[Addon] Vanilla Healing Assignments

[Addon] Vanilla Healing Assignments

by Renew » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 am

Vanilla Healing Assignments
WOW 1.12.1 addon
my background: i was raiding for nearly 3 years end game on another server and made this addon to have easy healing assignments in raids (no more macros :D )

Make easy and fast Healing Assignments, post them in class-colors!
all assignments are auto-saved - even if youre log out or alt-f4!

important for nostalrius: Posting delay (slow post mode) depends on serverlag - i managed to have 190ms, but save value is 300-500ms!
addon has been tested by Murlocbrigade Silberwald on nost so far :)

feel free to post errors (with screenshot if error code) :D

Download: click!
GitHub: click!
Download FuBar Plugin: click!
GitHub FuBar Plugin: click!

tested and confirmed by http://addons.us.to - visit the page for download :)

---------------------
How to use
---------------------

0. Open the Addon

------------------------
you can left-click on the minimap icon to open the addon - you can also open it by /vha menu

1. Add Template

---------------------
You can create custom templates (max. 15) for your assignments. Its usefull to have a Template for: Thrash, Special Bosses or Raiddungeons! You can delete all Templates by clicking on the [X] Button!

2. Add Dropdowns

-----------------------
You can Add Tank- and Healer-Dropdowns by clicking on "Add Tank" and "Add Healer" Buttons. The Healer Dropdown will be added to the latest Tank Dropdown, so make sure you dont make mistakes during adding Healers :)
you cant go back to last Tank to add more Healers!

3. Assign your Healers and Tanks

-----------------------------------------

You can assign Healers and Tanks by clicking on the Dropdown Button and choosing the Player! Offline Players will be displayed as Gray, Players that left he raid will be displayed as green or red!

4. Post and reset Assignments

-------------------------------------

If you are done with your assignments, you can post these in the healer channel by clicking on the + Icon or right-click the minimap icon (adddon can be closed)

this will look like this (with colors on):

as you can see, offline players will be posted as gray, players not in raid or custom text will be posted as green, all others will be posted in class colors!

You can reset your assignments by clickon on [Reset] button :)

--------------------------------------------------
Bonus Features and Options
--------------------------------------------------

Death Warnings

--------------------
You can enable Death Warnings by clicking on the CheckBox in menu. This will enable the auto-posting report of death assigned healers. This can be usefull if you have at some critical bosses like Battleguard Sartura (AQ40).
Postings will look like this (colors enabled):

you can config auto-post channel and colors in options menu!

Sync

------
The Sync Function enables sharing of your templates and assignments with other addon users. Enable it by clicking on the checkbox. The [Sync!] Button will trigger all Vanilla Healing Assignment Addon users to share their Data (templates and assignments)! You have full access (you can add and delete templates) to the copy of players profiles! You can choose the profile by clicking on the profile-dropdown!
You can delete profiles by clicking on [X] Button - there is a max. of 10 profiles!

Options - Additional Tanks

--------------------------------
You can assign different classes (besides warriors) as tanks by enable it in options menu. You can also add custom text as Tanks.
This will look like this:

Options - Bottom Text

----------------------------
You can edit the Bottom Text (standard is: "Rest: Raidheal") in options menu.
This will look like this in posting:

Options - Slow Post

------------------------
Some Servers have Spam Filter, wich will you silence after you post x-lines too fast. You can enable the slow-post function that will do breaks between posting lines (standard is 500 ms = 0.5 sec.)
Its recommended to test out how fast you can post without getting silence!

Repost and Whispers

--------------------------
Players in your raid can trigger you to auto-repost or a re-whsiper of their asignments.

if a healer will whisper you "!heal" you will answer him his assigned tank - if a tank will whisper you "!heal" you will answer him his assigned healers!

"!repost" will trigger a repost of the assignments:

Macros and Keybinds

--------------------------
you can make macros - check out /vha
keybinds are possible - check out blizzards keybind menu and look for Vanilla Healing Assignments
Last edited by Renew on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Addon] Vanilla Healing Assignments

by zeequenz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:45 am

This looks pretty amazing!

I have one concern, and that would be the Addon being able to color words in chat, because if that is visible to others, it breaks the ToU.

But I'm sure many Raidleader will be reliefed with this Addon :)
Inzayne - Level 56 Troll Hunter
How weak must one be to get offended by mere words?
zeequenz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Renew » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 am

zeequenz wrote:This looks pretty amazing!

I have one concern, and that would be the Addon being able to color words in chat, because if that is visible to others, it breaks the ToU.

But I'm sure many Raidleader will be reliefed with this Addon :)

it is NOT possible to post in world chat, /1, /2 or /3...you dont have to use colors(also you HAVE TO activate it before), since its forbidden by server rules :)
but trust me, once you used colors, ppl will complain if you dont do that again :)
only possible public channel you are able to post with this addon is /s
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Askental » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Well as you probably know, people were banned for queueing AV with a macro using built in functions... I don't think these guys think twice before swinging the banhammer here. So public channels or not it is still against ToU and I would be super careful about the colors part. Pretty great addon though!
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mimma » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:46 pm

My only concern is that healing assignments are almost never used. I can't remember when last time was necessary to assign all healers to specific targets - except for maybe Patchwerk.

But yes, it looks great! :-)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Renew » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Mimma wrote:My only concern is that healing assignments are almost never used. I can't remember when last time was necessary to assign all healers to specific targets - except for maybe Patchwerk.

prob :)
on VG -> Omega, Wipe Club, Oathsworn, Chaos, Exodus and DP ofc used/useing that addon - much spam in healer channel :)
basically we assign 1 priest and 1 druid to a tank - esp. on naxx thrash - spider wing dispel - and some bwl packs this can be handy :)

idk how healing is on nost, but the guilds i asked for testing were uesing assignments too...
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by jaredp » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:47 pm

This addon is pretty cool.

Healing assignments are used VERY often in high end raiding, and I can see this helping. Every healer CL has their own way of doing assignments, and standardizing the method and being able to save templates for specific fights is great. In addition, Heals forget who they are healing, and tanks forget who they are tanking very often when things are just called out in vent.

It may be a good idea to add a tank target in addition to the healers assigned to a tank. But this sort of crosses over to a Tank CL sort of role.
jaredp
Private
Private

by kutsal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:23 am

Thanks for this addon, I will try to use it and give some feedback if possible.

One thing I would like to see is to disable the ''repost'' thing. So if I disable it, even if people whisper me repost it won't spam the raid.
kutsal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Renew » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:13 am

added Raid Marks as optional Healers and more options for bottom post line / whisper mode!

edit: text is limited to 255 characters per line - so you cant assign unlimited amount of healers per tank :P
use workarround with custom text if you need more healers(7-10 in colors possible, 10+ wihout colors possible)
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Talzia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 am

This addon supresses grid enhanced in raids for some reason. No LUA error, but when using grid enhanced, and adding this addon to my UI, grid will no longer show in raid groups with any settings and no amount of changing settings or turning standby off/on will show it in raids, beyond resetting it alltogether (Grid), whereupon it immediately dissapears again as soon as you leave/join another raid group. Disabling this addon immediately fixes the issue. Functions normally in a party setting.

I wish I could use it, but the incompatibility is a real kicker.
Guildleader of Axiom
http://www.axiom-guild.com/
Talzia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Addons & macros