[Job Opening] AddOn improvement

Re: [Job Opening] AddOn improvement

by Youfie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 am

Kill wrote:Only a very brief update:

I worked all day today to rewrite the core functionally concerning the correct order of buff- and debuff-assignment. However, there still might be some performance issues. Nonetheless I am now confident that there is a chance to actually finish this (successfully^^).

As I already said, the core functions are now correctly implemented, but there are a lot of nice features in this AddOn that require further work:
- Recast expired buffs
- Chat alarm for expiring buffs (that have a long duration)
- "Rightclick remove" buffs
... and a lot more

Hence I think I am 50% now. Sadly I won't have time until next week for further development.

Well then, good luck for the rest of the work then :), and see you next week !
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kill » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 am

Ok,
just checking in with a little update.
I now crushed together both addons to only one, so I can handle stuff better.
I have a lot stuff to do right now and I wasted a whole day because I was to stupid to do stuff properly.

However, here is a new video. Google is down right now (!?) so I uploaded at vimeo, sorry for the bad music as always.
As you can see: The addon can handle max Buffs and Debuffs and Poisons are show correctly on top and in correct order.

Tasks to come:
- Fix Bugs (some minor ones, like coloring stuff and more serious ones)
- Clean Code
- release test version here
- more bug fixes and MORE RESOURCEFUL implementation, not very good right now
- alignment with distances between itembuffs/buffs/debuffs according to request.
- commentary in code

Won't be ready in until next week for sure, sadly no launch with this addon. Have fun anyway!
Last edited by Kill on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:05 am

Kill wrote:*I crushed together both addons to only one.

I don't exactly understand what AddOns did you mixed ? You mean EBB with the CT ones code-wise ? Or do you mean you added new features ?

Kill wrote:- alignment with distances between itembuffs/buffs/debuffs according to request.

It was not THAT important, and when I look at what the AddOn looks like right now it seems pretty fine already, but fine, it'll be perfect then ;).

Kill wrote:Won't be ready in until next week for sure, sadly no launch with this addon. Have fun anyway!

That's not really important ;).

Again, thanks a lot for all your work :)))
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kill » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:10 am

Youfie wrote:

I don't exactly understand what AddOns did you mixed ? You mean EBB with the CT ones code-wise ? Or do you mean you added new features ?

CT_ItemBuffs is now part of CT_Buffmod. So you principally only need CT_Buffmod. However, I will rename it to remove any misunderstanding and to credit all the work I put into it - I basically rewrote it, keeping only the primary structure and some auxiliary methods in it.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 am

Kill wrote:
Youfie wrote:

CT_ItemBuffs is now part of CT_Buffmod. So you principally only need CT_Buffmod. However, I will rename it to remove any misunderstanding and to credit all the work I put into it - I basically rewrote it, keeping only the primary structure and some auxiliary methods in it.

Oh, okay ;).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Any update ?

Kill, if you can't finish the project or don't have the motivation to do so, I guess most of us will be more than happy to use the not-totally-finished-but-already-very-cool version that you showcased in your last video ;).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kill » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:14 am

Youfie wrote:Any update ?

Kill, if you can't finish the project or don't have the motivation to do so, I guess most of us will be more than happy to use the not-totally-finished-but-already-very-cool version that you showcased in your last video ;).

Don't worry, first release will come end of next week I assume. It's basically ready and needs to be tested. However, I like to polish the code before, so I won't introduce errors later. Gimme lil more time, server just launched and you know we both waited a long time for it ;)
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:49 am

Kill wrote:
Youfie wrote:Any update ?

Don't worry, first release will come end of next week I assume. It's basically ready and needs to be tested. However, I like to polish the code before, so I won't introduce errors later. Gimme lil more time, server just launched and you know we both waited a long time for it ;)

Fair enough, next week it will be then :).

Thank you again :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Noxx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:28 am

Damn amazing u are a hero Kill
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 am