Any oceanic players?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Any oceanic players?

by whytebio » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:21 pm

I missed the pvp stress test sign up by a few days so I wasn't able to look into this myself.

Are there any oceanic players who got in that could speak about the latency and ms they experienced?

I understand that it is not representative of how the server will be when it launches in the coming months - I'm stating I understand that. However, a bit of a general idea would be nice.

Thank you.
whytebio
Private
Private

Re: Any oceanic players?

by Hatson » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:56 pm

The PvP test is tomorrow, so, you will have to wait for replies and reports until then.
I'm not oceanic myself, so can't help you there.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by tixau » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:21 am

I am but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to log in tomorrow. If I do I will keep you posted.
tixau
Tester

by tixau » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Average ping was around 300-350ms from Eastern Australia. Server seems fairly responsive and didn't experience any lag spikes but only managed to get about an 1 hour of gameplay.
tixau
Tester

by Hatson » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 am

I had around 100 ping. So very good for test servers, they also said there might be increased ping on this test due to different shiz. - testing from Iceland here.
Last edited by Hatson on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Codeine » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:29 am

Yea I was on for about 30mins didn't test anything but i had 330+ latency. Not very enthusiastic about that.

Other servers have a few nodes in USA and EU. Can nostalius do that too? 350ms is not cool.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Senedraxl09 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:19 am

mmm 300 lat+ !? it will be just like playing on american servers on retail.....god why must our aussie net suck
Senedraxl09
Grunt
Grunt

by Codeine » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:31 am

It's not our Aussie net, its because the server is in EU. No amount of good fibre can reduce the time it takes for information to travel that far.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by regstormy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:04 am

I played for both sessions from QLD. ping was 300-350ms.
Server seemed very smooth, no players glitching around like other EU/US servers.
regstormy
Private
Private

by whytebio » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Around 300ms?

Wow, that's great! (I'm not being sarcastic)

Coming from other private servers where I typically get 400-500 MS, 300 ms is breezy.
whytebio
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion