Buffs with same icons overwriting each other.

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Buffs with same icons overwriting each other.

by Ellarria » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:18 pm

So this is something I have seen on other private servers where one buff with the same icon as another buff will not stack properly and end up overwriting one another. There are many different buffs/debuffs to test with this and maybe not all of them do this (frost trap didn't remove the mark of frost debuff from Azuregos like on other servers).

I did note one case of this in particular and will definitely do more testing when the game is up and running and the full list of buffs/consumables will be more available to us.

This first image is of Prayer of Spirit. We were testing out the towers in EPL to see if they were working properly (something I haven't seen on any other private server) and I noticed the discrepancy.
http://i.imgur.com/6xNzpqP.jpg

This next picture is of the Lordearon's Blessing (which is accessible after capturing one of the towers) overwriting Prayer of Spirit.
http://i.imgur.com/D8Hbdd0.jpg

This may seem trivial, but for people who like to seriously min/max their potential, having buffs overwriting others is a big deal.
Ellarria - 60 Priest
Arrellia - 19 Druid Twink
Ellarria
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Buffs with same icons overwriting each other.

by Youfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Those bugs have to be reported one by one, and are fixed by the staff in just a few seconds, it doesn't require any coding or developpment skill, as far as I know.

Many of them were corrected during Beta, but if you happen to find more just make sure you let the staff know and everything should be alright :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hyped » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Wednesday Hype....Wednesday Hype....Wednesday Hype....
<Exiled>
Hyped
Private
Private

by Netherfrost » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 pm

I get youre into minmaxing, but whats the use if you can only use the buff in the EPL area, incl the 5 mans?)
-On a serious note, Im not disregarding it should be fixed, however, I dont see where minmaxing comes into the perspective
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ellarria » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Netherfrost wrote:I get youre into minmaxing, but whats the use if you can only use the buff in the EPL area, incl the 5 mans?)
-On a serious note, Im not disregarding it should be fixed, however, I dont see where minmaxing comes into the perspective

I was trying to point out that on other private servers this issue happens with many different buffs. I wasn't able to extensively test this out over the short sessions and this was only used as an example to point out the issue.
Ellarria - 60 Priest
Ellarria
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JimboPete » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 am

Am I missing something? Both screenshots show prayer of spirit not being overwritten.
Latest Masterpiece - A Z U R E G O S
Don't forget to see if I'm live on Twitch! ( twitch.tv/JimboPete ) <-- Rip
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ellarria » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:06 am

JimboPete wrote:Am I missing something? Both screenshots show prayer of spirit not being overwritten.

No, the second one is the other buff. I took the screenshot with fraps and I have it set to remove the cursor. The blue icon is the one for the towers but you can grab a buff from one of the towers that has the same icon as prayer of spirit.
Ellarria - 60 Priest
Ellarria
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JimboPete » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:08 am

Ellarria wrote:
JimboPete wrote:Am I missing something? Both screenshots show prayer of spirit not being overwritten.

No, the second one is the other buff. I took the screenshot with fraps and I have it set to remove the cursor. The blue icon is the one for the towers but you can grab a buff from one of the towers that has the same icon as prayer of spirit.

This makes sense, but you have to understand how confusing your photo is.
Latest Masterpiece - A Z U R E G O S
Don't forget to see if I'm live on Twitch! ( twitch.tv/JimboPete ) <-- Rip
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mrmr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:29 pm

with this trick you can fool Azuregos duelling people with the mark and trapping them (a hunter have to do it...).
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion