How to install addons ?

How to install addons ?

by Hanju » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to install addons but it just doesn't work, the " addon " button on the bottom left is not there. I downloaded the addon pack from Nostalrius, I drag the folder to interface > addons ( It's how it should work I guess ) but it doesn't.
I also tried to search for a guide here but I found none.

So, I would appreciate some help, thank you!
Hanju
Tester

Re: How to install addons ?

by Dreez » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 pm

I would not recommend you to use all the addons in the pack, there's simply too many

however you either way have to manually drag out those you want to use one by one

the nost addon pack has sub-folders (a, b, c, d...) you have to copy the addon from inside those folders into your interface \\ addons folder

make sure that when you open the addon you see a ADDONNAME.toc (the .toc is important)
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hanju » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Ya, I removed the pack because they were too many, I'm trying to install Questie, I did it with a friend at the same time, it works for him but not for me, unlucky
Hanju
Tester

by MrCruz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Hanju wrote:Ya, I removed the pack because they were too many, I'm trying to install Questie, I did it with a friend at the same time, it works for him but not for me, unlucky

Download updated questie - viewtopic.php?f=63&t=37830
Also delete any other questie you have in aour adon folder.
Like the guy above me said dont use all of the addons it will make you game take log to load and its useless.
Find out what do you need for your class and what ppl usualy use.
MrCruz
Private
Private

by Hanju » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:56 pm

I downloaded it there, the 2.3 versions and it doesn't work :/ I even tried the 2 ones under it and none of them work. Everytime I make sure to delete the previous questie and to close WoW
Hanju
Tester

by Dreez » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 pm

"doesn't work"
- does it load (is it in the addon list on the login screen) ?
- can you load the interface?
- do you get any errors?

you need to be a bit more specific
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Addons & macros