Is this server going to be paid access?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Is this server going to be paid access?

by Hireynip » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:23 am

It seems that a lot of time and effort has been put into this server, which makes me wonder if this server will be paid access?
Hireynip
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Is this server going to be paid access?

by Floux » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:54 am

Nope.
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Enrage » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Hireynip wrote:It seems that a lot of time and effort has been put into this server, which makes me wonder if this server will be paid access?

No way !
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

by Ghostly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Seriously though, how in the world is this server going to sustain itself? There are no donations accepted in any way or form, are server owners millionaires or something?
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Floux » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:27 pm

If I am right, one of the admins fix bugs for another private server (WotLK) and so they give him the right to develop his own private server (Nostalrius). The WoTLK one has a donation system.
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cornholi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why is Nostalrius a standalone project then, why didn't they integrate it with the other server.
Cornholi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ghostly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Cornholi wrote:That doesn't make any sense to me. Why is Nostalrius a standalone project then, why didn't they integrate it with the other server.

So Nostalrius could end up like ED? Sure, what a great idea.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Ghostly wrote:Seriously though, how in the world is this server going to sustain itself? There are no donations accepted in any way or form, are server owners millionaires or something?

It's not that expensive :lol:

And yeah... http://alstorius.org/ There used to be a third realm (Alstorius), hence the name of this one.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cornholi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:33 am

Ghostly wrote:So Nostalrius could end up like ED? Sure, what a great idea.

Just because Feenix has a total lack of disregard for ED doesn't mean it's a bad idea on principle. Molten, Twinstar, hell even Feenix have done it with various levels of success, and I'm pretty sure ED wouldn't have gotten to be the most popular 1xp vanilla private server if it wasn't for the Feenix network.
Cornholi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 pm

No one is going to pay for entry to a private server when there are so many on the internet that allow free access. But I don't think they will refuse you the option to donate money to them after release if you like.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion