We be many peeps

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

We be many peeps

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:52 pm

I was just looking over our current member list, and though hey we are a pretty big crowd now. We are infact bigger than Kronos, if you only bace the numbers that you find on Poll's, seeing that they have 4 servers and all members are linked up on the same forum member number.

On avrage I found that Kronos has about 650-700 members for Vanilla, I do assume many of them are here aswell. While Nostalrius has soon 900, so sweet spot inc!
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: We be many peeps

by WarCrack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:59 pm

I believe whichever server releases first may be the one to seize the majority of players for the long term. I think once the first domino falls the other will in short order.

Expect them both to release within the same 1 week time frame.
Last edited by WarCrack on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:06 pm

WarCrack wrote:I believe whichever server releases first may be the one to seize the majority of players for the long term. I think once the first domino falls the other will in short order.

Expect them both to release within the same 1 week time frame.

Well, both of them are not going to open before 100% finished. Therefor it wont matter when the first one is out, they don't compete on that. I somewhat agree that the one that is out first will get a bigger crowd, but then again if you joined a community like a guild, you will be enticed to stay even if the release is a tad later.
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by WarCrack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm

I think you are wrong, the other one will be released in short order once the first is released. They aren't going to let people become established on the competition while they are so close to release.

They might even release on the same day lol.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:56 pm

WarCrack wrote:I think you are wrong, the other one will be released in short order once the first is released. They aren't going to let people become established on the competition while they are so close to release.

They might even release on the same day lol.

Then fiddle me this, why are we waiting for these servers, feenix already has a Vanilla wow, shouldn't we all be there? No, we are here because we want 100% finished servers, and so does the admin crew of both servers, there will be 0 point in launching if they cant deliver 99-100% finished.
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by WarCrack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree they are both going for as close to 100% but they are also closely watching each other. If Kronos launches next week will Nostalrius really not speed up their release in response?

I find that hard to believe. As much as the devs say they aren't effected by outside factors, I don't buy it. They know the first to market with a very good vanilla server will be king IF they are given a long enough period to establish a population.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:22 pm

WarCrack wrote:I agree they are both going for as close to 100% but they are also closely watching each other. If Kronos launches next week will Nostalrius really not speed up their release in response?

I find that hard to believe. As much as the devs say they aren't effected by outside factors, I don't buy it. They know the first to market with a very good vanilla server will be king IF they are given a long enough period to establish a population.

Well as Nos has said, they are more or less ready atm, they just want more people, I believe the magical number is 1,000-2,000 people. And Kronos has their % done that they hold above everything. That being said I do also not believe that any side can speed up more than what they are doing. But secretly I do hope that Nos comes out before Kronos in fear that you are correct. Also I appreciate this debate, and its level of maturity! ^.^
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by WarCrack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:35 pm

I don't have a preference for which releases first but I hope they both succeed as it would obviously be ideal to have a backup option available.

If both can have 1k or more players that would be amazing.
WarCrack
Private
Private

by Gunnis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:38 pm

WarCrack wrote:I don't have a preference for which releases first but I hope they both succeed as it would obviously be ideal to have a backup option available.

If both can have 1k or more players that would be amazing.

dream for 1 k each side, that shit would be awsome, but very hard to make happen.
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by WarCrack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:42 pm

If both are as good as they look I could see that happening eventually, maybe within 2 years of launch.

As far as I know there has NEVER been a very well scripted Vanilla server available so who knows what the true demand for one really is. Could be several thousand players.
WarCrack
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion