[Addon] Vanilla Healing Assignments

Re: [Addon] Vanilla Healing Assignments

by Renew » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Talzia wrote:This addon supresses grid enhanced in raids for some reason. No LUA error, but when using grid enhanced, and adding this addon to my UI, grid will no longer show in raid groups with any settings and no amount of changing settings or turning standby off/on will show it in raids, beyond resetting it alltogether (Grid), whereupon it immediately dissapears again as soon as you leave/join another raid group. Disabling this addon immediately fixes the issue. Functions normally in a party setting.

I wish I could use it, but the incompatibility is a real kicker.

its fixed, it will work now with grid or other addons that use different strsplit function as global :)
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Talzia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Resolved, thank you. The github version doesn't seem to be working but the dropbox version is.
Guildleader of Axiom
http://www.axiom-guild.com/
Talzia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kutsal » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:55 am

Hello,

Me and my guild started using this and we had some ideas to make this awesome addon even better! I don't know how big you want to make this addon or if you think it's fine just as is but I will still post it here.

I made some concept for you to look at:

http://i.imgur.com/ZQE9EFa.jpg

Starting from the left side, beeing able to add/remove stubs. The templates will be inside this and you can easily click the + or - before the stub name(molten core/Blackwing Lair etc) to make it expand or shrink. You could also just add pre-made stubs for all the raids in Vanilla. A + button at the end of the stub to add templates for that stub only.

Template has a GEAR Icon, these are the settings for this specific template, I will go more into detail more below.

As you know, you cant go back to previous tank+heal assignment to remove healers from it. Now this isn't a big deal as you can just add like 5-6 healers for every tank and just don't assign if no healer is needed there. But yeah my idea was selecting one those boxes and press ADD tank to add a tank there, and ADD healer to add a healer. You also see I put a ''remove healer'' button as well to remove a healer. This way you don't have to redo the whole template as you just select the tank+heal part to remove/add healers from.

Onto the settings for template only.
http://i.imgur.com/oMqmnAv.jpg

When you click that gear icon from that specific template, you will see this pop up.
Atm you can add a post bottom text which is nice, but its global. So whichever template you select, it will always show that text. I would like it to be template specific. So for example: If I post Template 1, it says REST: HEAL RAID. If I post Template 2, it will say: REST DISPELL. On this settings page you can also be able to change the name of the Template as you can not with the current version.

Another thing is the custom text one. Right now you can add a custom text, have to select it at the healer/tank area and then go back to custom text to add another text. I would like it to be added to the list of custom text for that specific template. So if I type in: SOUTH GROUP, and NORTH GROUP. They will come into the list on the right side where you entered this custom text. So dropdown menu with all the custom text. You can also delete some custom text by selecting it with the drop down menu and clicking the X next to the dropdown menu.

I know this isn't something you can do in a day and I don't know your coding skill either. But if any of these features would be added I would be happy!

PS: Could you make it so we can add more than 15 templates?
kutsal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Renew » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi, ty for the ideas :)

Unfortunately i cant make such big changes in the addon, since i coded it a bit "stiff" :/

the only thing i can add is custom text dropdown and prob. add/remove healer from specific tank, but atm im powerleveling my char in pve server :)

i started with this addon over 6 months ago as my first experience in addon coding and i had no plans to add more features in the future, since i want to work on my next big addon project...

edit: basically you CAN make more then 15 templates by useing the sync function and sync a template from another player or some alt :)
then just edit the profile :D
you can make alts named: naxxramas, aq40, bwl, mc and use the profiles as "stub" :D
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kutsal » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:25 am

Heyy,

Yeah that is why I said before, I don't know how deep your knowledge is with making addons. I have almost zero so I can only bring ideas haha.

But thanks for replying and yeah we will do a workaround with adding templates and making use of alts for stubs. Good luck with leveling on the PvE server!
kutsal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by themagoo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi, this seems to be a great add on, but unfortunatly I can not test it. I have this problem :

I was in a group of raid, with warriors, shamans, priests and druids. But there is nothing when I click on the dropdown button :>

Pls help me, thanks !
themagoo
Grunt
Grunt

by Renew » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:27 pm

themagoo wrote:I was in a group of raid, with warriors, shamans, priests and druids. But there is nothing when I click on the dropdown button :>

Pls help me, thanks !

thats rly strange Oo i never had this problem before and youre the first with this problem (over 6 months of testing)...tbh i cant explain why you dont have anyone in the dropdown :/

best chance is to disable some addons and test - maybe some addon cause the problem ? sometimes there are rly strange thing going on between addons
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by themagoo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Well I tried on a fresh client without any addon at all. But I didn't try on a Us client. Cause yes I'm french and playing on Fr client. May be that's the problem ?
themagoo
Grunt
Grunt

by Renew » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:09 pm

themagoo wrote:Well I tried on a fresh client without any addon at all. But I didn't try on a Us client. Cause yes I'm french and playing on Fr client. May be that's the problem ?

I guess thats exactly the problem :) i made this addon for us client only, there is no translation for other clients implemted :)

My idea is, that the api delivers classes in non-english and the dropdown cant find the specific classes :)
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by themagoo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Can you make a really quick translation ?

priest = prêtre
druid = druide
shaman = chaman
warrior = guerrier
mage = mage
warlock = démoniste
hunter = chasseur
paladin = paladin
rogue = voleur

Thx ! :D
themagoo
Grunt