Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Totemi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:21 am

As a last resort plea I've come to the Suggestions forum after understanding that a player had the troll racial and another bug fixed after politely bumping his request. As such, I sincerely ask the Nost team take a further look into the windfury bug that does not allow the player to actually reap the attack power benefit from the extra windfury attacks.

Currently, when windfury procs the extra attacks are instant and it isnt until after the extra attacks have already happened that the bonus AP is applied for a brief second. This can be confirmed by keeping your character panel open and seeing the extra AP being applied after the extra attacks from windfury have already connected.

The AP buff isn't active when the windfury extra attacks land. In addition to the core mechanic, there is not a windfury animation as there should be. This has been a reported bug for over 9 months as the original post on the Nost BugTracker with the status being changed to confirmed but it not being assigned nor resolved. With missing out on an extra 466 attack power (elemental weapons talent considered) on 2 extra swings for a windfury proc is pretty devastating, especially consdering my default AP is 632. That's over a 70% AP increase that is not occuring.

The shaman class forums are littered with unanswered questions as to if windfury will ever be fixed. I understand with the massive amount of players Nost now has and maintains that there a plenty of issues to handles and fixed, but please consider raising the priority of this windfury bug as it has truly become detrimental to the vanilla shaman experience and especially to those like myself who love playing enhancement.

Thank you
Totemi
Private
Private

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Derkz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:04 pm

I support the fixing of windfury. If any devs see this, please work on fixing the classes, starting with windfury of course :P I see the attack power go up as well in the character panel but it happens after the damage is already dealt.. It seems to be a simple fix (just apply the ap bonus before the attack happens) so it would be very appreciated if you guys did this for all the shamans on the server. Oh and the animation would be the cherry on top :)
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by Tharogg Tuskscream » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Agreed with fellas it need to be fixed
Tharogg Tuskscream
Tester

by wiseoldenemy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:03 pm

I support this thread, especially since windfury is such an important part of the enhancement spec.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:22 pm

I played a shaman in retail and absolutely support windfury working properly. It's THE signature shaman ability, and should be fixed.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nano » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by wiseoldenemy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:18 am

As someone else said, it appears from our point of view to be an easy fix, just put the extra AP before the hits go off. (this is my uneducated observation on the matter)
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Waylol » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:34 am

I support the windfury fixing, un terms of annimation & AP bonus. A Check on my shaman & it doesn't work too.
Waylol
Tester

by Derkz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Nano wrote:Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?

Okay, I had to go in the game in order to find this out as I never once buffed my weapon through a totem before. It appears the totem buff actually works. When I see it proc, it essentially doubles my damage as my attack power is 368 normally and it gives me an extra 229 ap when it procs. However, I do notice a significant lag between putting the totem down and actually receiving the buff. It takes between 3 and 4 seconds before it actually buffs my weapon. I don't remember if this happened in retail as it's been ages since I played vanilla retail. The animation is absent with the totem buff as well as the actual windfury buff for the shaman.

So it appears the only mechanic that needs to be fixed is the windfury weapon buff that the shaman uses, along with the tornado animation for both. Please fix this bug, pretty please with a totem on top :P
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by buffmanmuscle » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Derkz wrote:
Nano wrote:Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?

Okay, I had to go in the game in order to find this out as I never once buffed my weapon through a totem before. It appears the totem buff actually works. When I see it proc, it essentially doubles my damage as my attack power is 368 normally and it gives me an extra 229 ap when it procs. However, I do notice a significant lag between putting the totem down and actually receiving the buff. It takes between 3 and 4 seconds before it actually buffs my weapon. I don't remember if this happened in retail as it's been ages since I played vanilla retail. The animation is absent with the totem buff as well as the actual windfury buff for the shaman.

So it appears the only mechanic that needs to be fixed is the windfury weapon buff that the shaman uses, along with the tornado animation for both. Please fix this bug, pretty please with a totem on top :P

What you described above doesn't mean that the weapon totem works unfortunately. The same situation is happening for shamans and their weapon enchants. You will get extra attacks and you will see your AP amount go up when it happens, the issue is the order in which it happens. The extra attack(s) will occur immediately before the windfury buff (extra AP) is applied thus gaining no benefit from this large increase in power. To address your second item about the perceived lag in totem, that in fact is how totems work in vanilla. The windfury totem pulsates with its buff every few seconds, this is the same for every dropped totem. You can see it best illustrated with you have a poison or disease debuff and a cleansing totem is out. It won't go away immediately but will be gone in a few seconds.
buffmanmuscle
Tester

Next

Return to Suggestions