdotal evidence" or not, but it will happen. Even on ED where gold inflation is out of control it is still "too much" for many raiders. And what happens to the "50g gold sink" if no one ever uses it? Pvp population dwindles, and gold doesn't leave the system.

The problem on ed is rank freezing
rewind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ironsides » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 pm

rewind wrote:
The problem on ed is rank freezing

Rank freezing means nothing to a server that can get R14 comparable gear so easy. The vast majority of pvpers won't even see rank 10/go beyond it, and BWL is far more accessible to the common player
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thrashing » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm

ironsides wrote:Rank freezing means nothing to a server that can get R14 comparable gear so easy. The vast majority of pvpers won't even see rank 10/go beyond it, and BWL is far more accessible to the common player

I don't necessarily agree with you here.

I've spoken to numerous people that have already quit ED, yet log in every once in a while to check in. Yet even then they speak of wanting to PvP a bit but ultimately end up not doing it because they don't want to lose their R5-8, even if they don't even actively play on the server anymore.
The ability to freeze your rank whenever has changed the entire mindset of players on the server.

I think you'll find that a lot of people do a few days of (casual) PvP a week even with 50g respec costs, as long as you can not maintain a rank for eternity by simply not PvPing. Especially people that want access to the R6 potions.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions