[Addon] QuestSoundBits - Quest progress sounds

Re: [Addon] QuestSoundBits - Quest progress sounds

by Roadblock » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:46 am

Kaiji wrote:I installed the new version and set Progress to false. When I completed a quest it said "Ready to work!" and "Job's done" simultaneously.

Yea I kinda expected that since both events happen near each other (last / only objective completes and at the same time the overall quest completes)

This will take some re-engineering but I wanted to get a version out that works.
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roadblock » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:51 pm

v2.0-11200 updated in the OP.
- Added options and command-line to save them, no longer necessary to edit .lua
- Changed the alert throttle to a queue system with priority so only the highest priority alert should play for simultaneous events (Quest Completion > Objective Completion > Objective Progress)
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:09 pm

This is fantastic and very much appreciated!

I replaced the Jobs done mp3 with the one from the original addon I mentioned as it's much higher quality. Just wanted to let you know in case you want to do the same.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:11 pm

v2.1-11200 updated in OP.

Think I eliminated the false positives the first time the player accepts or abandons a quest with completed quest(s) in their log.

... and I'm going to stop messing with it, think it's as good as I can make it for now :P

Kaiji wrote:This is fantastic and very much appreciated!

I replaced the Jobs done mp3 with the one from the original addon I mentioned as it's much higher quality. Just wanted to let you know in case you want to do the same.

I checked that.. it's higher quality but it's not the original clip from warcraft RTS (it appears to be from Hearthstone)

Edit: Example of original sounds, extracted from the game resources.
http://www.thanatosrealms.com/war2/alliance-sounds
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Roadblock wrote:I checked that.. it's higher quality but it's not the original clip from warcraft RTS (it appears to be from Hearthstone)

True, but it definitely sounds better. :mrgreen:
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by AfterAfterlife » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a pretty similar addOn for another expansion and I had some trouble, e.g. there's no event for quest complete, on quest complete the default sound was always there...

So, the best solution that I found was to overwrite Blizzard's sound files (just 2 files - iQuestActivate and iQuestComplete - might be different in Vanilla). After doing that, you don't need to set scripts, no need to see if you just turned-in a quest, etc...

Advantages:
- Easier and faster
- Way less code

Disavantages:
- "Intrusive"

Take care.
AfterAfterlife
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Addons & macros