[PVE TEST] To-Do list & assignments?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

[PVE TEST] To-Do list & assignments?

by Terrub » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Viper stated in the PVE Test announcement thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=523
That, due to the large amount of content that needs testing, some organisation might be a good idea.

Viper wrote:We suggest all of you to check the corresponding PvE contents (quests, boss / NPC techniques, events) from Vanilla retail as soon as possible (right now?) to prepare yourself for the session. As the number of instances is quite big, we suggest all of you to begin creating groups for a complete instance check-up from this list.
It's a great opportunity for the guilds to start some organization / meeting internally

Is there a list of instances and people signing up to do those instances specifically somewhere? I've not been able to find anything that points to that. Perhaps the guilds are doing this in their own forums?

I sadly don't have time to do preperations for all instances so I'll be focussing on:
[WC] - Wailing caverns I've been there too many times to not test it.)
[SFK] - Shadowfang Keep Nice and small but early level and out of the way, and mostly ignored on other servers.
[BRD] - Blackrock Depths Big place, probably needs loads of testing, many quests, many mobs, such lyceum.

If there's a group of people coordinating this already that I'm not aware of, then please point me in their direction, thanks =).
Terrub
Private
Private

Re: [PVE TEST] To-Do list & assignments?

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Good idea, personally I have not played enough vanilla side dung's to even know what to look for :P
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by muff » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Gunnis wrote:know what to look for :P

#1 working ZF stairs event

#2 jailbreak event (not sure if we can get the quest chain done in time to test?)
muff
Tester

by Netherfrost » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 pm

muff wrote:
Gunnis wrote:know what to look for :P

#1 working ZF stairs event

#2 jailbreak event (not sure if we can get the quest chain done in time to test?)

Noteworthy about the chain q. If we're short in time we could maybe request far away/ hard to get quest items from GMs in order to test it, we'll see.
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Moxey » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 am

Gonna go sub rogue and check around solo to see if stuff with stealth detection works ok and stuff like that.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aquane » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:14 am

i think we need more time for the PvE test

I also predict that a majority of the testers will be alliance players, as most of the pvp testers were horde
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:50 am

Sunken Temple boss spawn scriptings, as well as specific class quests.
Those are broken on pretty much every private. I want to check on those personally.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Netherfrost » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 am

Lets keep in that we aren't looking for the amount of bugs, at this point its almost prefered to have a large amount. What is interesting is how they deal with the (future)implemented fixes, custom scripts, and the community's response to these tests.
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sarkozy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:24 am

Netherfrost wrote:Lets keep in that we aren't looking for the amount of bugs, at this point its almost prefered to have a large amount. What is interesting is how they deal with the (future)implemented fixes, custom scripts, and the community's response to these tests.

I'm not really following you, you are seeing it is not good to look for bugs?
sarkozy
Private
Private

by Netherfrost » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 pm

sarkozy wrote:
Netherfrost wrote:Lets keep in that we aren't looking for the amount of bugs, at this point its almost prefered to have a large amount. What is interesting is how they deal with the (future)implemented fixes, custom scripts, and the community's response to these tests.

I'm not really following you, you are seeing it is not good to look for bugs?

Sure the goal is to look for bugs, but hold your judgement hammer on pause for now, as the session doesn't define the server, however what is done after the test session is what actually does define the project.
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion