Need help with Bartender.

Need help with Bartender.

by smtCreative » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am

Hey guys! I've recently started playing and I leveled up my shaman to 30 (which pretty much means I'm staying on the server). As the name of the topic suggest, I need help with Bartender because that addon is dreadful to set up. If you could link a tutorial (can't find anything for earlier versions of this addon) or explain to me how am I supposed to get it going, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you think Bartender sucks or there are better alternatives of this kind of addon, tell me which one do the job. Kind regards.
Last edited by smtCreative on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
smtCreative
Tester

Re: Need help Bartender.

by Mimma » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 am

Uninstall Bartender and get Bongos instead. The addon does the same, but is much easier to configure.

Download link: http://armory.digam.dk/?sa=download.file.info&p1=6&p2=32
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Cruzix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:15 pm

i dont like bongos since u cant customize each bar individually.

Bartender2 is the best imo but zBar is also good and easier to customize than bartender2
Cruzix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smtCreative » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:12 am

Mimma wrote:Uninstall Bartender and get Bongos instead. The addon does the same, but is much easier to configure.

Download link: http://armory.digam.dk/?sa=download.file.info&p1=6&p2=32

Just what I was looking for! Easy, simple and effective! Tyvm for this awesome addon!

Cruzix wrote:i dont like bongos since u cant customize each bar individually.

Bartender2 is the best imo but zBar is also good and easier to customize than bartender2

You can (kinda). Just make 60+ actions bars and they will have 1 button each, you can literally do anything with it. I made a circle for my standard rotation. :D

Edit: Works really nice with Xperl as well.
smtCreative
Tester

Re: Need help with Bartender.

by traitrus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 am

can u make a screenshot of your UI with bongos plz ?

im also using bartender2 (+xperl) but its limited in number of action bar, dont show key bag, and i have a bug everytime i log on : bar1 is vertical instead of horizontal and it dont save parameters ...

dont wanna fuck my whole UI if it doesnt fit me :D
Traitrus <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Hunter 60
Baloche <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Warrior 60
traitrus
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mimma » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 am

I don't have a screenshot, but you can see a Youtuve video with my Bongos setup.
It is not that fancy, just (almost) ordinary bar setup, but with a little offset to eachother like keys on a keyboard for easier reading.
I guess you could make a circle formation as well, but you still only have a limited amount of bars available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfL-uKb6PNQ
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by traitrus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

thx Mimma, i will take a look at that when i go back home, YT is forbidden on the proxy at office :)
Traitrus <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Hunter 60
Baloche <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Warrior 60
traitrus
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros