Mobs reaction to stealth.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Mobs reaction to stealth.

by Rehnvark » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:36 am

Hey guys !
First of all, I want to congratulate you for the work you did. I played on Nostal 2 years ago and what you did since looks totally amazing ! I am realy happy and I can't wait to start !
I'll surely play a rogue saturday but I was wondering something.
In my old memories, when you walked near a mob in stealth, he was like "Huh ?" when you were too close to him but not enough to be seen and stayed in his position lookin to the place where he "heard" something. For something like 3 or 5 seconds. Anyone else remember that ? Is it still working on officials servers ?
If yes, have you did something about it ? Or maybe... Will you ? :D
That's all I wanted to know.
See ya very soon on guys !
(Sorry for my average english)

Whyraan.
Rehnvark
Tester

Re: Mobs reaction to stealth.

by rausing123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:20 pm

this seems interesting
rausing123
Tester

by TheLockKing » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:26 pm

I can beat that. Mobs with CC would break aggro from the tank for just a MOMENT to poly/fear/hex the healer or you. And this isn't just dungeon/raid.. it happened while leveling. O.O Imagine my surprise when I was poly'd suddenly while my VoidWalker was still keeping all the aggro. Longest 20 seconds you will ever sit through.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rehnvark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 am

Euuuuh, i don't get what you said TheLockKing ^^'
Rehnvark
Tester

by TheLockKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 am

Kay. You and a Voidwalker/Warrior/Druid/whatever are traveling together and run into some casters. The VW/Warr/Dru/whatever is able to take ALL THE AGGRO and leave you free to do whatever. But for some reason, the casters would break aggro for just a second and polymorph/hex/fear YOU and get back to attacking your friend, thereby not doing any damage to you and ensuring the CC they placed on you does its full duration.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 am

TheLockKing wrote:Kay. You and a Voidwalker/Warrior/Druid/whatever are traveling together and run into some casters. The VW/Warr/Dru/whatever is able to take ALL THE AGGRO and leave you free to do whatever. But for some reason, the casters would break aggro for just a second and polymorph/hex/fear YOU and get back to attacking your friend, thereby not doing any damage to you and ensuring the CC they placed on you does its full duration.

Well, it's not really an "aggro break", just IA that causes the mob to CC the target he's not currently fighting but with whom he is in combat.
Just like a Mage player fighting two targets and casting a Poly on one of them.

Anyway, regarding the OP's question : this wasn't in place during the beta, at least when I stopped playing. Has someone seen it functioning during the end of the beta or during the test sessions recently ?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Rehnvark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:10 am

In fact, I don't see the rapport with what I asked, TheLockKing.
Anyway, I just want to know if mobs have a first alert reaction when a stealth walks near them.
Last edited by Rehnvark on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rehnvark
Tester

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:10 am

Rehnvark wrote:In fact, I don't see the rapport with what I asked TheLockKing.

There was absolutely none ;).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Drooppi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:27 am

Rehnvark wrote:In fact, I don't see the rapport with what I asked, TheLockKing.
Anyway, I just want to know if mobs have a first alert reaction when a stealth walks near them.

I do hope it is, or it will be way too easy for rogues ...
Drooppi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 am

Drooppi wrote:
Rehnvark wrote:In fact, I don't see the rapport with what I asked, TheLockKing.

I do hope it is, or it will be way too easy for rogues ...

Actually when it was bugged it made things harder for them as far as I remember, cause the distance at which rogues were detected were correct, they just didn't have any warning upon reaching it.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Suggestions