[Addon] Questie *v2.66* - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.6* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by andrebosis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:09 pm

So Questie was working great for me for a few days but when i logged on today im having lag issues when hovering over NPC's and enemies, i tried to reinstall the addon but still get lag when hovering over npcs and enemies. Is there anyway to fix this?
andrebosis
Tester

by Rosenwyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:35 pm

It seems like it's better to add a BIG RED NOTE on the very first page of the topic how to move quest log )

ctrl + shift + drag
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by chipidanas » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello. I recently installed this version( i had the previous), and everytime i log in with a character that has this addon enabled, my game just crashes. Any clue whats wrong?
Thanks.
chipidanas
Private
Private

by ceen2 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:45 pm

I deleted my old questie installed the new one and now it doesnt show the mob locations etc on the mini map anymore :(
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bartolo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Is it possible to make Questie use less memory resources.

My leveling alts have only use questie because if i load other addons at the same time it forces me to exit the game.
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by schaka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 pm

ceen2 wrote:I deleted my old questie installed the new one and now it doesnt show the mob locations etc on the mini map anymore :(

You need to track quests now for things to show up. It says so in the patchnotes.
Bartolo wrote:Is it possible to make Questie use less memory resources.
My leveling alts have only use questie because if i load other addons at the same time it forces me to exit the game.

Before you log into your character, open the addons menu and give it 256mb instead of 48mb.

Keep in mind, a large database that contains pretty much all mob quest and item information necessary is just going to eat a lot of resources. Not much you can do to "keep it small".
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by doggy0069 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:19 am

i installed the questie 2.6 addon and when i logged into game the quest tracker was in the middle of my screen and i could not move it. pressing down SHIFT would not allow me to move it either. i have tried deleting the files and re downloading them but it did not work.
doggy0069
Tester

by andrebosis » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:22 am

Im having lag issues when hovering my mouse cursor over NPCS but only one of my characters. If i log into any other of my characters with Questie enabled i do not have any lag issues with cursor hovering only on one of my characters, is there anyway to fix this?
andrebosis
Tester

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.62* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by Dyaxler » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm

OK, HUGE RELEASE! I'm incredibly sorry this took me sooo long to get out. It's packed with bug fixes, code cleanups and function tweaks that I'm hoping will resolve some performance issues that have been around for, as near as I can tell, awhile. I wanted to make sure that I gave each new bug fix and feature it's due attention and it all went though rigorous testing. I was a Software Test Engineer earlier in my professional career and I as a matter of pride and work ethic I stick to my procedures - which I'll admit was overkill.

I've also added a TON of new features and options. Please review the " /questie " command menu to see all the new goodies. It might be a bit overwhelming at first so to make things easier... ALL the defaults are set so that Questie functions the way it did before I began making changes. This means that all the new features such as the new colors, the direction the QuestTracker grows, hiding and showing certain elements, QuestLog header, etc. All of it is turned off. If you want to use the new features you have to turn them on or set them.

I've also reverted the way that Quest Objectives are shown on the Minimap and Worldmap. It's back to the way it was before. They are ALWAYS shown regardless of tracked status. If you like the way the maps are cleaned up when tracking or untracking quests then you'll have to enable that feature via the command line.

Now here is a new option that I'm sure will make most people happy... there is a new command line option to clear your Characters settings. This will NOT clear your Quest Database but it does clean up stale entries and flags improperly flagged quests to their proper setting. Use /questie clearconfig to clear your settings after you upgrade. This will remove old settings no longer used and add new settings that will need to be in your profile in order to work right. This will ensure a clean install without wiping the quests you've already completed.

This is a huge release so please take some time to review the release notes. I won't post them here because it's just too much info. You can find it here: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieD ... ses/latest

Enjoy!
Author of SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12
More info available here: Nostalrius Forum thread link. - Feed back welcome.
Submit bugs on GitHub or post about it in the forum thread.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.62* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by andrebosis » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Still having lag issues when hovering over NPCs and enemy mobs with the latest update but only on one of my characters....
andrebosis
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros