Transparency?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Transparency?

by Stilicho » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm

IMHO, transparency is one of the most crucial things for private servers if they want to succeed. I'm missing very much basic information regarding this topic. Having had bad experiences in the past (feenix....), I would be grateful if a team member could answer my questions.
How will sanctions/bans be handled? Will they be appealable?
Do gamemasters get some kind of refund for their work? How are you planning to prevent the abuse of gm power?
Will the developers give insight into their current work or will we be left in the dark about the development? I'm asking this because there seems to be no bug tracker yet. Since Nostalrius has been in beta for years, I wonder if it's possible to see which bugs have been reported during this period and which of them have already been fixed.
Stilicho
Tester

Re: Transparency?

by Askental » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:29 am

About your last point, you can dig some info from the previous forum : http://archives.nostalrius.org/index.php
Most of it is in french but you can see lots of bug reports and server updates.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Murloc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 am

Will the developers give insight into their current work or will we be left in the dark about the development?

You do know that they did a pvp session and will do a pve session?
Murloc
Private
Private

by Stilicho » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:26 am

Murloc wrote:
Will the developers give insight into their current work or will we be left in the dark about the development?

You do know that they did a pvp session and will do a pve session?

We just get to see the results, not the progress, no roadmap. This scares me off a bit. How can we know what has been reported and fixed, if there is no (actual) bug tracker? I for example don't even know what the different team members are doing, which of them are active developers.
I checked the old french tracker, thanks Askental. Can understand most of it (knowing Italian and Latin :D )
However, many of the issues have no official answers, would be very glad to have a real bug tracker (like https://www.mantisbt.org/ for example) now that the testing has started.
Stilicho
Tester

by Floux » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:27 pm

I know that they have a private bug tracker. Maybe they'll make it public for the PvE test, but I'm really not sure about that..
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:36 pm

A bug tracker makes more sense post release when the server is staying active.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Stilicho » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

I don't agree. I see no point in hiding it.
Stilicho
Tester

by Imbaslap » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Stilicho wrote:I don't agree. I see no point in hiding it.

then find another server then. lol is this post even serious? if you're not comfortable with this server then go elsewhere.
I prefer results and Nostalrius actually delivers it unlike other servers. The things you're asking for is better for post release and after the beta test completions. Unless you want to play a game like Assassins creed unity before it is thoroughly tested and polished?
just my thoughts.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Keldan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
Stilicho wrote:I don't agree. I see no point in hiding it.

then find another server then. lol is this post even serious? if you're not comfortable with this server then go elsewhere.

So that means, if I understand your post, we shouldn't talk about the server if we're not thinking everything here is perfect. Fantastic. I'm sure this strategy will help the staff by sending the most relevant feedbacks of their work.

@OP
As we all know, upcoming vanilla servers are a bit fighting in the shadows, for a game of "who's gonna get the biggest pop". They are all hiding their flaws for obvious reasons. It's not a problem for me : with years I don't expect anything from private servers. I wait, then I see.
Keldan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cornholi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

I agree in that having a bug tracker would be a great idea, if implemented correctly everyone would be able to see more accurately how far along is Nostalrius in terms of progress, plus if you are savvy about it you could actually motivate the community to help the devs in finding info about certain bugs or how mechanics were in vanilla.
Cornholi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion