Hall of Fame for bug-finders and hackers

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Hall of Fame for bug-finders and hackers

by Kill » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Hey guys 'n girls,

I think we should have some place where the best bug finders (and in future: hackers) can get some fame for what they are doing. Some of the bug-finders really prepared themselves and seem to do an amazing job, while others neglected this important task. Me myself has started prepping for the Hack-Session so I might have a tiny, tiny contribution there. However, this is a damn time sink, like bug-testing, and I think we should have a place where we honor those 3 or 5 people who have contributed into the solving of the most bugs / contributed to most hacks. This will give us a little competition in further testing sessions (aka who found the most bugs) and will additionally result in a more careful observation of anything.

This must, of cause, be supported by the Dev team as only they know who reported which bugs, etc.
Additionally I don't know any good place to honor them. Maybe an honorary mention on the Facebook page? In-game NPC praising their names when spoken to^^? No in-game benefit(!), but else I don't know.

Additionally an incentive would be given, to actually report bugs and security issues that people could keep for themselves for their benefit - especially considering those people who can actually really write exploits.

What do you guys think of it? Any suggestions for a place to honor them?
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hall of Fame for bug-finders and hackers

by Imbaslap » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:56 pm

a mini diablo pet or the silly inferno tabards would be legit for bonus's.
stuff that does not affect gameplay would be cool.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Hatson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Would be neat. I did spend 6 hours in my last bug report compilation. But in the future they will all be private on the devs requests.
However this is a nice thought. Very much trivial fluff, however. Bug reporting is and should be a voluntary act. But that's not to say I have anything against this idea. Just sayin' - Don't expect anything in return except maybe a thank you.
Bug reporting should come from your own willingness to lend a helping hand.
Last edited by Hatson on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Koopa » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Please no vanity pets, titles, or any custom content for that matter.

I don't care if it physically enhances your character or not. To have unintended items in the game hampers the level of immersion, and it goes against the overall strategy that Nostalrius has put forth. In addition to these problems, it also inhibits Nostalrius's ability to differentiate themselves from their competitors.

Contribute towards the server because you want EVERYONE's gaming experience to be enhanced, not to earn exclusive items for yourself.
Koopa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kill » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Hatson wrote: Bug reporting is and should be a voluntary act. But that's not to say I have anything against this idea. Just sayin' - Don't expect anything in return except maybe a thank you.
(sneakily edited ;D)

Koopa wrote:Contribute towards the server because you want EVERYONE's gaming experience to be enhanced, not to earn exclusive items for yourself.

I agree with you both - that is why I specifically mentioned no in-game benefits and also didn't mention vanity items, etc. But a mention somewhere very hidden / unobtrusive in the game or, if not, somewhere outside the game would not hurt immersion. And giving the people that do good work some props can not seriously considered in anyway critical. It's just a little neat thing for us to have. It is 1) nothing game changing (like other suggestions made), 2) a community feature/event (and I feel this is something we and the Mods should work towards) and 3) actually might help the epic quest of squashing all bugs.

P.S.: I haven't filed a single bug report, so it's not about getting anything for myself, but giving people who do the work some props and also motivating everyone ;D
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am

I'm also not too much of a fan of in-game vanity pets for bug reporters. Maybe just a forum Avatar / Rank / Title or something would be enough :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Netherfrost » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 am

Youfie wrote:I'm also not too much of a fan of in-game vanity pets for bug reporters. Maybe just a forum Avatar / Rank / Title or something would be enough :)
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions