We be many peeps

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: We be many peeps

by Gunnis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:20 pm

There are 21 pages of users roughly that has never posted anything in the forums. That is not a good sign xD
Last edited by Gunnis on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mrmr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm

...and there are users with annoying and stupid "signature" and there is no chance to hide them.

EDIT:
@Gunnis
Are you maybe a "special" kid?
Why are you writing your messages in red?
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by jorim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Gunnis wrote:On the forums we have about average posts pr month, around 1600 so the community seems to be more or less equally active here. Now as you every so kindly pointed out, my math and logic skills seem to be rather sad, so if I am wrong, do not be shocked. (To find this number I used yours and simply divided the posts vs months)

3500/2.5 = 1400 / month
10.000/5.5 = 1818 / month

I like numbers to be correct.

So yes apparantly 60% of registered people here never posted anything, interesting statistic.
Last edited by jorim on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorim
Private
Private

by WarCrack » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Gunnis wrote:
jorim wrote:
Gunnis wrote: I was just looking over our current member list, and though hey we are a pretty big crowd now. We are infact bigger than Kronos, if you only bace the numbers that you find on Poll's, seeing that they have 4 servers and all members are linked up on the same forum member number.

On avrage I found that Kronos has about 650-700 members for Vanilla, I do assume many of them are here aswell. While Nostalrius has soon 900, so sweet spot inc!

You are comparing the amount of people that voted on a poll on Kronos with the total amount of registered people on Nostalrius. Your math teacher would burst out in tears if he saw that you assume correlation between those two variables. I think facebook and youtube are a better indicator because you usually need a phone number to complete account creation so views and likes are hard to manipulate. While on Nostalrius you don't even require an e-mail activation to register.

I made a comparison between Kronos and Nostalrius, all numbers can be checked easily.
reddit:
- Nostalrius (37 subscribers and 3 months old)
- Kronos (275 subscribers and 6 months old)

Youtube:
- Nostalrius youtube channel is 4,5 years old with total of 71k video views with 61 videos -> 340 subscribers
- Kronos youtube channel is 10 months old also with total of 71k views with 14 videos (4 times less) -> 568 subscribers.

Facebook:
- Nostalrius 990 likes (since march 2010)
- Kronos 973 likes (since July 2014)

Forum:
- Nostalrius 3.500+ forum posts since November 2014
- Kronos forum 10.000+ forum posts since August 2014

What these numbers mean in terms of average online population is a whole different story and can’t really be predicted. It depends on the trend of these numbers influenced by how the hype evolves. The release date can be an important factor because possibly a large amount of people are not sure which one to pick since I sometimes see the same names pop up on both forums.

The biggest question is if the players and staff are willing to compete with feenix or with eachother.

Because face it, feenix is the real competitor here.

Why did I choose polls? Well because they have to have an account that is bound to the Vanilla side of Kronos to be able to vote on them as I have understood. And you can only vote once on most of them. So it req an active member to do this. Also the "S" in polls stand for more than just one.

YouTube view, now those are not at all good for telling someone how many is interested. Views are not for every user seen them, but for every time they have been shown. But I do feel that subscribers is a better way, but not in anyway better than checking the form memberlist. YouTube req no registration to view videos, no limit to how many times your view will be counted either.
Facebook, i'll give you that one for now.

On the forums we have about average posts pr month, around 1600 so the community seems to be more or less equally active here. Now as you every so kindly pointed out, my math and logic skills seem to be rather sad, so if I am wrong, do not be shocked. (To find this number I used yours and simply divided the posts vs months)

I do agree that feenix, and vanilla gaming...etc vanilla servers are the bigger rivals at the current time. And the fact that this will be x1 makes it hard to drag manypeople to re level, tho this is a coversation for an other thread ^.^

I am glad you took this up, and I might just be narrow minded in my post here, but I didn't set out to missinform people, nor did I claim that this was the perfect way to do it. But I do really enjoy that people are taking interrest in this as a topic!

No. Vanilla gamers want 1x because they want as blizz-like as possible. If they want a casual gaming experience they can play WoD.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Gunnis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:31 pm

WarCrack wrote:
No. Vanilla gamers want 1x because they want as blizz-like as possible. If they want a casual gaming experience they can play WoD.

I do hope your right, I personally cant wait to start leveling! Maaaan i miss the real Dark shore!
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by WarCrack » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Ya I'm going back to my old ways of playing 16 hours a day if the server is good enough.

At least until I burn out.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Cornholi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 am

WarCrack wrote:No. Vanilla gamers want 1x because they want as blizz-like as possible. If they want a casual gaming experience they can play WoD.

That's what you guys want and that's fine, but usually the most popular servers are the ones who at least have increased xp rate, in my experience a lot of players hate leveling.
Last edited by Cornholi on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornholi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Netherfrost » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am

What does it even matter? The devs will release the server once they believe its in a good spot, both hype and scripting wise, - THEN we can judge if there are enough players for oneself. The server can get immense hype and 50 players at release day, but you can also see the opposite pattern. Anything is possible, pick your server and cross your fingers for it being good.
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vyse » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:55 am

Sorry but I have to agree with mrmr, @Gunnis your huge animated signature and red font makes this thread painful to read..
vyse
Tester

by Szabinger » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:56 am

It's so hard to see where an actual comment starts and ends. It's really annoying.
Szabinger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion