PvE server

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: PvE server

by cmill78 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:24 pm

some people might like stuff like that, whenever you're in the world you have to be on edge because there could be a rogue around the corner or something.

I have no problem with world PvP at all and I tend to agree with you here. My only real issue is the camping. Once you see that others aren't engaging in the PvP it just becomes a little silly to constantly kill someone dozens of levels lower than you. Don't get me wrong, I have engaged in World PvP. Back in retail before TBC released I remember being in hours long world PvP battles between Tarren Mill and Southshore. I just am not a fan of the camping. And I completley agree with you about asking them to put resources into a PvE server prior to a TBC server.
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
cmill78
Sergeant
Sergeant

by napredator » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:57 pm

cmill78 wrote:
some people might like stuff like that, whenever you're in the world you have to be on edge because there could be a rogue around the corner or something.

I have no problem with world PvP at all and I tend to agree with you here. My only real issue is the camping. Once you see that others aren't engaging in the PvP it just becomes a little silly to constantly kill someone dozens of levels lower than you. Don't get me wrong, I have engaged in World PvP. Back in retail before TBC released I remember being in hours long world PvP battles between Tarren Mill and Southshore. I just am not a fan of the camping. And I completley agree with you about asking them to put resources into a PvE server prior to a TBC server.

sorry about the misunderstanding
napredator
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pinacolata » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:36 pm

ok guys forget this post, it's happening. Just log in on the new server the next sunday and we have it!
pinacolata
Grunt
Grunt

by Mopar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:17 pm

WISH GRANTED!
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by umandez » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:24 pm

A PvE server will be boring as hell :/ but if it takes 1k -2k players across then that just means less lag for Nost begins and still 5k + players
umandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Radius » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Greetings,

To help raise awareness of the new PvE realm, this topic will be stickied until the test session is concluded on Sunday. For more information on the realm and how to connect, please read the topic Syrah posted in the Announcements forum.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 03#p123102

F.A.Q.
How long will the "Nostalrius Begins PvE" realm remain online?
The realm will be online next sunday (2015/08/23) at 9pm server time for 30 minutes only.

Will we be able to transfer our characters to the PvE realm?
The PvE realm is a new realm opening; therefore, transfers will not happen. With this new realm, we want to give the players that missed the Nostalrius Begins opening a second chance and create a new competition.

What will the timeline be?
The server will start in a pre 1.4 patch. The content will be gradually released in the same order it was / will be on Nostalrius PvP Realm.
Please be sure to check out the announcements board for updates to our terms of use, FAQs, staff activity, and more!
Radius
Game Master
Game Master

by Ablaize » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:34 pm

A PvE server will be boring as hell :/ but if it takes 1k -2k players across then that just means less lag for Nost begins and still 5k + players

Or it could mean an influx of new players, like myself, who loathe PVP so much they'd rather not play if that was their only option. So glad this is happening, finally.
Ablaize
Tester

by Flyinggekko » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:55 pm

So you're going to keep the server online for a whole 30 min? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?
Flyinggekko
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 pm

Flyinggekko wrote:So you're going to keep the server online for a whole 30 min? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?

They wanna see how many people it will draw. If there's enough, then they will release it for real. So tell everyone you know to log in during the test :D
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions