Blizzlike website and forums

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Blizzlike website and forums

by FORTRAN777 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:07 am

I think it would be great idea to make Blizzlike website and forums. It brings a lot of memories and nostalgia and will certainly attract more players. If you are striving for full Blizzlike Vanilla experience, I think that is a must and should be included. Thank you, looking forward for tonight testing!
FORTRAN777
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Blizzlike website and forums

by kovenant » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:31 am

thats quite dangerous since it could provide a reason for blizzard to focus on you.
using their looks and feels and also a wow product is destined for trouble.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Netherfrost » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:02 am

Exactly as kovenant mentioned, although the idea is great and could be partially implemented, they still have direct copyright on their symbols, even corecraft had to take down a lot parts of their forums due to that. You gotta step carefully
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ThatsthePuzzle » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:05 am

At this point I think that it's overdone and a bit bland, I prefer something modern and usable.

Could just be me though.
ThatsthePuzzle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ozzky » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am

I sort of agree with OP. The old website was epic, but today it's almost overused.
Maybe somewhere inbetween? Like if you visit www.nostalrius.org it would take you to some sort of information page that's in the theme of the old blizzard website.

Imo, the forums should stay modern though! ;)

Netherfrost wrote:Exactly as kovenant mentioned, although the idea is great and could be partially implemented, they still have direct copyright on their symbols, even corecraft had to take down a lot parts of their forums due to that. You gotta step carefully

Well, they're already using blizzard's art here on the forums :P
ozzky
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:29 am

Old vanilla website was ass...no thanks :V

There is also no need for it.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Netherfrost » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Art themes and drawn things are different than the original symbols, as CC used, with that being said, sure, they could chase them for using the spirit..
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gelbin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 pm

I also like the idea very much to not only bring back nostalgia to the server, but also to the website and forums. But as kovenant said; we might be playing with fire. And that's not worth it. Blizzard ain't our friends..
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by FORTRAN777 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Bump!
FORTRAN777
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:37 am

They could do something similar to Atlantiss's website. Dodgykebab mentions a good deal about how well designed it is in hsi review.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions