[Addon] Questie *v2.66* - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.6* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by Dyaxler » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm working on a bunch of fixes... the servers went down last night for a couple of hours so I'm behind. I'm hoping to have a new version today.

Here are a few things to look forward to...
I'll return the Toggle button.
The QuestTracker will have a toggle to "Always Track All Quest Objectives".
The QuestTracker can be turned off.

@Petroix - You have to bind ESC to the Gamemenu in Keybindings in order to close the Worldmap with the ESC key. This is with or without Mods. It's hard coded in the WoW Client.

Author of SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12
More info available here: Nostalrius Forum thread link. - Feed back welcome.
Submit bugs on GitHub or post about it in the forum thread.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:43 pm

In a separate thread related to the ESC key not closing the world map... apparently the issue is with Cartographer. But, Questie is using similar code to break the Worldmap from "Full Screen" if you aren't using Cartographer. Matter of fact, there are a lot of addons that do it this way. Metamap as well. There must be some option that I'm missing that breaks the ESC key. I'll track down the root cause and fix it. I'll also see if the fix works for Cartographer and provide the fix for that if I have time.

While I'm monkeying with the Worldmap code I'll also see if I can make it resizable like someone suggested.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shotgunsaint » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Great work Dyaxler. Love the constant updates.

I am still having problems with quests not showing up on the world map randomly. I've tried disabling all other mods, and resetting variables and it seems to keep coming back. The button coming back is an easy and quick work around.
Shotgunsaint
Private
Private

by Dyaxler » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Can you tell me which quests aren't showing up correctly? If they have some wonky entry in the database I need to fix that or build in a check for that type of issue. In all honesty the Quest Toggle button is a BandAid... you really shouldn't need it. ;)
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Humble Kagu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Fantastic work Dyaxler. I've been using the latest one that removed the toggle Questie button and it seems to run fine with minimal issues. At first I had completely forgotten about needing to track the quest to see the objective markers on the map. However, I really appreciate this new feature. Makes the map less cluttered, however the option to always display them seems like a good idea as can be seen from some these posts, too many people were used to that.

Same can be said about the toggle Questie button. I think people were so used to toggling that button if they didn't see the markers on the map. Which may have created some confusion with the new feature that required you to add the quest on the tracker to see the markers.

All in all, I personally like all these new features. Keep up the great work!
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shotgunsaint » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Dyaxler wrote:Can you tell me which quests aren't showing up correctly? If they have some wonky entry in the database I need to fix that or build in a check for that type of issue. In all honesty the Quest Toggle button is a BandAid... you really shouldn't need it. ;)

I did some testing today, and it doesnt seem to be quest specific. I picked up the second part of The Westfall Militia chain and no objectives on the map. Later I joined a group and picked up Coastal Menace and again, none of the objectives populated on the mini map. (Even though the quest was showing in the tracker.)

If I toggle using the command line everything shows up again.

I have removed eql 3 permenantly and I still have the same issue.
Shotgunsaint
Private
Private

by Dyaxler » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 pm

** UPDATE ** I'm keeping my eye on this tread for any new issues...

I'm currently working on a new release and still have several bugs to track down and squash but I'm making progress. I'm hopeing to be finished by Midnight (UTC).

Complete:
  • Questie Toggle Button has been returned - added bonus: if you turn off Questie using the Toggle then all Questie related objects will be hidden accept the quest tracker. You'll have to untrack all your quests to make the tracker disappear. However, the bonus is that Quests that are available will re-appear after the next OnUpdate allowing you to see them where as previously they might have been covered up by an ? icon or a quest objective.
  • Added a toggle to "always show quest objectives" regardless of tracked status (default) - I.E. quest objectives will always show up on the Minimap (for the current zone only) and Worldmap no matter which zone you're in unless you use the toggle to turn it off. In the 'off' state, Questie will only display the quest objective if you're tracking it in the QuestTracker.
  • Added a toggle to turn on/off the QuestTracker. In the off state you'll be able to use what ever tracker is enabled. If you're running EQL3 then you'll use it's tracker. If you don't have another mod then it'll revert to the Blizzard default tracker.
  • Improved the QuestTracker to auto resize itself based on the number of quests listed as well as it's width. If no quests are being tracked it's size will shrink to 1x1 pixels and should resolve some reported issues where players weren't able to click on objects located around or near where the tracker was previously placed. The old size was 200x200 pixels so it's understandable that players were having some issues.
  • Added a 'Clear Config' option to the /Questie menu - this will clear ALL settings for the currently logged in character. This will NOT reset your Quest Database but it will clean up stale entries. The purpose of this is to help users resolve issues upon upgrading to a newer version of Questie. NOTE: once this command is run please reload your UI or logout and back in to finalize your settings. THEN use the /Questie menu to set individual character preferences. This will also resolve issues with the QuestTracker in case you some how move it somewhere off screen.
  • I've fixed the Worldmap for users that aren't using Cartographer or Metamap. It's been scaled down from 100% to 80% and I've fixed the Esc button issue. The WoW client has a built in feature that if no key is bound to the System/Game Menu then you can still close the Worldmap with your Esc key. I've added this bit of code into Questie even if you're using Metamap or Chartographer. This should resolve issues for players that have reported not being able to close the Worldmap with their Esc key no matter what Map mod you're running or no matter what you have your Key binds set to.
  • Fixed a bug with the Manual Complete functions. If you manually complete a Quest with more than one step using either the command line or by map click then it will flag ALL quests in that Chain as complete even if you have one of the steps in your Quest log. This can cause the quest to be permanently tracked until it's completed and leave entries in the database that aren't needed. This bug has been present since before I started making changes and wasn't noticed until now. *ducks* Sorry! This might be contributing to some reported issues players have been having with quests not properly being flagged or showing up or disappearing after accepting a quest.

Currently working on or still adding:
  • I'm going to make the QuestTracker anchor itself either on the bottom or top. This will fill the tracker from either top down or bottom up. If it's set to anchor on the bottom then it will fill quests from bottom up so if you place your QuestTracker just above your chat window, future quests that are added to the tracker will grow upwards and won't cover your chat window. If it's anchored at the top... well you get the idea. :)
  • I'm adding a header at the top of the QuestTracker to show you the total number of quests you currently have in your log. I.E. QuestieQuests: ( 9 / 20 )
  • Investigating a method to force a quest to be TOTALLY complete via the Map Click feature. Currently there are a number of quests with multiple hash numbers for the same quest name. Questie only flags one of the numbers as complete. Since there are 1 or more hash numbers still needing to be flagged as complete, the ! icon will remain unless you manually add them to your characters database. Yeah, really annoying.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rivolf » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 pm

I install new version and now can't move quest tracker. He like locked
rivolf
Private
Private

by Selon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:03 am

Installed the addon for the first time, can't move any of it's modules. (Direction arrow, quest log fixed on the right side of the screen).
Plus whenever I open the MAP it is always showing all the avalaible quests around me, even though I would like to see only those which ones I'm currently doing.
Selon
Tester

by pherousa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Need help. The Quest tracker is locked on the left side of my screen how do i remove this ?
pherousa
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros