Patch 1.4 emulation for a more "Blizzlike" progression

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Patch 1.4 emulation for a more "Blizzlike" progression

by Thirteenb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Patch 1.4 was the introduction of the PVP honor system, not the introduction of battlegrounds. I believe that any new server should have BGs disabled according to the official timeline. There are two major problems with having BGs active from the start of a server. First and foremost it's not blizzlike, I was lucky to actually play retail WoW when the honor system was implemented. I'm sure many of us look back on those days with nostalgia when the only way to get honor was to be apart of those massive outdoor battles. This is is something that has not been seen yet on a popular private server. Secondly the day 1 racers/rankers suffer because the we have to compete with people that are more primarily focused on building honor through BGs rather than level their toons and kill their opposing faction in the world. It's quite frustrating when your are the top 1% of levels and with over 500 solo HKs week 1 and you get anything less than st.50
Boost <The Council> 60 Night Elf Warrior
Nürburgring 60 Orc Shaman
Thirteenb
Private
Private

Re: Patch 1.4 emulation for a more "Blizzlike" progression

by DerFlo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Secondly the day 1 racers/rankers suffer because the we have to compete with people that are more primarily focused on building honor through BGs rather than level their toons and kill their opposing faction in the world.

Actually Elysium suffered exactly this at the start. There was very limited open world PvP. People either just straight quested for PvE or stayed at lvl 19 / 29 to run warsong all day. If you hit 60 early (like I did) there was no way to compete with those low levels in terms of honor / week. Really a pain in the ass.
DerFlo
Tester

by WhiteDeath » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:49 pm

well... that with BGs is good idead BUT your crying about 60 without honnor is WTF? level or get Honnor .. choose is on YOU ! dont cry you want everything! gold and mount too?. thanks.
WhiteDeath
Tester

by Thirteenb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:10 am

WhiteDeath wrote:well... that with BGs is good idead BUT your crying about 60 without honnor is WTF? level or get Honnor .. choose is on YOU ! dont cry you want everything! gold and mount too?. thanks.

I mainly want a blizzlike experience that hasn't been felt since the old days. There is no choice because you need level 60 to wear the ranking gear.
Boost <The Council> 60 Night Elf Warrior
Nürburgring 60 Orc Shaman
Thirteenb
Private
Private

Return to Suggestions